• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Why doesn't he have his own thread?

I really like this guy, some great racing from him in the past year.

Loved his win in the Dauphine last year, also in Catalunya last week.

I assume he will work to secure valverde a top 10 placing at the tour this year:rolleyes:

What a shame, I guess he doesn't TT too well but its depressing all these exciting young riders have to pay their dues so aging stars who have no shot at the podium can be protected riders because of their salary rather than their possibilities. Not saying he has a shot at the podium, but please dont stifle him on stages where he can animate things!

These are the guys you should be building around, not old dudes on the way out like Valverde.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Quickly becoming one of my favorite riders, and the saving grace of my CQ team. :eek:
Hope he can keep his podium spot in Pais Vasco, or maybe even win it! :eek:...:D

I would also much rather see him get to lead Movistar than Valverde.

Sergio Henao & Rigoberto Uran were interviewed a year past about their possible prospects to aspire of what once the great "Luis Herrera" had achieved for Colombian cycling as far as a GT title- which they responded: Well- we hope one day we'll Get such opportunity to fight for it, but as far as a "Colombian rider" with the pedigree, breed,talent & be called upon destiny to fulfill such task- there is only NAIRO QUINTANA to be honest.....

Nice and deserving thread. I thought there was one already.

Nairo Quintana riding style is like if he was floating on the mountains. I like him a lot.

Henao and Quintana are probably our best prospects to improve or continue on our hegemony in the European’s mountains just like Parra and Herrera.

I honestly thought Henao was the only hope to win a GT again for Colombia. Now I am not sure anymore with Quintana.

At this point Henao has proven to be a little bit more consistent than Quintana so far. But things can change depending on how things develop for them in their teams in the future.

I'm disapointed in Quintana because few people in the cycling press saw him for the talent he was- all about pinot. So I was waiting for him to go into a grand tour where I could put some money on him with the low odds he has and get something out of it..
but instead he comes into these 1 week races with weaker fields so he doesn't have high odds to start with and places in all of them.so by the time he does get a grand tour his odds will suck anyway. And all those morons in the.cycling press who thought he was a decent future domestique will be right there to cash in on him.

The Hitch said:
I'm disapointed in Quintana because few people in the cycling press saw him for the talent he was- all about pinot. So I was waiting for him to go into a grand tour where I could put some money on him with the low odds he has and get something out of it..

you better complain to Unzue about it, because he has already stated what Quintana is set to achieve IN THE FUTURE-not now

The Hitch said:
but instead he comes into these 1 week races with weaker fields so he doesn't have high odds to start with and places in all of them.so by the time he does get a grand tour his odds will suck anyway. And all those morons in the.cycling press who thought he was a decent future domestique will be right there to cash in on him.

I guess Quintana's best chance to get rapid results/wins is IF Brailsford gets to acquire him;)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
you better complain to Unzue about it, because he has already stated what Quintana is set to achieve IN THE FUTURE-not now

I guess Quintana's best chance to get rapid results/wins is IF Brailsford gets to acquire him;)

No,please nooo:D
He will get a chance in Tour,trust me,Movistar will play 1-2 like in Cataluna:cool:

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Love him. Movistar should let him attack from far out and give us epic riding like last year in route du sud.

I'm expecting epicness in years to come.

Agree. I really hope he will (and the team will let him) attack earlier than we have seen lately. I really enjoy watching Quintana. It will be very interesting see how he will do on the TT in the Basq Tour tomorrow

TRENDING THREADS