• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Must read : CN article by Friebe on Simeoni and LA

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Read it yesterday. He has been vindicated by the revelations of the obvious nasty nature of Armstrong. He now needs to get over it and move on. We should of course be starting a fund for those people who have been ruined by LA, partially or totally. Is their a list of those wronged and how out of pocket they ended up?

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It was interesting to read his viewpoint.
I hadn't known that his participation in the USADA report only happened in the last few weeks. I wonder if he was drafted in to bolster the 'witness tampering' aspect of the report once Lance decided not to go to arbitration.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
simeone to me sounds like a p**** really. so what lance call you a liar? I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over that. sounds to me simeoni has other problems that won't be solved by just this.

also the funding of riders screwed by armstrong like bassons and simeoni should come out of lance's deep pockets. not ours. I hope everyone with literracy and a role in cycling during that era will sui lance for all he's got.

jens_attacks said:
wrong section...

simeoni the victim trolololol

just a pathetic snitch, the peloton did well on him.
don't do the crime, if you can't do the time dear simeoni.

Isn't he the perfect example of what would happen if and when someone spoke out and told the truth? And for this he's pathetic and "the peloton did well on him"? They spit on him and shunned him like a lepar.

Ryo Hazuki said:
simeone to me sounds like a p**** really. so what lance call you a liar? I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over that. sounds to me simeoni has other problems that won't be solved by just this.

also the funding of riders screwed by armstrong like bassons and simeoni should come out of lance's deep pockets. not ours. I hope everyone with literracy and a role in cycling during that era will sui lance for all he's got.
It is called "Harassment" you can google it. There are many ways of it. People react in different ways depending on the situation and personalities. But it is still bad.

Escarabajo said:
Say what???

How would you like for people to do that to you??

for once, if you don't get involved in such activities,it won't happen. if you do get involved, then be a man and accept all the responsability for your choice. nobody put a gun to your head, yourself, you went to michele and beg him for training advice. selling all the people who helped you is weak.

bassons,that's something i can respect.

simeoni,manzano not at all.

Ryo Hazuki said:

Simeoni faced a criminal conviction in Italy had he not told the truth about his doping relationship with Dr. Ferrari. He talked about that relationship and only that relationship, i.e. he never mentioned Lance.

Lance then, because of his identical and even more intimate relationship with Ferrari, went after Simeoni publicly, caused him to become a persona non grata within his profession and ultimately drove him into premature retirement, with all the economic consequences that this entails. The only thing Lance didn't do to maintain the omertà, Mafioso law of the peloton, was to have him fatto fuori ("taken out") by a hit man!

Look Filippo is no saint, though he has never claimed himself to be; however, Lance behaved in the worst way and only in measure can't be equated with those types of human detritus that are the bosses of the mafia clans.

To lose sight of this and to place the blame on the victimized, is to side with the darkest forces in our society, which on the larger scale generate those organized crime institutions that are a contributing reason to why we can't claim, as a species, to have yet reached a state of civility.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Clearly you understand nothing about intimidation and it's consequences. This is the way the omerta works.

you are an idiot if you let yourself get intimidated by that and especially still feel that way after 8 years. what a joke

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
It is called "Harassment" you can google it. There are many ways of it. People react in different ways depending on the situation and personalities. But it is still bad.

I'm not denieing that but I think there is as much guild in this by simeone as in armstrong and especially when you let yourself get herassed then stop looking for excuses. especially after so many years and he still hasn't gone through with his life

Ryo Hazuki said:
I'm not denieing that but I think there is as much guild in this by simeone as in armstrong and especially when you let yourself get herassed then stop looking for excuses. especially after so many years and he still hasn't gone through with his life
He was only harassed by the most powerful man in his chosen career and it had a big impact on him for years (vetoed from the Giro, remember?). No big deal. No sir.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
He wasn't just called a liar, he was denied the opportunity of continuing his chosen profession at the highest level, by the mafia boss resulting in severe loss of income.

How can you live in peace after that?

no he continued to be pro until nearly 40 and only couldn't find a very big team because he had doped and talked. like some others, jaksche, manzano

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
for once, if you don't get involved in such activities,it won't happen. if you do get involved, then be a man and accept all the responsability for your choice. nobody put a gun to your head, yourself, you went to michele and beg him for training advice. selling all the people who helped you is weak.

bassons,that's something i can respect.

simeoni,manzano not at all.

Can you respect when one makes history by calling uci and saying 'deal with those, these and these guys'?

TRENDING THREADS