• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Motoman

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2010
Visit site
neineinei said:
Motoman was quite popular here after Hamilton's book was published. Here is the original Motoman thread, lots of photos

He is also mentioned in some of the USADA Reasoned Decision affidavits, including redacted photos of him with Armstrong, Jens and Fränk in Radioshack gear and Sean Yates in Sky gear.

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/FA+Exhibit+A+-+photo.pdf
http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/FA+Exhibit+B+-+photo.pdf
http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/FA+Exhibit+C+-+photo.pdf

Why would those other guys be hanging around with him>

Dave.

Quoted for posterity:

GuyIncognito said:
*Don LaFontaine voice*

"In a world...."
"....where miracles are no longer believed...."

"In an age..."
"....where cadence is no longer respected...."

"One man."

"One journey."

"To deliver...."

*Cut to vial of EPO*

"...SALVATION"

*Fade to black*

"Motoman: The EPOpee. Summer 2013"

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
I hvent been following too closely but wasnt motoman outed a long time ago? Whats the difference this time?

neineinei said:
Motoman was quite popular here after Hamilton's book was published. Here is the original Motoman thread

The first most of us heard anything about Motoman was, indeed, Hamilton's book. It was Dan Coyle (the author) who apparently did the leg work to track him down, revealed his full name (Hamilton could only recall Motoman's first name), and some details about his bike shop in France.

Coyle called Maire on the phone, only to receive rather panicked denials regarding any involvement with doping.

(This has may have been convered in the above mentioned thread, I just haven't checked yet.)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
The first most of us heard anything about Motoman was, indeed, Hamilton's book. It was Dan Coyle (the author) who apparently did the leg work to track him down, revealed his full name (Hamilton could only recall Motoman's first name), and some details about his bike shop in France.

Coyle called Maire on the phone, only to receive rather panicked denials regarding any involvement with doping.

(This has may have been convered in the above mentioned thread, I just haven't checked yet.)

Jeremy Whittle went to Nice to talk to Maire and he denied it all so now Armstrong has thrown him under the bus.............

Jeremy Whittle ‏@jeremycwhittle Apr 10
LA finally names Philippe Maire, who flatly denied that he was Motoman when interviewed by myself and@owenslot in July '13.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Jeremy Whittle went to Nice to talk to Maire and he denied it all so now Armstrong has thrown him under the bus.............

oh so he was "never tested positive for being Motoman" until now.

lets hope his business will suffer at least. What are the chances of legal action? The french police would have to get involved then I suppose.

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
the sceptic said:
oh so he was "never tested positive for being Motoman" until now.

lets hope his buisness will suffer at least. What are the chances of legal action? The french police would have to get involved then I suppose.

Yeah, but everybody was doing it back then...

One landscaper is doing 95kph with drugs in his moto making 50k Euro and you're doing 95kph without drugs or a moto struggling to get 15k Euro.

...suddenly a landscaper knows what he has to do to get a Rolex.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
What are the chances of legal action? The french police would have to get involved then I suppose.

He was questioned by the police a few years back. Doubt he told them the truth. Having Lance confirm Tyler's accusations can't be helpful.