• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most popular/loved active rider?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Most popular rider

• Samuel Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
WonderLance said:
I hate to be the one to point this out but WHERE IS VINO!

he is very popular indeed.there is a pretty significant percentage of cycling fans who hate him but almoust most of them wet themselves when vino's attacking.popular but controversial.

i'd say jens is probably the most popular rider in the current peloton.i also mention freire and gillbert.cavendish also.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Can one of the dutch posters on the forum post a link to an audio file with the correct pronunciation of Bauke Mollema?

I butchered it recently talking to a dutch friend, but once we figured out who we were talking about I was too drunk to remember how he pronounced it.

Sorry OT. My vote is for Jens too.

shouldawouldacoulda said:
Can one of the dutch posters on the forum post a link to an audio file with the correct pronunciation of Bauke Mollema?

I butchered it recently talking to a dutch friend, but once we figured out who we were talking about I was too drunk to remember how he pronounced it.

Sorry OT. My vote is for Jens too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vta1zckud7o&feature=related

Right at the start. Just like you write it :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
partially the reason people love jens is because he is an attacking rider with grit. The only reason he can be so attacking is because people let him in the breakaway. Lots of people like Voeckler because he is always in breakways.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
I picked Jens because he works his tail off for other people's glory, and then on occasion happens to pick up a win himself. As big a Cancellara fan as I am, I would agree with most on here and say Freire is my second pick.

TRENDING THREADS