• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Championships 2013

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Yay, nice one Cav! You know it's either the British Road Race or the Commonwealth Games when Cav attacks on a hill. Looking forward to Germany vs. GB in the sprints.

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
goggalor said:
Yay, nice one Cav! You know it's either the British Road Race or the Commonwealth Games when Cav attacks on a hill. Looking forward to Germany vs. GB in the sprints.

The commonwealth games next year could be a good race on a similar course.

Cav gave everything in Delhi to bring home a medal for the Isle of Man but missed out. With Pete Kennaugh (and maybe his brother) in the same team the IOM may get that gold.

goggalor said:

I've walked up Montrose Street a few times and even though it's not perfectly comfortable for a walk, it's practically flat in cycling terms, even Byres Road and University Avenue(roads that I used daily) have more elevation :) but it's still remarkable that he could attack Stannard, Millar and Kennaugh on any terrain.

I really wish they did this last year, they practically went right by my former student residence near Kelvingrove Park :)

jens_attacks said:
sagan is a beast and he will get his fair share of tour wins..

but in the flat greipel-cav sprints in my opinion he will have no chance this year.
but he really seemed to step up in his climbing
sagan knows no limits anyway

No doubt he does not have a big chance against Cav in flat sprints. Sometimes I just wonder how different would be his life, Tour race design if the guy was born in France not in Slovakia :). Probably some uphill sprints :rolleyes:

BNdlGrQCEAA6fiX.jpg

Jungels delivers the double in Luxembourg:

1 JUNGELS Bob RadioShack - Leopard 40 15 4:14:20
2 SCHLECHTER Pit Leopard - Trek Continental Team 30 10 0:44
3 DRUCKER Jean-Pierre Accent.jobs – Wanty 16 7 ,,
4 DIDIER Laurent RadioShack - Leopard 12 4 ,,
5 THILL Tom Leopard - Trek Continental Team 10 2 ,,
6 ZANGERLE Joel Leopard - Trek Continental Team 8 1 ,,
7 GASTAUER Ben AG2R La Mondiale 6 0:51
8 KIRSCH Alex Leopard - Trek Continental Team 3 1:01
9 HELMIG Christian Team Differdange - Losch 1:05
10 SCHLECK Andy RadioShack - Leopard 4:14