• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

names for Novitsky to interview

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't mind the thread being bumped, but you don't need to re-post the same names. I'd like to see some conversation as to what questions could be asked of whom, and how people think they will respond. For example:

Who should Novitsky talk to foremost?
What questions should he ask that person?
How do you think that person will answer? Directly, voluntarily, and if pressured to answer under oath?

Let's hear some comments.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
alpe, was doing that, so people could check who was named, and then suggest anyone who was not named. But doing a good job here, so thanks.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I don't mind the thread being bumped, but you don't need to re-post the same names. I'd like to see some conversation as to what questions could be asked of whom, and how people think they will respond. For example:

Who should Novitsky talk to foremost?
What questions should he ask that person?
How do you think that person will answer? Directly, voluntarily, and if pressured to answer under oath?

Let's hear some comments.

Any definition (on the thread) around the scope of what is being/could be investigated by Novitsky otherwise the list could be endless? Novitsky's co-ercion powers outside the US would be very limited I would have thought but then again no problems with a wishlist I guess .....

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Good friend of Armstrong's Chiropractor Jeff Spencer. The same Jeff Spencer who was caught dumping Actovigen and 160 used needles at the Tour

I questioned that post, so dumped it. Seems that doctor visited countless clients when flying to the US

his stops on the left coast were San Diego and San Francisco. Made me wonder

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Nearly said:
Any definition (on the thread) around the scope of what is being/could be investigated by Novitsky otherwise the list could be endless? Novitsky's co-ercion powers outside the US would be very limited I would have thought but then again no problems with a wishlist I guess .....
I appreciate it is scattergun, but it is bringing a few names, out of the woodwork. So this freestyle suggestion and sumbission, probably works for now. But point recognized.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
I appreciate it is scattergun, but it is bringing a few names, out of the woodwork. So this freestyle suggestion and sumbission, probably works for now. But point recognized.
getting a few names in personal messages, feel free for folks to message moi.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Nick777 said:
Phil Anderson was positive? I never knew that?

No. He was Lance's first room mate and personal mentor at Motoroloa. Phil was booted from the team when the young boys decided collectively, at one LA's bequest, that they needed to dope. Phil was never for doping. Had to go. So to Hampsten not long after. Phil had little interaction with Lance since then.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
you heard Phil was against doping?

I think that would be news to quite a few.

Not all doping. Just the new stuff LA and the boys got into at Motorola. The type that transforms riders from not finishing Le Tour to annihilating the big boys.

Good list Blackcat. Most of the names ring bells. Don't know all the soigneurs and hangers on, but the main players, riders and officials are there.

Might want to add all the UCI's official ruling committee to the list. Gripper and Schank weren't the only one's with info on the bribe.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Galea has been in the hotseat for awhile

makes me wonder if they sought Floyd out and have been watching this go on for some time. Nothing would surprise me at this point

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
this really is tubularglue's thread, so credit goes to him/her(respectfully). I got a few editions off to the people who do the dealing. But I might annotate all the names and connections, in a final draft when the final names have trickled in. Thanks tubular, goodwork, I am passing that on from the authoriteez

May 20, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
this really is tubularglue's thread, so credit goes to him/her(respectfully). I got a few editions off to the people who do the dealing. But I might annotate all the names and connections, in a final draft when the final names have trickled in. Thanks tubular, goodwork, I am passing that on from the authoriteez

Here's some help:

Dave Bolch (2000 soigneur) - ( American/Texan)
Juan Lujan (2000 mechanic) - nice guy and a family man (Mexican)
Dave Lettierri (2000 mechanic) - owns a bike shop in Santa Barbara CA. US Nat'l rider at Pan Am Games way back when (American)

Add Chris Van Roesbroeck--USPS mechanic--Belgian national

_______

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
there are two Lettierri's

both relevant? brothers I assume

Rob is his brother, Dave went to the Olympics and was Armstrong's personal mechanic for the 2000 Tour. He also used to run the Chevrolet team.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Haven Parchinski; here's one of her gems.

"Lance can never go after Ty like he goes after everybody else, Ty is just too nice. It would be like hitting the kid with glasses."

No Pharmstrong won't hit the kid with glasses.

Haven that wonderful human being, only stabbed "Ty" in the back.

Good people.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
How about Robbie Ventura, who rode for USPS in 2003-2004 and was Landis' personal trainer. He milked the relationship during the Tour de France coverage on OLN/Versus.

From an interview in 2005:

"Floyd and I have a great relationship, and I think that personal and coaching relationship that we have makes things a lot easier. Anything that happens or anything that goes on, he calls me right away. There is no lag time. That is huge. My best results with coaching have been athletes that I've been comfortable bouncing things off of. Floyd is very educated and knows a ton about the sport, and so am I. He can use me as a sounding board. Not to mention, we have Allen Lim, Arnie Baker and Mark Zions on our advisory board. And if I can't handle it, trust me, one of them can!"