• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 141 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yo La Tengo--Painful.
Cd case still has the ticket stub from when I saw them play at the now closed Liberty Lunch in Austin, TX in 1997.

TexPat said:
Yo La Tengo--Painful.
Cd case still has the ticket stub from when I saw them play at the now closed Liberty Lunch in Austin, TX in 1997.
Fantastic album from one of my favorite bands. There's a lot of tension in that album, more than usual for this lovable band, but damn, it works. Tracks like 'I Was the Fool Beside You Too Long' and 'I Heard You Looking' are incredible. I saw them live a couple of weeks ago, playing an acoustic and an electric set. They've still got it, wether they play cute little pop songs or their trademark 15 minute freakouts, Ira slaughtering his guitar and everything. Love 'em!

Speaking of tension, I'm listening to Pedro the Lion - Control. Probably my favorite album of his. 'Options', 'Priests and Paramedics' and 'Second Best' are all marvellous.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Radio was playing "Skyfall" by Adele this morning. I must say I like some of her songs but I do not get the hype around this one. I was hoping it would just go away after the movie but it has not been the case. Way overrated IMO

BigMac said:
That is amazing TR! I'd love to hear you, perhaps you could post a song.
Don't get me wrong, I like the song. It was actually stuck in my head for a couple of days. I was just sort of wondering why there were seemingly no black people in the choir and orchestra. (It reminded me of the US Navy men's choir who sang a number recently in honor of JFK's 50th assasination commemoration, there were no black guys in the choir. What's up with that?)

I'm afraid it's the first sopranos who get the pretty parts, seconds are back-up. Kind of like basses. I might try to whip something together, though, at some point.

Tricycle Rider said:
Don't get me wrong, I like the song. It was actually stuck in my head for a couple of days. I was just sort of wondering why there were seemingly no black people in the choir and orchestra. (It reminded me of the US Navy men's choir who sang a number recently in honor of JFK's 50th assasination commemoration, there were no black guys in the choir. What's up with that?)

I'm afraid it's the first sopranos who get the pretty parts, seconds are back-up. Kind of like basses. I might try to whip something together, though, at some point.

Oh no, i didn't get you wrong. I was solely reffering to the part where you said you were a soprano, and i'd honestly enjoy to hear something from you.

And i agree with what you say :);)

Christian said:
The Moldy Peaches - Unreleased Cutz and Live Jamz 1994-2002 (Album)

Made me discover the great song "Friend of the Devil" by the Grateful Dead.

Here the Moldy Peaches version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJYlZv83kk

Set out runnin' but I take my time
A friend of the devil is a friend of mine.

extending this line a bit. Its off season, so a dope song by Grateful Dead will fit nicely here.

Scarlet Begonias from the '77 concert at Cornell.

Good quality, but cut off a bit hard before the song migrates into Fire on the mountain.

Christian said:
Radio was playing "Skyfall" by Adele this morning. I must say I like some of her songs but I do not get the hype around this one. I was hoping it would just go away after the movie but it has not been the case. Way overrated IMO
I actually like it as a Bond theme, thought that it really suits the mood :D

As a song in it's own right, not as good as Chris Cornell or Alicia Keys/Jack White's more recent efforts.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a Canada thing going today. My first customer was Canadian, and a lovely one with great taste in bicycles.
It seemed fitting to play mostly great stuff from The Great White North.
Rush-Signals
( This might be my all time fave. Great riding music except for Losing It, which reminds me of my mortality and age; can't accelerate like when I was 25!)
Rush--Power Windows
Tragically Hip--Music at Work, and Now for Plan A
Intended to get on to some No Means No, but had oily hands from yet another FUBARed Rock Shox Reverb. Pining for the days when mountainbiking was less burdened by gadgets.