• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nacer Bouhanni

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
He's in my top ten list least favourite people. Pretty impressive that he managed to beat Donald Trump for spot 9

Hopefully Clinton is on that list too, unless you like people who get 200.000 dollar for a speech to a company. At least Trump is honest about what he does. Don't be blinded by the media, it's all propaganda, all paid by big companies. Do your own research.

**** Bouhanni btw

Well that is straight up not true...

On Bouhanni, he is wayward in the way he sprints so if he tightened that up a little bit then I couldn't care less with the other stuff, seen plenty of sprinters headbutt, seen plenty of sprinters with big mouths and seen plenty of riders who do stupid things of the bike. Cycling like most sports love having a Villain and Bouhanni fills that role quite well

Man -- I'm bummed by the news today. I want to like NB, and as long as he actually manages to win races (and doesn't literally punch his actual competitors) I find his hot-headed personality entertaining. But missing out on the TDF because of a self-inflicted injury is sheer idiocy. I hope he takes something away from the experience and learns to calm down a bit.

Zinoviev Letter said:
jmdirt said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
What a disaster for the team. Presumably after he cut his hand walloping someone, the cut got infected. So now they have a team that basically consists of a leadout train with no sprinter.
It might be good for the team. Those guys can now be stage assassins because they have nothing to lose. Can Edet and Navarro do something?

Much of the point of signing Bouhanni in the first place was to move Cofidis from being the sort of team with a Tour based on always having a man in the break, always hoping to get lucky with a stage, to one with an actual leader to build around. They might still manage to get lucky by reverting to that traditional wildcard approach, but I doubt if they'd have picked a squad of guys who've basically been a leadout train all year for that given the choice.
You are 100% correct, but IMO, NB might win one stage. I think that Edit/Navarro/Bozic might equal that.

jmdirt said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
jmdirt said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
What a disaster for the team. Presumably after he cut his hand walloping someone, the cut got infected. So now they have a team that basically consists of a leadout train with no sprinter.
It might be good for the team. Those guys can now be stage assassins because they have nothing to lose. Can Edet and Navarro do something?

Much of the point of signing Bouhanni in the first place was to move Cofidis from being the sort of team with a Tour based on always having a man in the break, always hoping to get lucky with a stage, to one with an actual leader to build around. They might still manage to get lucky by reverting to that traditional wildcard approach, but I doubt if they'd have picked a squad of guys who've basically been a leadout train all year for that given the choice.
You are 100% correct, but IMO, NB might win one stage. I think that Edit/Navarro/Bozic might equal that.

How are Maté's skills?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Who did he punch?
3 drunk guys who were making lots of noise in the hotel (the whole Cofidis team couldn't sleep).
So Nacer confronted them and things escalated, allegedly they tried to jump Nacer and his brother and Nacer punched a guy and knocked a few of his teeth out.

Mayomaniac said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Who did he punch?
3 drunk guys who were making lots of noise in the hotel (the whole Cofidis team couldn't sleep).
So Nacer confronted them and things escalated, allegedly they tried to jump Nacer and his brother and Nacer punched a guy and knocked a few of his teeth out.

Of course it escalated. He's that kind of guy who's always eager to beat the crap out of someone just to prove how manly he is. God forbid he'd call security, police, or ask for help in any way. Ugh, I'd punish him were I Cofidis.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, Nacer needs to chill, he always needs to prove how tough he is. I think he has an amateur boxing license, if that's the chase than it's evem dumber, if it goes to court the boxer usually gets the short end of the stick.
I don't know if they'll actually punish him, he's their biggest star.

This actually makes me like Nacer. He went out there Hinault-style, swinging...except that he's not Hinault: he was everything for Cofidis at the TdF. As a pro, you have to think about it. It's dozen of team guys who depend on team success to feed their families. You can't let them down. Madiot was right when he chose Demare...

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Tonton said:
This actually makes me like Nacer. He went out there Hinault-style, swinging...except that he's not Hinault: he was everything for Cofidis at the TdF. As a pro, you have to think about it. It's dozen of team guys who depend on team success to feed their families. You can't let them down. Madiot was right when he chose Demare...

Second year in a row, once he had a team built around him. Insane, imo

peloton said:
Tonton said:

Second year in a row, once he had a team built around him. Insane, imo

^^ agree!
In all walks of life.....those who go around swinging fists and throwing punches as a way of resolving issues / problems / disputes are complete @ssholes.
Intimidation and assaulting others.....hardly characteristics to warm to IMHO

Nacer is not cool because he can Box and resorts to smacking heads to resolve his problems.
Karma's a B!tch sometimes.
Wont be missing him one bit at the Tour.

BigMac said:
Mayomaniac said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Who did he punch?

Of course it escalated. He's that kind of guy who's always eager to beat the crap out of someone just to prove how manly he is. God forbid he'd call security, police, or ask for help in any way. Ugh, I'd punish him were I Cofidis.
should have used ear plugs or different hotel

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
NOW he files a Police Complaint...... I bet the Team's insurance company are having kittens.

“I was attacked by four people who were drunk and making a racket,” Bouhanni told Le Republicain Lorrain. “When I went to ask for silence because I had a race the next day, I didn’t see there were so many people in the room. If I’d know there were seven people in the room – four men and three women – I’d never have gone and asked directly.

“I just tried to defend myself, that’s all. The first person tried to hit me with his fist, which I avoided. Afterwards, there was a brawl and four of them came at me.”

Oh..... was your brother suddenly not there?

Silly lad. I know sportspeople are not selected for brains, but surely common sense is a valuable feature in an athlete?

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I really admire Nacy (as I like to call him). He's a fighter and that's what cycling is all about. In the modern peloton full of such twinky looking riders, his raw virility and rippling muscles under that red skinsuit fighting for position in the closing meters really gets my blood moving. I hope he heals fast and gets back in the fight. The race is less without him.

Re:

barmaher said:
Putting aside Nacer's reaction, I think he had every right to be annoyed by being woken up in a hotel.

Suggesting he wears ear plugs or books into another hotel is just silly, I think.
Right, he was justified in using his athletic prowess and trained boxing skills when he punched a loudmouth in the face and in turn, removed himself from the Tour de France.

Any suggestion of taking a more civilized approach to being woken up is silly. :rolleyes:

TourOfTexas said:
I really admire Nacy (as I like to call him). He's a fighter and that's what cycling is all about. In the modern peloton full of such twinky looking riders, his raw virility and rippling muscles under that red skinsuit fighting for position in the closing meters really gets my blood moving. I hope he heals fast and gets back in the fight. The race is less without him.

I agree. I like NB's whole cyclist/boxer persona and hope that he learns to keep it under control better. Hopefully the combined frustrations of his Paris-Nice DQ and this self-inflicted Tour exclusion will teach him to calm down a bit and channel his aggressions through racing. Mostly I'd like him to (eventually) win the respect of the fans over here in the U.S.

Irondan said:
barmaher said:
Putting aside Nacer's reaction, I think he had every right to be annoyed by being woken up in a hotel.

Suggesting he wears ear plugs or books into another hotel is just silly, I think.
Right, he was justified in using his athletic prowess and trained boxing skills when he punched a loudmouth in the face and in turn, removed himself from the Tour de France.

Any suggestion of taking a more civilized approach to being woken up is silly. :rolleyes:

Did you read what I wrote? Of course his reaction was wrong. I was responding to the comment by Indian Cyclist that he should have worn ear plugs or stayed somewhere else.

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

Irondan said:

Nacy was actually the victim here. He was attacked and forced to defend himself. No doubt it was the interrupted sleep that threw off his aim, or perhaps the brute had good head movement and the hand hit his teeth. At any rate, any doctor should know you don't stitch up puncture wounds. Even my large animal vet knows this.

Tour de Yorkshire stage 2

C-mIgTZWAAAJOhC.jpg

TRENDING THREADS