• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 232 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
Pricey_sky said:
Norman was not innocent but Beckham with a complete embarrassment. Lost his head as Panthers kept him out the game until the final few minutes. Delighted that he had to sulk off with a loss.

For my Panthers in a way I wouldn't mind a loss in the final 2 games, I think the pressure of an unbeaten season could take its toll, perhaps there was lots of complacency too. Good to see SuperCam come up with a play at the end to win us the game.
I guess the Panthers won't be giving SCam any time off. Unless they want to have a rash of notebook computer thefts going on in the Charlotte area.

But if he did resort to old habits at least he could use one of them to watch the Saints lose... Again! :D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Pricey_sky said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Pricey_sky said:
Norman was not innocent but Beckham with a complete embarrassment. Lost his head as Panthers kept him out the game until the final few minutes. Delighted that he had to sulk off with a loss.

For my Panthers in a way I wouldn't mind a loss in the final 2 games, I think the pressure of an unbeaten season could take its toll, perhaps there was lots of complacency too. Good to see SuperCam come up with a play at the end to win us the game.
I guess the Panthers won't be giving SCam any time off. Unless they want to have a rash of notebook computer thefts going on in the Charlotte area.

But if he did resort to old habits at least he could use one of them to watch the Saints lose... Again! :D
:D That was funny. I told myself and friends at the beginning of the season that we would be lucky to get 6 wins this year. So far they have not been able to get 6 so maybe I'm off by one game.

The Defense is so bad I would think everyone on that side of the ball should be prepared to make somewhere else home in the future.

Saints are going to do some serious housecleaning when the season is over. They already canned Rob Ryan. But the defense lacks real playmakers, and depth. So it wasn't just him, obviously. Tom Benson has been loyal to Sean Payton, and likely will be, but Sean's been there a long time, and there's a real chance he could move to a new job, either in Miami, or Dallas (if JJones fires Garret - "finally" in some people's eyes), though Sean won't take that job without some personnel power. Also, while he has played well, when hurt Drew Brees started to show his age. And was injured again last night. At 36 the clock is ticking.

One of the biggest games of the season is next Monday night, when the Bengals go to Denver. What makes this game huge are several factors. First, both teams have relatively easy home games to close out the season. SD for Denver, and Baltimore for Cincy. So the winner of this game will very likely secure the second seed, and a first round bye in the playoffs. Both teams could use it, but Cincy really needs it. For Denver, it's even more dire of a win overall. For if Kansas City, NJ Jets and Pittsburgh all win out, and Denver loses just this one game, they will be out of the playoffs entirely. Yes, you read that correctly. KC hosts the Browns and Raiders. The Steelers play at the Ravens and at the Browns. The Jets host the banged up Patriots, and play at Buffalo. Now, one would think the Jets would lose to the Patriots. But the Patriots only need to one of their two remaining games to have HFA. And there is a lot of indicators they are going to rest a plethora of players this coming week. Likely more than you can count on two hands. Put another way, all of these teams would finish 11-5, with the Broncos on the outside looking in.

So, if you're Gary Kubiak, and Peyton Manning is healthy enough to play, do you start him instead of Osweiller?

Now, the good news for the Broncos, is if they can get past Cincinnati (with AJ McCarron), and beat San Diego, they jump to the #2 seed, and get a bye. This is extra bad news for Cincy, as they'd get pushed to the Wildcard round, where they will either host Pittsburgh or Kansas City. Presuming both win out, these combined teams will have won 18 out of 19 games, with the only loss being the Steeles losing to Seattle. It would be almost destiny if this happens, the Bengals bring back Dalton a little too soon, and the Bengals lose in the first round in the playoffs, yet again.

(Breaking news: Carolina had ten players named to the Pro Bowl. SE, NE and AZ had seven, and Cincy five.)

If Beckham didn’t get ejected for that, then I assume nothing short of literally murdering one of the opposition players will get you thrown out. At least when a player makes a nasty, illegal hit on a play, it can be rationalized as trying to improve the chances of winning a game. When it happens well after the play is over, it’s just pure malice and idiocy.

The latest I heard is the Giants are claiming he was called a gay slur. Maybe, should be investigated, but it sounds like the team is just desperate to make his action look a little more understandable.

Dion Sanders, discussing it on one of the networks, showed a clip from his playing days when he got into it with an opposing player. Wow! I’ve seen very few boxing matches where more punches were thrown in a shorter span of time. You look at that clip, and you wonder why the refs didn’t call in the police to break it up.

In more inspiring NFL news, Newton became the second player in NFL history to throw for 300 yards and run for 100 yards in one game. The first? Russell Wilson, who stands alone as the only player to throw for at least three TDs with no picks in five straight games. In that stretch, he has 20 TD passes. To put that in perspective, that would be a pace not only to annihilate Manning’s single season record, but to do it with zero interceptions. And ten of those have gone to Baldwin in just four games, which ties another record, held by, among others, Montana and Rice. Pretty good company.

Anyone else realize that there is a very real possibility that Carolina could go 16-0, then lose their divisional game vs. the Seahawks? If SE is the first WC, they will play the NFC E winner, probably Washington or Philly. After winning that game (come on, Amster, it’s a surprising season, but let’s not lose our sense of perspective), SE would play CA assuming that MN is the second WC, and loses to GB.

At this point, I like NE's chances of making the SB (or being an anti-fan, I could say, I hate their chances, because their chances look so good). Denver and Cincy are both struggling at the QB position. Cincy beat a pitiful SF team fairly easily this Sunday, but it was sort of overlooked that their offense was really poor, they couldn’t sustain any drives, they scored mostly because numerous turnovers by the 49ers and poor special teams play repeatedly gave them the ball deep in Niner territory.

The Steelers are the trendy pick, they might have the best chance of any other team to knock off the Pats, but their explosive offense tends to obscure the fact that their defense is pretty poor. They're second to last in the NFL in passing yards, which could have Brady drooling, though to be fair, part of the reason for that is that they have a strong run defense that forces teams to throw more against them.

KC may be the best-balanced team--their scoring defense is actually as as good as Denver's, and their offense is top 10 in scoring--but they're built a lot like Alex Smith's previous team in SF, heavily dependent on the run and defense. Smith is very successful if he doesn't have to throw often or deep. Is that enough in the pass happy NFL? I haven't checked the exact WC rankings, but if Denver beats Cincy this Sunday, I think it's quite possible the Chiefs and Bengals would meet in the WC game. That would feature the two teams that have gone the longest without a postseason win, which means guaranteed heart-break for one of them.

Finally, Alpe, I know you’re a Raiders fan from way back. Surprised you didn’t mention that Charles Woodson is retiring, one of the rare defensive players who won an MVP (no one since, Watt of course the most likely to do so), also one of the rare players who won a Heisman and MVP and SB. Many feel he belongs in the discussion for greatest DB of all time.

Edit: My bad, Hitch is right, Woodson won Defensive Player of the Year once, was not MVP. Also interesting to note that he was the one who made that play on Brady that should have ended the Pats' first SB season. Very controversially, the play was ruled an incomplete pass rather than a fumble, and the Pats went on to win that game, and go all the way.

And this just in:

The NFL, which spent years criticizing researchers who warned about the dangers of football-related head trauma, has backed out of one of the most ambitious studies yet on the relationship between football and brain disease, sources familiar with the project told Outside the Lines.

The seven-year, $16 million initiative was to be funded out of a $30 million research grant the NFL gave the National Institutes of Health in 2012. The NFL has said repeatedly that it has no control over how that money is spent, but the league balked at this study, sources said, because the NIH awarded the project to a group led by Dr. Robert Stern, a prominent Boston University researcher who has been critical of the league.

In a news release announcing the study Tuesday morning, Boston University said the NIH would pay for the project but made no mention of the NFL. The study seeks to capture what has been described as the holy grail of concussion research: the ability to diagnose chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, in living patients.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/14417386/nfl-pulls-funding-boston-university-head-trauma-study-concerns-researcher

Thirty million dollars really is nothing for the NFL, but it's money that won't be available for some other researcher applying for NIH funding. A test for CTE in living patients would of course be huge, because it would mean that players at immediate risk could be identified, and steps taken at least to prevent further aggravation, and to prepare the player for the effects of the current level of degeneration.

And by the way, an increasing number of reports are now revealing that even very young men can suffer from CTE. A couple of weeks ago I saw a story about a 26 year old man who only played football in HS and college. A couple of years after graduating from college he began exhibiting increasingly bizarre, impulsive behavior, which everyone who knew him said was totally uncharacteristic of him (in fact, in his more lucid moments, he himself seemed to understand this). A long-term relationship in which he fathered a child fell apart, he had trouble holding a steady job, and he ended up committing suicide; like several other players, he had the presence of mind to shoot himself in the chest, so that his brain could be studied. That study would never have been done except that sister of the young man's mother saw a 60 minutes program on the subject, told her sister that this sounded like her son, and the mother had the post-mortem study done. It revealed extensive signs of CTE.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/how-football-pulled-the-trigger-zack-langstons-family-reflects-on-his-tragically-short-life

Woodson didn't win MVP (unless it was some other less recognized version). The only defensive player to win mvp is LT. Woodson is special though that he won the heisman (only defensive player recently?) and that he won the DPOY as a db (rare).

BTW, I know in the NFL its taboo to give anything but praise to teams that are "winning", but is it a coincidence that the most dominant team in both conferences just happens to be a team that is playing the NFC East and AFC South?

There's not a winning record between those 2 divisions. Aside from that Carolina don't have a winning team in their division either which means that only the road game to Seattle and the home game against a meh Green Bay team, proved any sort of challenge. 2 games out of 16 against non winning teams

In New England's case, they have a good team in their own division which means they have a slightly harder schedule (4 games against winning teams) and one could argue that those were more difficult matchups than what Carolina faced.

In 2013 Denver also topped their conference by playing the NFC East and AFC South, though both divisions were a bit better than they are today.

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
No surprise.

The surprise is Detroit flattening New Orleans. Well, maybe a surprise.

Now the Lions just need to lose to San Francisco and the Ravens will be guarenteed a top 5 pick. Or the Cowboys/Chargers get another win.

Been weird this year looking at the other end of the standings to see who gets the top picks.

Re:

The Hitch said:
Woodson didn't win MVP (unless it was some other less recognized version). The only defensive player to win mvp is LT. Woodson is special though that he won the heisman (only defensive player recently?) and that he won the DPOY as a db (rare).

BTW, I know in the NFL its taboo to give anything but praise to teams that are "winning", but is it a coincidence that the most dominant team in both conferences just happens to be a team that is playing the NFC East and AFC South?

There's not a winning record between those 2 divisions. Aside from that Carolina don't have a winning team in their division either which means that only the road game to Seattle and the home game against a meh Green Bay team, proved any sort of challenge. 2 games out of 16 against non winning teams

There are only 11 winning teams this year so all teams played less games against winning teams (and thus more against non winning teams). The number has generally been around 15-16 in previous years.

Of the great teams (teams I consider SB contenders: NE, CIN, DEN, PIT, KC, CAR, ARI, SEA) it is the Steelers that have played against every of these great teams but CAR. The Steelers have had 7 of these games while no other team has had more than 4.

I also think of KC as a great team. I wouldn't count them out to jump the Broncos and get a home game. Their 8 game winning streak has obviously been against inferior competition but their early season schedule was ridiculously hard. After weak 4 their opponents combined record was 13-3. I'll never forget cause I was very confident they actually were a good team (despite their 1-3 record) before their week 5 game against the Bears and put a lot of money on the Chiefs money line that game. THey were easily winning that one untill Charles tore his ACL. A sad day for me :p

Last factoid: if the Steelers don't get in these are the AFC QB's: Brady, McCarron, Osweiler, Weeden, Alex Smith and Fitzmagic &#128528

I was listening to the fill-in for Tiki this morning, and he suggested that there be only one on field official (to place the ball, get the info from upstairs, etc.) and the rest of the officiating be done from monitors. That's a more extreme version of something I suggested a few weeks ago, every play gets a quick review. Yes, hurry up offences could trump that some (very little), but for the most part the end result would be the correct call. He and I agree that its crazy that the TV viewers have multiple better views than the people determining the calls. As we all know, there is a penalty on every play (especially holding) so that would have to be addressed because obviously the officials on the monitors would see everyone of those, but the game would be destroyed if there was a flag on every play.

Hoyer will be back before then for Houston. Not that he's a name to shout about.

Good homework on your post about scheduling though. Analyzing strength of schedule is tough because it isn't easy to factor in things like injuries, weather conditions, bad bounces, dropped balls, etc. Even the other team's trends during that time. Even a 6-10 team can be hot during a few weeks of the season.

Speaking of dropped balls, when Denver's offense badly stalled after a 27-10 lead on Pittsburgh, fingers were pointed at Osweiller, but there were more than a couple dropped balls late in that game that hurt them. Demaryus Thomas dropped at least two that hit him right in the hands, and Vernon Davis got alligator arms on a crossing pattern on an easily catchable ball. The Broncos have stated that Osweiller still play against Cincinatti, and Manning is still inactive. However, if Osweiller stumbles, don't be surprised if we see ol' blood and guts Manning against the Chargers in one last career gasp.

Looks like Josh Norman got a fine too, but no suspension. I have to think after the charade the Panthers are even more motivated to not lose. And I'm sure they'd love to play the Giants again. Chris Wesseling of NFL.com tossed gasoline on the fire by using NextGen stats to show that Norman didn't shut down Beckam at all. The comments section had a lot to say, and a lot of bitter fans. Yep, plenty from the NY side.

While the Panthers really do belong on top of the power ranking heap, I still have to think they may meet their match in Seattle in the playoffs. It's just the match-ups and experience that makes me say that. Not an easy win, but I think they could contain Newton just enough, and their offense is playing quite well, both Wilson, and the OL run blocking. When Lynch is back in a week or two, this will add to it. Travel also often hurts teams going west to east during the playoffs. But the Seahawks will go to Washington or Philly most likely, then stay in the eastern time zone and head straight to Carolina.

Having said that, Arizona, or even Green Bay, at Carolina could be a fun shootout.

As noted, Bill Belicheck strongly hinted that many Patriots players would rest this week. If they're at all hurt, they won't play. That means Amendola, Chung, Hightower, Coleman, Edelman, McCourty, and maybe Brady and Gronk, could spend the game on the bench. BU TE Scott Chandler is also hurt. People think of offense, but the Patriots have one of the best secondaries in the NFL with three excellent DBs, and two of them are not likely to play much until the playoffs (Chung and McCourty, Butler is the third top DB. Though Ryan and McClain aren't bad).

Merckx - I'm in denial about Woodson, that's why no post about him. ;)

The bigger concern is that I'd say there's at least a 50% chance I won't have a team next year. I still think the most likely outcome for Los Angeles is that the Chargers and Raiders share a stadium. None of the teams seem to have a current stadium anywhere near in place, though Oakland has some sort of iffy plan of directing funds from land sales to the stadium, while not leaving taxpayers on the hook, which is a primary hurdle. But right now it's just an idea, and no one is really rushing to it.

The Chargers having had nothing but pipe dream plans, and are almost certainly moving to LA. But there is hope this might kick start the city to build a new stadium the way Baltimore and Cleveland did, and after losing the Chargers, they could end up with the loser of the Raiders/Rams move to LA.

The Rams have probably less of a deal than San Diego now, but may have the same long term dreams, and the governor says he's bullish on a team. Does that mean other than the Rams? Not willing to wait, and with land (and money to burn?) Rams owner Stan Kroenke has broke ground on his potential stadium in Los Angeles. Wait? A stadium? Well, right now he's just clearing the lot and getting it ready for whatever he puts there. Might ultimately be a shopping plaza.

http://www.mercurynews.com/athletics/ci_29115198/oakland-mayor-funds-from-coliseum-land-could-be

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/21/could-the-raiders-eventually-land-in-san-diego/

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-inglewood-nfl-stadium-20151221-story.html

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
While the Panthers really do belong on top of the power ranking heap, I still have to think they may meet their match in Seattle in the playoffs. It's just the match-ups and experience that makes me say that. Not an easy win, but I think they could contain Newton just enough, and their offense is playing quite well, both Wilson, and the OL run blocking. When Lynch is back in a week or two, this will add to it. ...
RE: Lynch: There are two scenarios with him; he could come back flyin' because he's rested, or he could be off because he hasn't played for so long. I depends on the reps he's taking in practice.

jmdirt said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
While the Panthers really do belong on top of the power ranking heap, I still have to think they may meet their match in Seattle in the playoffs. It's just the match-ups and experience that makes me say that. Not an easy win, but I think they could contain Newton just enough, and their offense is playing quite well, both Wilson, and the OL run blocking. When Lynch is back in a week or two, this will add to it. ...
RE: Lynch: There are two scenarios with him; he could come back flyin' because he's rested, or he could be off because he hasn't played for so long. I depends on the reps he's taking in practice.

Ordinarily I'd be very nervous about playing the Seahawks postseason especially after all the recent bad results for the Panthers, however this seasons win was a huge moment in the Panthers season. Not many expected them to go and win there. Scoring 2 TD's in the final minutes to win the game was special, especially as they were both 80-yard drives too. You could almost sense the belief radiating from this team after that game, that and ended the rotten bye-week curse too!

From what I'm reading out of the Hawks website, I'm not expecting Marshawn Lynch back anytime soon. Certainly not in a week. Seahawks.com writer John Boyle reports:
Pete Carroll said Monday, Lynch is back in the Bay Area working out with the people he usually trains with in the offseason, and when he’s ready to come back to practice—it won’t be this week, Carroll said—then we might be able to start talking about a timeline on Lynch.
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/1...till-angry-pearl-jam-concerts-and-more-week’s

Over the next 2 weeks Seattle does not need Lynch back anyway. That, plus their RB-by-committee (Christine Michael, Bryce Brown, and Fred Jackson, who had 0 carries and just 2 catches last week) are more than handling the load. Combined rushing, Michael and Brown had 127 yards on 25 carries for an average of 5.08 yards per carry. And most of that came from Michael, who was traded by Seattle to Dallas on Sept 6 for an undisclosed 2016 draft pick, waived by Dallas on Nov 17, signed to the Wash practice squad on Nov 19, then resigned off the Washington practice squad to the Seattle 53-man roster on Dec 16 when Seattle RB Thomas Rawls fractured his ankle.

That's quite a journey, and as Michael himself puts it, a very humbling one. One that has Michael completely refocused and under the wing of free safety Earl Thomas concerning how to approach this new, second opportunity at Seattle. Michael, a second round pick in 2013 by Seattle, has been compared to Adrian Peterson as being as explosive as AP (https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/476038931256180736?ref_src=twsrc^tfw). Having seen both AP's and Michael's 40, I-test, and bench numbers compared side by side, Michael had the better numbers in all 3 categories. While those are great numbers for Michael, numbers that had him in a certain I-Have-Arrived mindset before the Seattle trade to Dallas, the numbers alone don't tell the whole story as we all know. There's a fair amount of talk about what makes Michael a different player now versus before the trade. None of it has to do with off-field issues. The kid's a good kid. The speculation (not having originated from within the organization) is it came down to doing exactly what coach Cable wants and doing it consistently. The best summary I heard of Cable's requirements for a RB is that "Cable owns your first 5 steps up to the line of scrimmage. Only then is the RB free to improvise." Michael is starting to get it, and last week he was impressive.

52520Andrew said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
No surprise.

Now the Lions just need to lose to San Francisco and the Ravens will be guarenteed a top 5 pick. Or the Cowboys/Chargers get another win.

Been weird this year looking at the other end of the standings to see who gets the top picks.

Someone said that the 49ers vs Detroit will be this year's Toiletbowl ! The draft is always a bit of a lottery but some of these teams badly need some new talent so it will be important. There are quite a few teams on four wins for the season. I think the Browns and Detroit have three wins or does Detroit now have four ? 49ers will have plenty of money to spend. Whether Kaep and the coach stay is another matter.

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

movingtarget said:
52520Andrew said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
No surprise.

Someone said that the 49ers vs Detroit will be this year's Toiletbowl ! The draft is always a bit of a lottery but some of these teams badly need some new talent so it will be important. There are quite a few teams on four wins for the season. I think the Browns and Detroit have three wins or does Detroit now have four ? 49ers will have plenty of money to spend. Whether Kaep and the coach stay is another matter.

Browns Ravens is the game that decided the #1 pick, I'll go with that one although Detroit San Fran isn't much better.

No time to post.

Great seeing the Raiders win at home. Hopefully not the last game ever in Oakland. That guy flipping the bird to the world was hilarious.

Some quick picks and thoughts.

CHI@TB - After this Bucs get Panthers.
CLE@KC - Defense too much for Manziel, but this could be close.
NE@NYJ - Jets need to win, Pats don't.
CAR@ATL - Panthers roll to 15-0.
STL@SEA - Not really revenge, but Seahawks roll.
GB@ARI - Going against the grain. The Pack almost need to win, Arizona does not at all.
CIN@DEN - This is a tough call for me, but do or die for Broncos, and McCarron against their D seals my pick.

Peyton Manning's troubles just got even worse:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--hgh--other-drugs-were-shipped-to-peyton-manning-s-wife-025038551.html

A new report says that HGH and other drugs were shipped to him, under his wife's name, so that the records couldn't be traced to him (like tracing to his wife isn't good enough)? This started in 2011, when he was undergoing neck surgery.

According to “The Dark Side,” an undercover investigation of performance-enhancing drugs in sports, pharmacist Charlie Sly, who worked at the Guyer Institute, the Indiana-based anti-aging clinic...alleges the clinic sent growth hormone and other drugs to Ashley Manning, Manning’s wife, so that there could never be a connection to Peyton. On an undercover video, Sly said the Mannings also came to the clinic after normal business hours for intravenous treatments.

“All the time we would be sending Ashley Manning drugs,” Sly says in the video. “Like growth hormone, all the time, everywhere, Florida. And it would never be under Peyton’s name, it would always be under her name.”

He not only could see himself on the bench in his last year, but with a drug case hanging over his head. I guess the good news is if he retires after this season, he won't lose any playing time, but this sure isn't going to help his legacy. Looks a lot worse than deflating footballs.

I see possibly an Andy Pettitte-type of defense here, "I only used PEDs that one time to recover faster from an injury."

Edit: Manning has categorically denied the allegations, and now it seems that Charlie Sly has denied that he made the allegations attributed to him in the Al Jazerra report.

Meanwhile, Amster must be celebrating, as Washington is well on its way to a win and the NFC E title. The Wizards and Caps also won, which means it's the first time in 32 years that these three Washington pro sports teams won on the same day.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
No time to post.

Great seeing the Raiders win at home. Hopefully not the last game ever in Oakland. That guy flipping the bird to the world was hilarious.

Some quick picks and thoughts.

CHI@TB - After this Bucs get Panthers.
CLE@KC - Defense too much for Manziel, but this could be close.
NE@NYJ - Jets need to win, Pats don't.
CAR@ATL - Panthers roll to 15-0.
STL@SEA - Not really revenge, but Seahawks roll.
GB@ARI - Going against the grain. The Pack almost need to win, Arizona does not at all.
CIN@DEN - This is a tough call for me, but do or die for Broncos, and McCarron against their D seals my pick.

Now why didn't you pick tonight's game? :p

I'm almost feeling good, 21 up with 6 and change to play......

Merckx index said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--hgh--other-drugs-were-shipped-to-peyton-manning-s-wife-025038551.html

A new report says that HGH and other drugs were shipped to him, under his wife's name, so that the records couldn't be traced to him (like tracing to his wife isn't good enough)? This started in 2011, when he was undergoing neck surgery.

According to “The Dark Side,” an undercover investigation of performance-enhancing drugs in sports, pharmacist Charlie Sly, who worked at the Guyer Institute, the Indiana-based anti-aging clinic...alleges the clinic sent growth hormone and other drugs to Ashley Manning, Manning’s wife, so that there could never be a connection to Peyton. On an undercover video, Sly said the Mannings also came to the clinic after normal business hours for intravenous treatments.

“All the time we would be sending Ashley Manning drugs,” Sly says in the video. “Like growth hormone, all the time, everywhere, Florida. And it would never be under Peyton’s name, it would always be under her name.”

He not only could see himself on the bench in his last year, but with a drug case hanging over his head. I guess the good news is if he retires after this season, he won't lose any playing time, but this sure isn't going to help his legacy. Looks a lot worse than deflating footballs.

I see possibly an Andy Pettitte-type of defense here, "I only used PEDs that one time to recover faster from an injury."

Edit: Manning has categorically denied the allegations, and now it seems that Charlie Sly has denied that he made the allegations attributed to him in the Al Jazerra report.

Meanwhile, Amster must be celebrating, as Washington is well on its way to a win and the NFC E title. The Wizards and Caps also won, which means it's the first time in 32 years that these three Washington pro sports teams won on the same day.
Sly didn't deny listing several pro athletes, but he said he was using prominent names like Manning to yank the "undercover reporter's" chain. There are a lot of problems with a situation like this. First, AJ is trash, but it only takes a few people to take their bait and spread their BS across the www. Second, trash makes a splash, but the retraction is nearly invisible. Third, where is the story about the other athletes that Sly tossed out? Four, why would he use this clinic when he has much better resources readily available to him? Plus, he wasn't playing during that time so who cares what he was using to rehab after surgery? Shouldn't he be able to use everything available to him just like you and I would be able to?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
NE @ NYJ - Pats don't have to win, Jets do.
HOU @ TEN - Too much suck in Tennessee.
CLE @ KC - Home banker.
IND @ MIA - Hate both these teams, never get them right - home win.
SF @ DET - Home banker.
DAL @ BUF - Home banker
CHI @ TB - Buccs
CAR @ ATL - Away banker.
PIT @ BAL - Another away banker.
JAX @ NO - No idea. Hell, home win.
GB @ ARI - Cards to prevail at home.
NYG @ MIN - Home banker
CIN @ DEN - Home edge, just. Maybe.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Merckx index said:

Nice way to JUMP to a conclusion. You was already planning the foreheads defense.
Al Jazerra might end up changing that story since the source seems to be saying it was not the forehead.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Amsterhammer said:
NE @ NYJ - Pats don't have to win, Jets do.
HOU @ TEN - Too much suck in Tennessee.
CLE @ KC - Home banker.
IND @ MIA - Hate both these teams, never get them right - home win.
SF @ DET - Home banker.
DAL @ BUF - Home banker
CHI @ TB - Buccs
CAR @ ATL - Away banker.
PIT @ BAL - Another away banker.
JAX @ NO - No idea. Hell, home win.
GB @ ARI - Cards to prevail at home.
NYG @ MIN - Home banker
CIN @ DEN - Home edge, just. Maybe.
Nice to see Washington Redskins win the division.

Hey Alpe and I forget who else ......What happened to the cowboys making a run? LMAO :D

Maybe next year Botox face (Jerry Jones).

TRENDING THREADS