• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Championship Discussion/Results

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
The U.S. TT Champs are today with the RR on Monday, and most other countries will have theirs in June.

Currently TJVG has the best finish time, but Zabriskie is on course and has the fastest first check time.

follow here http://www.usacyclingchampionships.com/

US Road Race National Championships profile:

elevation.png

Dutch Championships Road Race Profile:

hoogtekaart_2012.png

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Only 6 seconds between TJ and Dave Z. Shame Phinney wasn't there, but I reckon it's worth missing if he can win the TT in the Giro tomorrow.

Glad Zabriskie won though, he has the coolest skinsuit.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
And why the hell haven't you posted since December jobiwan? that's too much of a july only crowd attitude <_<

I guess I've been too busy with engineering school, haha! I've tried to follow as much as I could but I always had class during all the races. Now that I'm on summer break I should be a little more active!

And congrats to DZ, again!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
goggalor said:
Shame Phinney wasn't there, but I reckon it's worth missing if he can win the TT in the Giro tomorrow.

+1 let's see what he can do tomorrow. I am not expecting too much since he suffered a lot the last 3 weeks but you never know!

jobiwan said:
I guess I've been too busy with engineering school, haha! I've tried to follow as much as I could but I always had class during all the races. Now that I'm on summer break I should be a little more active!

And congrats to DZ, again!

i bet you are studying electronic engineering, exactly my friends also studying that, you guys can't manage your time at all :p

us superior race mechanical engineers have time to do everything we want and still manage to pass everything by studying at the right time aka all night the entire week before a test/exam sacrificing sleep i order to still have time for our activities :cool:

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
i bet you are studying electronic engineering, exactly my friends also studying that, you guys can't manage your time at all :p

us superior race mechanical engineers have time to do everything we want and still manage to pass everything by studying at the right time aka all night the entire week before a test/exam sacrificing sleep i order to still have time for our activities :cool:
Nope! I'm a mechanical engineer as well!

And I must confess, my absence wasn't completely school related - I finally got a PS3 and spent an infinite amount of time playing Call of Duty and FIFA!!

jobiwan said:
Nope! I'm a mechanical engineer as well!

And I must confess, my absence wasn't completely school related - I finally got a PS3 and spent an infinite amount of time playing Call of Duty and FIFA!!

you are disappointing us superior kind of engineers then :p

burning said:
Can I join to mechanical engineer club :p

welcome to our little awesome club of much better engineers then all others:cool:

Parrulo said:
welcome to our little awesome club of much better engineers then all others:cool:

Civil engineer representing!

Grats to Dave Zabriskie, really loved his Skinsuit in the ATOC time trial. When he came into the the picture i blurted out: 'WTF captain america?' Couple seconds later the commentator starts explaining that he is a bit of a goofball and that as Nat. time trial champion he wears a captain america skinsuit. Loved that, and hope to see it a couple more times this season.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
What riders will be competing in the road race? I'd like to see a higher profile rider be the US road race champion, instead of someone who will most likely always be a domestique.

Afrank said:
What riders will be competing in the road race? I'd like to see a higher profile rider be the US road race champion, instead of someone who will most likely always be a domestique.

I think Busche has a bright future ahead of him, I think he'd be smart to switch teams after this season. He's a hell of a climber.

Dutch National Championship profile and exact route is not yet known, but we do have this quote:

'Het parcours van 2012 is 10,4 kilometer lang. Het parcours van kent vier hellingen: de Oud-Erensteinerweg, de Haanraderweg, het Duivels Bosch en de Wijngracht. Het Duivels Bosch is nu nog deels onverhard, kent pieken van 20 procent en wordt speciaal voor dit NK geasfalteerd.'

translated into english:

'The 2012 Route is 10.4 km long. The route will have four 'hellingen' (hills): the Oud-Erensteinerweg, the Haanraderweg, the Duivels Bosch (Devils forest) en the Wijngracht. The Duivels Bosch is as of yet partially unpaved, has peaks of upto 20 % and will be specially paved for this National Championship.'

From the sound of it this helling will rightfully be named Devils forest, peaking up to 20 percent it's going to be a really hard road race if they tackle that 20+ times (assuming a 200+ km race), expect a climber to win the championship here. Should be good if we get to see a Dutch national champion be at the pointy end of a mountain stage in a GC or perhaps lombardia.

The race will take place on the 23rd and 24th of June.

goggalor said:
Only 6 seconds between TJ and Dave Z. Shame Phinney wasn't there, but I reckon it's worth missing if he can win the TT in the Giro tomorrow.

Glad Zabriskie won though, he has the coolest skinsuit.

I'm actually a bit of two minds about this! On one hand he could let someone else have a bit of the cake! On the other... that would mean no Captain America skinsuit for an entire year!
Obviously if he'd lost he would've just had to win the RR and design a Captain America kit for RR...:p

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The sickest part about the Zabriskie is the only time he has lost since 2006 is the 2010 when he didn't even participate because he was participating in the Giro. Not really sure what happened in 2005 lol.

Afrank said:

I'm rooting for Ted King or some domestic guy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts