• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 528 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Rams dominated both battles in the trenches. Donald was a monster (15 pressures!) and made life hell for Murray, while the Cards front seven rarely got to Stafford. Cardinals O-Line had a ton of penalties too.
Murray threw a couple of terrible INTs + a few other very inaccurate passes, but kept his team alive with scrambles and crazy throws that only he and maybe Rodgers/Mahomes can do. Stafford was much better though, possibly his best game as a Ram.

All things considered, I was surprised to see the Cardinals still alive late in the 4th quarter. Kingsbury didn't make good use of those chances, but the team's potential is real.
When Murray is under the pump he sometimes tends to play hero ball, Mahomes also. Stafford had a better game than his recent ones and Rams have got their run game back on track. That top seed for the Cardinals not looking so good now although I don't know what their remaining schedule is I know one game is against the Hawks. If the Rams get Akers back before the playoffs that will be huge for them What a pick up James Conner has been for the Cardinals.

When Murray is under the pump he sometimes tends to play hero ball, Mahomes also. Stafford had a better game than his recent ones and Rams have got their run game back on track. That top seed for the Cardinals not looking so good now although I don't know what their remaining schedule is I know one game is against the Hawks. If the Rams get Akers back before the playoffs that will be huge for them What a pick up James Conner has been for the Cardinals.
Cardinals have the Colts and Seahwaks at home (where they are 3-3), plus they go to Detroit and Dallas.
Not looking good for the first seed, but hopefully they can still win the division.

Spoiler: I'm a Cardinals fan.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Cardinals have the Colts and Seahwaks at home (where they are 3-3), plus they go to Detroit and Dallas.
Not looking good for the first seed, but hopefully they can still win the division.

Spoiler: I'm a Cardinals fan.
Interesting. The 49ers have the Rams and the Titans and I heard that Henry might be back by January ! 49ers have the Falcons this week and also the Texans later. They probably have to win three to ensure a playoff spot and they have been unpredictable all season but at least they have Kittle back in form and healthy while the defense has been decent. The Colts are pretty good while the Seahawks are unpredictable.

Reactions: jmdirt
Rams dominated both battles in the trenches. Donald was a monster (15 pressures!) and made life hell for Murray, while the Cards front seven rarely got to Stafford. Cardinals O-Line had a ton of penalties too.
Murray threw a couple of terrible INTs + a few other very inaccurate passes, but kept his team alive with scrambles and crazy throws that only he and maybe Rodgers/Mahomes can do. Stafford was much better though, possibly his best game as a Ram.

All things considered, I was surprised to see the Cardinals still alive late in the 4th quarter. Kingsbury didn't make good use of those chances, but the team's potential is real.
One of the picks was a tipped ball, and the other was an amazing tip-to-self ball so I don't know if his picks were 'terrible', but he didn't seem too sharp for sure.

Reactions: movingtarget
Excluding the interceptions, though he did save both from becoming a pick 6, it honestly came down to the 4th and 2 that Hopkins dropped, the 4th and 1 that Conner didn’t get, and killing more time before kicking the field goal. Maybe a field goal would have been better or different playing calling. Hopkins usually doesn’t drop it but that defender was flying in towards the ball in his outstretched hands. Field goals are only 6 points, as it’s not guaranteed you score a touchdown on either drive, with the two together but you have to think that you spotted them a 17-21 point swing from the two turnovers. Then cover for later in case Rams get a field goal. And when it came down to it, that final drive all they could have needed was a field goal to win instead of a touchdown with 30 something seconds. Then they should have kicked the field goal sooner in order to have more time in case they did get the onside kick and to put less pressure on the team.

Not even going to mention the last play of the game. 95% of the players on the field didn’t even do anything since they thought it was a spike. When the ball was snapped, not a single receiver moved before seeing Kyler was not spiking it and none of the oline attempted to really block until they realized the whistle wasn’t being blown. Bad communication all around on top of their penalties the plays before.

That's an intense couple of days for mid week.
Browns are kinda screwed if they don't get at least some of their players back soon. Jags confirmed hiring Meyer was a mistake (which most people would have told you a few months ago already). Cards lead in the division might be at risk, considering their schedule.

Reactions: Nomad and jmdirt
What the heck was the owner thinking when they hired this stiff? I haven't looked at his contract but I'm sure he walks away with a lot of guarantee $$$. There probably isn't an easier job in the world right now than HC in the NFL. Big bucks for literally doing nothing when your assistants do all the heavy lifting. And when they get fired they usually get a gig as an OC/DC or go back to college ranks as an HC. Talk about guaranteed employment prospects. Lol.

What the heck was the owner thinking when they hired this stiff? I haven't looked at his contract but I'm sure he walks away with a lot of guarantee $$$. There probably isn't an easier job in the world right now than HC in the NFL. Big bucks for literally doing nothing when your assistants do all the heavy lifting. And when they get fired they usually get a gig as an OC/DC or go back to college ranks as an HC. Talk about guaranteed employment prospects. Lol.

I have no idea. I'm not sure any one has any idea why they hired him to begin with.

They thought he could bring college success to the NFL but didn’t realize the way he is a dictator doesn’t work in the NFL. It’s different in college when the players and staff can’t argue back or do anything, the players in the NFL don’t give a f, they’re grown adults and not going to put up with being degraded.

Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin
As much as I like the Charger going for it on fourth down and it stinks they had dropped touchdowns and one from a bad throw, 9 points is 9 points. Those points look even nicer going into overtime and Chiefs receiving the ball.

As much as I love the aggression that cost them the game with 12 points. Chiefs played well to hang in there with the Charger walking over them and Kelce and Hill with monster games and Mahomes getting a big scramble.

Last edited:
All they needed was one of those FGs.
I think the only one they should have went with 100% was the second after Hurbert missed the throw for a touchdown. At that point you have to call it in that they stopped you last time, you let 1 go away, and go into the half with a 4 point lead. KC defense played hard to stop them on fourth repeatedly.

And that decision almost certainly cost them the west.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin
Entertaining game.
Bad coaching by LAC.
-left 9 points on the field (OK, FGs aren't 100% so for sure left 6 points).
-should have called a timeout when the D was gassed on KC last drive (left two timeouts on the board).
KC 7 in a row. Rollin'!
Kansas are back, the early season up and downs are mostly gone. Get the feeling they are SB bound again although a match with the Patriots for the AFC could be a fascinating one. The NFC looks much more open at the moment. Kansas are going to be very hard to stop. Teams can't afford coaching errors against them and I think you always have to take the easy points against that offense. Just hope Covid doesn't interfere with the playoffs and its hitting a lot of sports at the moment.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
There was nobody that was not in shock from the Chargers self imposed implosion..and the age old football coaching rule...score when you can..was ignored. It's fortunate for all people currently watching the NFL, when the TV commentator says..@2 minutes is lots of time for..Rodgers,Brady,and last night Mahomes..lots of great plays from Chargers and Chiefs, ultimately 8+minutes of a tight end playing at 110% was the big difference.
Chargers were in the game also because of Mahomes throwing lots of bad passes