• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most Hideous Team Kit

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The Falcon said:
Most of the current Pro Tour team clobber is just plain ****e.

Garmin's Argyle and flacid colour scheme is terrible.....Agritubel is incredibly MEH and the rest are just dead ordinary, with the exception of Cervelo which is think is ok, and Quickstep.

Slide a schooner down this way, partner. I feel like Eros Poli today LOL

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Starting to get a mix here. I really like AG2R/La Mondiale's new kit, for some reason it reminds me of La Vie Claire (most likely due to the simplicity). Probably one of the few I would wear if I ever wore pro kit.

My vote for one of the worst kits goes to Cofidis. Looks like they raided the Ponderosa for the Cartwright's long underwear. I prefer their previous red/white/blue combo.

Special mention for Columbia (and FDJ and Cervelo bibs) too, never wear white bibs. Wouldn't want to have to ride half of the wheels today with those guys in the group...

I am not fond of the Blue milk cows of Milram either...although it does represent their sponsor pretty well.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
I like Rock's kit. There I said it. I'l be available in the courtyard for my stoning.

OK, I like it too...shit that was humiliating to say. Well, at least I was only a poser in doing so and not the instigator of the trend....

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
OK, I like it too...shit that was humiliating to say. Well, at least I was only a poser in doing so and not the instigator of the trend....

My side gig is designing kits for teams and clubs which I have produced by a small fabrique in Italy. Unfortunately this season almost every team has wanted a Rock Racing derived design.

Luckily most have allowed me to tone it down, but a few have even combined Rock and Liquigas kits to make theirs.

Crazy...right? Well the LG colors work well and are distinctive. Rock gives it a little style and the two work well together.

Now back to the main topic...

AG2R...ugh
Columbia...needs more color.
LG...perfect, cant miss them and design is classic
Astana...it has grown on me. Kind of like mold...
Garmin... I actually like it, but not when it is wet.
Cervelo... just blah
QuickStep... loved the kits they were not allowed to wear at Paris Roubaix
Katusha... well it is Russian?
Skil... wow love these! So old school, timeless!
BBox... not crazy about that crap blue, but a great design

All that really strike me.

A

Anonymous

FFWally said:
My side gig is designing kits for teams and clubs which I have produced by a small fabrique in Italy. Unfortunately this season almost every team has wanted a Rock Racing derived design.

Luckily most have allowed me to tone it down, but a few have even combined Rock and Liquigas kits to make theirs.

Crazy...right? Well the LG colors work well and are distinctive. Rock gives it a little style and the two work well together.

Now back to the main topic...

AG2R...ugh
Columbia...needs more color.
LG...perfect, cant miss them and design is classic
Astana...it has grown on me. Kind of like mold...
Garmin... I actually like it, but not when it is wet.
Cervelo... just blah
QuickStep... loved the kits they were not allowed to wear at Paris Roubaix
Katusha... well it is Russian?
Skil... wow love these! So old school, timeless!
BBox... not crazy about that crap blue, but a great design

All that really strike me.

Sounds like it might just work, got any pictures?

Yea, that Katusha kit is both boring and hideous at the same time. And CONI is right, the Pozzato jersey is beyond horrible.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Sounds like it might just work, got any pictures?

Yea, that Katusha kit is both boring and hideous at the same time. And CONI is right, the Pozzato jersey is beyond horrible.

I daresay they have bigger fish to fry then worrying about somebodies kit :p

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't mind buying a Rock Racing team kit, too bad about the price :eek:

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Dutch/Rabobank fans, I have never been a fan of their kit.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
as i stated in another thread, the new shade of the points jersey is the worst kit at the moment. Almost makes you not want to win it

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I wouldn't mind buying a Rock Racing team kit, too bad about the price :eek:

When I see the Rock Racing kit I think one thing ... try hards!

I think the Astana kit is a shocker, can't wait till Contador changes teams :lol:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
subzro said:
When I see the Rock Racing kit I think one thing ... try hards!

I think the Astana kit is a shocker, can't wait till Contador changes teams :lol:

got a copy of the Astana one and I quote like it. No missing you when you wear that one