• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 362 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sad watching Quintana now. He can't even seem to get motivated for the KOM or maybe he has realized he couldn't win it a few days ago............
The only good thing today was the team working together to get some points. They are only three riders. One pulled on the flats and the other one on the Peyresourde. It was all for none but it was nice to see.
They will have big space in the bus to relax.

I keep thinking going to a french non-wt was kind of a mistake, considering he has been fading over the last years.
Perhaps a spanish/italian team could be better, as I believe the TdF is the grand tour that suits him the least.

But, then again, this is competitively speaking. Obviously money matters.

I still think he has a GT podium in him. Just not on the TdF.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I keep thinking going to a french non-wt was kind of a mistake, considering he has been fading over the last years.
Perhaps a spanish/italian team could be better, as I believe the TdF is the grand tour that suits him the least.

But, then again, this is competitively speaking. Obviously money matters.

I still think he has a GT podium in him. Just not on the TdF.
Talking about him in that last year is very confusing. But I think you are right.

You have crashes, a motorist crash specially, a double knee surgery, lack of base training which is critical, recuperation program from a small French Team, and not the best racing program to come back. I have to say, and looking at the other Colombians that have had similar calamities, I have to say that the decision of going to a non-wt team was probably a mistake. And we cannot talk about clinic issues in this forum but it could be a factor as well after what happened to him in the last Tour. He made a silly comment during the Giro when he alluded to Ineos like a team that knew what they were doing. Weird.

I have seen riders with less talent come back to very high level. So I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back with a change of team. However the contract has to be broken and I don't think the team wants to do that and neither does Quintana since is very lucrative.

I loved it! He's not exactly the first guy you would imagine to do this... And he wasn't so bad... You take voice lessons during the winter, Nairo, and I'm improving my rap writing, and then we rule the rapping cycling world together next year!
Second ever pro cycling rap, by team Arkea Samsic, ghost written by BlueRoads, staring lil Nairoman and Boxing Nacer

TRENDING THREADS