• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Nacer Bouhanni

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2011
306
0
0
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
Question is which team will Bouhanni ride at in 2018 - He's a tricky recruit for a team.
Exactly. Especially now that he doesn't do much results-wise, he must be a very unattractive rider for most teams. Very self-centered, very angry, a very sore loser, even violent as well. I wouldn't touch him.
Not for Sky...they have Moscon after all... :p
Moscon and bouhanni, a great combination. Sparkle, fireworks, super eyeball acttracting
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
bouhanni is also 1,5m on cofidis payroll, gl to find any team that wants to pay that
He won't get 1.5m from a Non-French team - Heck he wouldn't even get 1m - Well he can continue to sulk for the next two years and he'll struggle to get a team in 2020 - I have to question the business sense of Cofidis paying Bouhanni such a wage.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
bouhanni is also 1,5m on cofidis payroll, gl to find any team that wants to pay that
He won't get 1.5m from a Non-French team - Heck he wouldn't even get 1m - Well he can continue to sulk for the next two years and he'll struggle to get a team in 2020 - I have to question the business sense of Cofidis paying Bouhanni such a wage.
He won’t get 1.5m from a French team either.
 
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
Re: Re:

toolittle said:
Tonton said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
Question is which team will Bouhanni ride at in 2018 - He's a tricky recruit for a team.
Exactly. Especially now that he doesn't do much results-wise, he must be a very unattractive rider for most teams. Very self-centered, very angry, a very sore loser, even violent as well. I wouldn't touch him.
Not for Sky...they have Moscon after all... :p
Moscon and bouhanni, a great combination. Sparkle, fireworks, super eyeball acttracting
That sounds like a great French buddy comedy, I'd totally watch something like that. :D
 
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
toolittle said:
Tonton said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
Question is which team will Bouhanni ride at in 2018 - He's a tricky recruit for a team.
Exactly. Especially now that he doesn't do much results-wise, he must be a very unattractive rider for most teams. Very self-centered, very angry, a very sore loser, even violent as well. I wouldn't touch him.
Not for Sky...they have Moscon after all... :p
Moscon and bouhanni, a great combination. Sparkle, fireworks, super eyeball acttracting
That sounds like a great French buddy comedy, I'd totally watch something like that. :D
Who would take the other out first? I doubt that one or the other would survive the first training camp together :lol:
 
Apr 25, 2016
583
0
3,580
That guy is such a waste. I sincerely think that Laporte and Hofstetter should be the team leaders on flat/hilly/classics terrain. And they are proving that they are worth the shot with their 2018 results.
 
Violent argument on the team bus with DS Roberto Damiani, described by observers as "odieux et exécrable"
Meaning roughly, "disgusting and appalling"

Yaco is probably right, Bouhanni is finished, because of the bad blood between him and the Cofidis management. It doesn't matter much whether Bouhanni starts winning sprints now, I think he is gone at the end of this season
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I think Bouhanni is a bad boy and will never amount to anything anymore. Clearly the wrong mentality
It’s starting to look that way....a while back I would have said I liked his punk attitude. It can help when being a sprinter. But it’s become very obvious that he’s just a punk in general.
 
Sad, but not surprising. The diva, once Giro God (the worst thing that could have happened to him), is crashing down to Earth. And he's in denial. He will argue that he's not a has been, when in reality, well, he never was :eek: .

Instead of listening, training, he's melting down. The boxer forgot that quote from Rocky: "It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Hinault said that cycling is a combat sport. It is. Nacer the bully gets kicked in the teeth, blames the opponent, the referee, his trainer...I don't see him changing therefore he's done.
 
Re:

staubsauger said:
If he signs with Lavenu and agrees on riding the Giro d'Italia there's still a resurrection on card!

Bouhanni isn't a worse sprinter than Viviani after all!
...but the problem is the hype and thinking that you made it to the top. Viviani will be smarter and understand that in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed wins. But you're no Marcel. Bouhanni didn't get that.
 
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
staubsauger said:
If he signs with Lavenu and agrees on riding the Giro d'Italia there's still a resurrection on card!

Bouhanni isn't a worse sprinter than Viviani after all!
...but the problem is the hype and thinking that you made it to the top. Viviani will be smarter and understand that in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed wins. But you're no Marcel. Bouhanni didn't get that.
Viviani is both a better sprinter and a better human than Bouhanni. The sooner Bouhanni is brought back to earth and learns his place the better he will become.

Hopefully a few years in the wilderness will do Bouhanni some good and Cofidis will not automatically receive two GT wildcards every year at the expense of better teams.
 
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
Re:

Krokro said:
It's not a problem of skills, it's actually a matter of behavior and personality. Doesn't fit in this sport.
Apparently he wants to end his career at the age of 30/32 and try to make it as a pro boxer.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts