Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 28, 2010
2,274
0
0
WARNING: This is probably the most redneck, hillbilly song that the United States has ever produced, but it's a "classic".

Old Crow Medicine Show: Wagon Wheel
 
Feb 25, 2010
3,854
1
0
on3m@n@rmy said:
I love System of a Down, especially Toxicity. Not familiar with the Spiders track. And I have never heard Avenged Sevenfold (MIA), but that was good. Well, just about any music properly put to "The 300" movie has got to be good. :cool:
The Persian speech just goes so well with that intro ^^
 
Kvinto said:
nice try to perform Kashmir by Alice in Chains, i wish Layne Staley could sing it, but in the end no one can sing it like Robert Plant and play that solo like Jimmy Page :cool:
Haha! You won't get any argument from me that there's no replacing Page-Plant-Bonham-Jones. Not anywhere in the universe. But I have to say the audio in the AIC video did not do it justice. I saw it live at a different performance than the one in the video, and it was awesome. STILL, to back up what you said, the orchestra really made it happen more than AIC did.
 
Oct 28, 2010
1,578
0
0
on3m@n@rmy said:
Haha! You won't get any argument from me that there's no replacing Page-Plant-Bonham-Jones. Not anywhere in the universe. But I have to say the audio in the AIC video did not do it justice. I saw it live at a different performance than the one in the video, and it was awesome. STILL, to back up what you said, the orchestra really made it happen more than AIC did.
well, i don't call that version bad, but imo it could be better with Layne Staley being alive and without an orchestra (i don't perceive it in this version of the song) :)
but when we're talking about the LZ covers i can't not mention this one:
4 Non Blondes - Misty Mountain Hop. Linda Perry is an awesome singer.
 
Kvinto said:
well, i don't call that version bad, but imo it could be better with Layne Staley being alive and without an orchestra (i don't perceive it in this version of the song) :)
but when we're talking about the LZ covers i can't not mention this one:
4 Non Blondes - Misty Mountain Hop. Linda Perry is an awesome singer.
Nice job by Perry and the 4 non-blondes! As long as we are getting the Led out, here are a couple of rather unheralded songs by them I like: Bron-yr-aur and Bron-y-aur-stomp... love those song titles.

Nothing beats stuff like When The Levee Breaks though.
 
Oct 30, 2009
527
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Luna Bewitched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2D_4ODZ6DE

That whole CD is fantastic.
Luna's sure got some great moments. I love the cover of Gainsbourg and Bardot's Bonnie and Clyde and their slow, dreamy version of Sweet Child o' Mine is lovely too. I haven't heard Bewitched, though, I should probably give it a try.

I've just listened to Manic Street Preachers - Forever Delayed. As an album band Manics kinda sucks, but they definitely know (knew) how to write a good single. I'm more than happy to just give this compilation a spin once in a while.
 
Feb 25, 2010
3,854
1
0
mortand said:
Luna's sure got some great moments. I love the cover of Gainsbourg and Bardot's Bonnie and Clyde and their slow, dreamy version of Sweet Child o' Mine is lovely too. I haven't heard Bewitched, though, I should probably give it a try.

I've just listened to Manic Street Preachers - Forever Delayed. As an album band Manics kinda sucks, but they definitely know (knew) how to write a good single. I'm more than happy to just give this compilation a spin once in a while.
Meh, not as good as the Guns 'n' Roses version.

That's true, do you know this song?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY