• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 271 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
Mayomaniac said:
This one is very dramatic.

What do you think it was aiming for?
Yes, this cover version was released in 1985 and the video is filled with references regarding AIDS, the single was the first ever release whose profits were donated to an AIDS related organisation. John Balance and Peter Christopherson, the two guys behind Coil were a couple and from what I know they lost a few friends because of HIV, that's the reason why this cover version took this direction.they releasedd this cover version and took it in that direction.
https://thepathslesstravelled.wordp...t-unique-interpretation-of-tainted-love-coil/

Mayomaniac said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Mayomaniac said:

Yes, this cover version was released in 1985 and the video is filled with references regarding AIDS, the single was the first ever release whose profits were donated to an AIDS related organisation. John Balance and Peter Christopherson, the two guys behind Coil were a couple and from what I know they lost a few friends because of HIV, that's the reason why this cover version took this direction.they releasedd this cover version and took it in that direction.
https://thepathslesstravelled.wordp...t-unique-interpretation-of-tainted-love-coil/

People forget, romanticize or render trivial the darkness of those years for some.

aphronesis said:
Mayomaniac said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Mayomaniac said:

People forget, romanticize or render trivial the darkness of those years for some.
Being of that age (well, perhaps a bit younger) I had friends who went through that - it was a very, very dark time. There is no romanticizing it. If anyone does that they need to watch some documentaries or movies about the AIDS crisis back in the 80s or 90s.

And on that note, well, don't actually have one at the moment for a change.