• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 98 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
shameless plug: my album is available for free download at http://nomaddnb.bandcamp.com/
Nomad Volume 1
6 liquid DnB tracks (180 bpm, perfect for cycling)
3 downtempo
2 dubstep
also have one track on Blu Mar Ten's Natural History Re:Vision
1337444964-1.jpg

Michielveedeebee said:
Nicely put onemanarmy! and that's an oxymoron indeed :)

What about this: Join me in Death - HIM

No, not that.

HIM are hilariously awful. Their song and album titles read like entries in a 14-year-old's diary, like the cheesiest, most awful attempts at "goth" ever.

Greatest Lovesongs vol. 666:
"Your Sweet 666"
"It's All Tears (Drown In This Love)"
"When Love And Death Embrace"

Razorblade Romance:
"I Love You (Prelude to Tragedy)"
"Join Me In Death"
"Razorblade Kiss"
"Death Is In Love With Us"

Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights:
"Heartache Every Moment"

Love Metal:
"Buried Alive By Love"
"Soul On Fire"
"This Fortress Of Tears"
"Endless Dark"

Dark Light:
"Vampire Heart"
"Killing Loneliness"
"Behind The Crimson Door"

Venus Doom:
"Love In Cold Blood"
"Passion's Killing Floor"
"Sleepwalking Past Hope"
"Dead Lover's Lane"
"Song Or Suicide"
"Bleed Well"
"Cyanide Sun"

Screamworks:
"Heartkiller"
"Disarm Me (With Your Loneliness)"
"Ode To Solitude"
"Shatter Me With Hope"
"Acoustic Funeral (For Love In Limbo)"
"Foreboding Sense of Impending Happiness"

If it weren't for Bam Margera having awful taste in music, nobody would have heard of them outside of Finland except for the occasional Sisters of Mercy fan who wanted to laugh at their song titles.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Meh, couldn't care less about song titles tbh... (although they are a bit childish from time to time yes)

The 2 cd's I own of them, Razorblade Romance and Dark light are ok in my book

Must be said, Fortress of tears is one gay song :p

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Os Mustantes do it for me. Bat Macumba makes this white boy's derriere wiggle.

I had the good luck to see Caetano Veloso a few years back. His performance nearly brought me to tears; it was so beautiful.

Really folks, if you don't check out what's happening in Brazil you're missing out. Whether your taste is metal or classical, their contribution to the sound of humanity is astoundingly beautiful.

"A Minha Menina" will continue to be the Brazilian floorfiller par excellence for years to come.

The first Gilberto Gil album has Os Mutantes as his backing band. The results are phenomenal as you might expect. There's a great world of discovery beyond the tropicalistas too, from the 70s sounds of Secos e Molhados or Novos Baianos to the 80s weirdness of Agentss and Fellini.

Black-Balled said:
Cure better than DM. Say you joke!;):eek::D Robert Smith is just so whiny!

How about Asteroids Galaxy Tour?
http://www.youtube.com/artist/The_Asteroids_Galaxy_Tour?feature=watch_video_title

Of course, Dave Gahan has a better voice.

Are you asking if the Asteroids singer has a whiny voice? If so, she has. Quite fun music, but not something I'd specifically listen to.

A couple of folky seasonal songs.
Karine Pollwart - Merry Christmas Everybody (yes that one, but a radical reworking and as Noddy Holder says IT'S CHRISTMAAAAAS)
http://blog.propermusic.com/?p=13160

Steeleye Span - Gaudete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDc2FD-vy8M

Seasonal folk songs give me a feeling of seasonal coldness and sparseness, together with a warmth from the feeling of culture handed down from generation to generation.

TRENDING THREADS