• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MTBing in Transylvania?

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Im really keen to go explore Transylvania in spring, a lot of the country guides are suggesting renting a car but I dont have a license so was wondering if mountain biking would be possible? If so would it be possible to take my mountain bike on a plane or would it be better/cheaper to rent one for the week? If any of you have done this, any suggestions of routes? Or any tips? :)

Im really keen to go explore Transylvania in spring, a lot of the country guides are suggesting renting a car but I dont have a license so was wondering if mountain biking would be possible? If so would it be possible to take my mountain bike on a plane or would it be better/cheaper to rent one for the week? If any of you have done this, any suggestions of routes? Or any tips? :)
Without having looked up prices, it's probably worthwhile to rent a bike locally. Depends on how often you've flown with a bike before, and how much hassle you find that in general, of course.

Where in Transylvania are you looking at? It's not a small place.
I know Sibiu well, there is good bike infrastructure there. Haven't been to other cities (yet).