• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 108 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Zam_Olyas said:
Anyone listens to coldplay?

Now that's what I'm talking about! Old and newer stuff both. Albums Parachutes, Prospekt's March, X and Y, Rush of Blood to the Head, Viva la Vida. Almost too many song favs to count!

Lately I've been in a melancholy mood, so a lot of what I've been listening too below fits that. Except Foo Fighters. (But no 'On Melancholy Hill' by Gorillaz):
Foals – Big big love (fig. 2)
Foals – Balloons
Jose Gonzalez – Deadweight on velveteen (live)
Mutemath – All or nothing
OneRepublic – Secrets
Radical Face – Glory
Radical Face – Let the river in
Foo Fighters – These days (live on Letterman) - the drummer's got big Cippo-like grin

I am a big fan of Jacob Dylan and Coldplay, though I think that Dylan/Wallflowers have never managed to return to their peek of Bringing Down The Horses, though that's a pretty difficult album to match.

Bleeder is possibly my favourite ever song of theirs. Three Marleenas, the album track, 3 Ways, Some Flowers Just Bloom Dead are also classics. And the original Wallflowers album from 1992 (though with just 2 members that recorded the next one in '96) is a real hidden gem. Great tracks, longer songs, a little more of a tinge of country than rock.

With Coldplay I like their albums fairly evenly. My favourite off their latest is the single Every Tear Is A Waterfall. Other all time favs are The Scientist, Everythings Not Lost, Fix You, Speed Of Sound, track 1 off X&Y, plus a later track off that album with the lyrics "you belong with me not swallowed in the sea."

And I love the track 1 intro off Living La Vida Loca.

Bike Boy said:
So what do y'all think of this list?

50 Greatest Guitar Solos
Without solos by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gary Moore, Allan Holdsworth, excluding metal solos by virtually unknown guitarists like John Petrucci, Per Nilsson, Marios Iliopoulos, etc it's **** imo...

If it's only rock solos ZZ Top - La Grange should be there, Bon Jovi also. Pink Floyd's High Hopes has their best solo imo, very underrated song.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Suzie Q

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Suzie Q (live) (the song starts after a minute of John Fogerty's talk)

I have a problem with this song for at least 5 years, not that i like it very much or so but it clearly parasitize on me, because time after time (at least once-twice a month) i suddenly find myself mentally singing 'Suzie Q ,ohhhh, Suzie Q, Suzie Q, baby i love you, Suzie Q!' :D

Kvinto said:
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Suzie Q

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Suzie Q (live) (the song starts after a minute of John Fogerty's talk)

I have a problem with this song for at least 5 years, not that i like it very much or so but it clearly parasitize on me, because time after time (at least once-twice a month) i suddenly find myself mentally singing 'Suzie Q ,ohhhh, Suzie Q, Suzie Q, baby i love you, Suzie Q!' :D

CCR has some great stuff. Before I got to your last line, "ohhhh, Suzie Q" was going through my head.

TRENDING THREADS