• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most impressive tour debut 2015

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

roundabout said:
ILovecycling said:
roundabout said:
ILovecycling said:
Styby,Teklehaimanot and Emden as DT said.
edit: My god I forgot Anacona :eek:

oh yes, how impressive it was for a multiple GT veteran, GT stage winner and a top-20 overall finisher to feature on 2 stages at age 27.
read the thread name instead of moaning :rolleyes:

I know what this thread is about. Which makes your post baffling, unless of course you thought that the title was the Most impressive tour debut by a Colombian rider.

And even then Pantano was more impressive even if more anonymous.
lol what the heck is your problem? :eek:

Firstly,I wrote 4 riders and only one of them is colombian :rolleyes:
yeah Pantano was good but certainly not impressive, he was too ninja-ish and never did anything amazing unlike Anacona.He was in a huge number of breaks quite impressively, he did great ttt, protected leader well, worked hard during start of stages and put amazing performce on ADH after being in the break where he fought hard to stay in the front.

use your brain first rather than embarrasing youself ;)

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Arredondo said:
I actually expected Barguil to do a Tour like this. So not really impressive imo.

Jungels really good. And Winner Anacona was great in the Alps!
I thought Barguil would be stronger. I thought he would crack top ten so was a little bit disappointed.

ILovecycling said:
roundabout said:
ILovecycling said:
roundabout said:
ILovecycling said:
Styby,Teklehaimanot and Emden as DT said.
edit: My god I forgot Anacona :eek:

oh yes, how impressive it was for a multiple GT veteran, GT stage winner and a top-20 overall finisher to feature on 2 stages at age 27.
read the thread name instead of moaning :rolleyes:

I know what this thread is about. Which makes your post baffling, unless of course you thought that the title was the Most impressive tour debut by a Colombian rider.

And even then Pantano was more impressive even if more anonymous.
lol what the heck is your problem? :eek:

Firstly,I wrote 4 riders and only one of them is colombian :rolleyes:
yeah Pantano was good but certainly not impressive, he was too ninja-ish and never did anything amazing unlike Anacona.He was in a huge number of breaks quite impressively, he did great ttt, protected leader well, worked hard during start of stages and put amazing performce on ADH after being in the break where he fought hard to stay in the front.

use your brain first rather than embarrasing youself ;)

I suppose if we count imaginary performances like you do, Anacona would qualify.

In the real world it's another story though.

And the only one who is embarrassing himself is you with your constant embellishing of Colombian performances.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Barguil caught my eye but he obviously struggled in the last week, I can see him becoming a Pinot type rider decent but never going to win a GC. Slightly biased but I thought Adam Yates did well with several top 10's and alternating days in the break with his brother

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I suppose if we count imaginary performances like you do, Anacona would qualify.

In the real world it's another story though.

And the only one who is embarrassing himself is you with your constant embellishing of Colombian performances.
imaginary,uhh? what from what I said is not true? :rolleyes:
and why did you not mention some better performance of Pantano? ohh right because there isnt one :rolleyes.:

I see you probably 'embellish' my posts in some way, if you dont like them you can not answer me, or put me on ignore I swear Im not going to get drunk cuz of that ;-)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I am looking forward to seeing what Jungels can do in San Sebastian. He already did well 2 years ago, when Gallopin won, but obviously he hadn't ridden the Tour de France then

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Christian said:
I am looking forward to seeing what Jungels can do in San Sebastian. He already did well 2 years ago, when Gallopin won, but obviously he hadn't ridden the Tour de France then
Yeah me too. Is there a provisional start list for San Sebastian?

Adam Yates had some moments (Simon started last year), Barguil was decent, Sepulveda looked good for a while, Teklehaimanot and Anacona finally got a belated chance to shine, Buchmann showed well a couple of times too. I was disappointed that Kudus and Bennett couldn't do much, but it's just a matter of time before they start contending more, especially Kudus at 21. Matthews and his injuries was almost depressing, but there's always next year - at least he made it to the start this time!

A shame that Berhane didn't get to make his debut. I feel he could have done as well as any of the debutants.

TRENDING THREADS