• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Murdoch vs Armstrong?

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if this whole doping business is just a distraction from a much larger plot:

Sunday Times persists in exposing LA doping antics
LA persists in denial
Sky invest heavily in cycling
The Wall Street Journal leaks Landis emails
UCI, MacQuaid, Verbruggen, JB and LA under microscope
Radioshack not invited to Vuelta

What's next?

LA TdF non-starter
UCI shake up, regime change
LA and JB lose out over North American Giro-rivalling tour promotion
Sky has big wins this season, signs rising US stars
Murdoch steps up to reap the ultimate prize - US Tour and market $$$

Is this the bigger picture? Or is it time to stop I stopped reading these Clinic pages for good?

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Trousers O'bongo said:
I'm wondering if this whole doping business is just a distraction from a much larger plot:

LA persists in denial

What's next?

LA TdF non-starter

Is this the bigger picture? Or is it time to stop I stopped reading these Clinic pages for good?

The underlined parts, I do not follow.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Trousers O'bongo said:

LA persists in denial

What's next?

LA TdF non-starter

Murdoch stands to make more money out of media hype than the small change and big headaches to deal with NorAm bike racing. Although Weisel would probably part with any interest he has, with haste.

I'm lost. What does this guy have to do with Lance?

dwight-schultz-as-howling-mad-murdoch-the-a-team--2.jpg

A

Anonymous

So lets get this right, Murdoch got together with landis a couple of years ago, created a cunning plan to bring down lance, so built his own team, then got landis to write a load of emails, published them across murdoch news media, result, armstrong is out of cycling and murdoch becomes rich..

that plan seems to be missing a few fundemental arguments.. like how?

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
this is sooo going on the website...

probably he was lying in wait to hatch his plan... all villains are a combination of cunning calculators and opportunistic attackers

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
i guess murdoch is on the look out for a new challenge with macgyver cancelled :confused:

Never, ever, ever do that again. That is not MacGyver. Not even close. How dare you disrespect the greatest show of all time in such a manner. MacGyver has nothing to do with this thread. The picture is from another show...guess which one. Kindly refrain from sarcasm. Yes Murdoch was MacGyver's greatest nemesis, but he was a madman assassin, not an Aussie media mogul who traded his local shores for foreign ones. Big difference. One was misguided, the other is truly evil. Do get it right or I won't be responsible for what happens.:D

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
So lets get this right, Murdoch got together with landis a couple of years ago, created a cunning plan to bring down lance, so built his own team, then got landis to write a load of emails, published them across murdoch news media, result, armstrong is out of cycling and murdoch becomes rich..

that plan seems to be missing a few fundemental arguments.. like how?

'Asking' race organisers to give a wildcard entry to Sky but not to The Shack? :D

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Never, ever, ever do that again. That is not MacGyver. Not even close. How dare you disrespect the greatest show of all time in such a manner. MacGyver has nothing to do with this thread. The picture is from another show...guess which one. Kindly refrain from sarcasm. Yes Murdoch was MacGyver's greatest nemesis, but he was a madman assassin, not an Aussie media mogul who traded his local shores for foreign ones. Big difference. One was misguided, the other is truly evil. Do get it right or I won't be responsible for what happens.:D

thanks for that :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

icefire said:
'Asking' race organisers to give a wildcard entry to Sky but not to The Shack? :D

Nah, if murdoch really want to f with lance he would have sent sky a-team to california

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
And if he runs into trouble, he brings in Mr. T?

(Who incidentally is now appearing in ads for something or other here in Germany, mohawk, gold chains, and all.)

Susan

Mr. T's Flavorwave Oven. Infomercials in the US too. Video snippets here. Get a load of the elderly women going nuts when he enters at 0:18.

Must be trying to compete with George Foreman's grill. Who knew the big money would turn out to be in kitchen appliances?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
this is completely off-topic but it came to mind when reading the OP:

if the Giro does it's opening stage(s) in DC in 2012, the current calendar will have it up against the ATOC. I just don't see how organizers of either event could accept that.

TRENDING THREADS