• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 359 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nairo ends his season and probably will do surgery on his left knee which is still in pain and was found to have a patella tear (Google translate).

The tear was found like 10 days ago but the surgery is a new thing today.
Usually that sort of injury could heal completely. Does anyone know if it was a product of a crash or some other factor?

Nairo will have surgery today or tomorrow in both knees:

I didn't know that the problem was this bad.

Here is the piece in Cycling news with a picture of his knees at the Tour:

Ek2cLBHXUAQp6HY
Ek2cWs0XUAEwQaD

• Wow
Reactions: Koronin
We never got an answer.
And the fact is that the fluids in those vials were already tested and they already know what they had. So they know by now whether they should continue the investigation or not.
I assume we can only post here with the purpose of knowing what will happen to Quintana in France.

Reactions: Poursuivant
I expect him to fight for a top 10. Perhaps 7'ish if everything goes well, but I have my doubts.
He peaked early. Never looked likely in the Tour after 2015. He only got third in 2016 because Porte had his usual bad luck. 2016 Vuelta was his last impressive grand tour. Dumoulin controlled the 2017 Giro even with crap gate. Top 10 I think is his best now.

TRENDING THREADS