• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nacer Bouhanni

Nacer gets mentioned a lot in race threads, but after searching I can't find a thread for him so...

He missed French Nats, and now he's out of the TdF. Unless the guy he punched had some kind of plague on his tooth, how could an injured finger keep him out of the TdF?

“It transpired that the wound was badly dealt with. With the situation deteriorating, Nacer was operated on at 6pm on Tuesday at the University Hosptial in Nancy.” WTH?! What hospital deals badly with minor lacerations?

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
What a disaster for the team. Presumably after he cut his hand walloping someone, the cut got infected. So now they have a team that basically consists of a leadout train with no sprinter.

i d like to know what his teammates think of his adventure last weekend..., it will cost them a lot on bonuses during the TDF

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
What a disaster for the team. Presumably after he cut his hand walloping someone, the cut got infected. So now they have a team that basically consists of a leadout train with no sprinter.
It might be good for the team. Those guys can now be stage assassins because they have nothing to lose. Can Edet and Navarro do something?

Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
It might be good for the team. Those guys can now be stage assassins because they have nothing to lose. Can Edet and Navarro do something?

Much of the point of signing Bouhanni in the first place was to move Cofidis from being the sort of team with a Tour based on always having a man in the break, always hoping to get lucky with a stage, to one with an actual leader to build around. They might still manage to get lucky by reverting to that traditional wildcard approach, but I doubt if they'd have picked a squad of guys who've basically been a leadout train all year for that given the choice.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Man that was stupid.. he needs to remember that he is his team's main asset and must therefore protect himself : avoid trouble, etc... He completely blew it here. Very stupid.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
He's in my top ten list least favourite people. Pretty impressive that he managed to beat Donald Trump for spot 9

Hopefully Clinton is on that list too, unless you like people who get 200.000 dollar for a speech to a company. At least Trump is honest about what he does. Don't be blinded by the media, it's all propaganda, all paid by big companies. Do your own research.

*** Bouhanni btw

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
He's in my top ten list least favourite people. Pretty impressive that he managed to beat Donald Trump for spot 9

Hopefully Clinton is on that list too, unless you like people who get 200.000 dollar for a speech to a company. At least Trump is honest about what he does. Don't be blinded by the media, it's all propaganda, all paid by big companies. Do your own research.

**** Bouhanni btw

She's not in the top ten tho
#FeelTheBern2016

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Sanders who will eventually support Clinton, if not i'll respect him a lot but we all know how politicians are. Hopefully Sanders stays true til the end.

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Can't comment about the idiocy or otherwise of punching someone in a hotel corridor incident :) ...... but he seems to like using his fists a little too much. remember his Dauphine celebration?

Ohh a post on an actual thread about something serious..... Be gentle with me.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

markene2 said:
He talks about beeing a boxer after his cycling carrer is done. But he cant even throw a Punch without damaging his hands. Work on your technique Bouhanni. Dont land punches with your pinky man
He wouldn't be the first boxer to break his hand in a brawl, if you're used to punch with wrapped hands and boxing gloves you aren't an expert when it comes to bare knuckle fighting, that's probably the reason why Larry Holmes used a dropkick. :D
Back to Nacer, he's needs to calm down.

TRENDING THREADS