• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 423 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLvGizXxyc

I have loved this song for as long as I can remember, maybe before I can remember.. Don't think you can really separate the music from the words, this is a great attempt and I enjoy the version
I have long maintained a standing rule that if you don't understand Wichita Lineman, you don't understand the craft of songwriting. It's almost a perfect example, saying everything it needs to say and doing everything it needs to do so succinctly, while remaining both interesting musically and avoiding cliché while still sounding timeless and classic. It sounds easy to sing and play, but is deceptively complex.

I am not against her, I like her just don't see reason for some Heart remakes that don't bring anything new in my opinion. Here's the flip side, Heart in the other direction..
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk&pp=ygUwaGVhcnQgZG9pbmcgc3RhaXJ3YXkgdG8gaGVhdmVuIGF0IGtlbm5lZHkgY2VudGVy

Their personal version of a classic
I love it! You have Michelle and Barack Obama, and Bonnie Raitt obviously enjoying the groove, and then there's Jimmy Page and Robert Plant seemingly scrutinizing every note - no pressure ladies, no pressure at all! lol

Heart obviously wasn't as huge as Led Zeppelin at the time, but if anyone were to cover Zep's songs I think Heart is a good band to do it. They are more than capable and I simply just love me the Wilson sisters! :hearteyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad
Another hero gone too soon. And one of the best live acts I ever had the pleasure of seeing. No flash lights. No smoke and mirrors. No backdrops. No stage show. Just three guys walk onto the stage, play the tightest, most paranoid damn rock and roll you ever saw, with all the lights on full and all the stage machinations in full view. Then... they leave.

Godspeed, Steve. There was never anythin' to do in this town anyway.

Seeing as I like some rap and hip-hop I've been following the fairly lurid P. Diddy Combs drama lately, some rather surprising things have come out since Homeland Security had raided his mansions a couple months back. Homeland Security isn't talking so there are lots of rumors and conjecture, but so far Diddy is suspected of gun and sex trafficking, recording the rich and powerful while they were playing naughty at one of his "freak-out" parties presumably so he can bribe them later, and it also turns out he may not be a billionaire as claimed at all. Don't know if we'll get the full story from Homeland Security, it would appear some powerful people from both inside and outside the music industry may be involved.

This bit I found pretty astonishing... I like to listen to what this gal has to say (she repeats herself and meanders a lot because I guess the longer youtube influencers talk the more money they make [?]), I think she's entertaining because she's so animated and clearly passionate about what she's talking about.

BANKS EXPOSE DIDDY|$100 Million In DEBT|Too BROKE To Settle|Fortune Was ALL CAP

youtube.png

BANKS EXPOSE DIDDY|$100 Million In DEBT|Too BROKE To Settle|Fortune Was ...​

And here's the latest on this story from a different source.

Last edited: