• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 341 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Archibald said:
movingtarget said:
Glad to see the Vikings progress.
damn, talk about cutting it fine!
but what the hell was that attempted tackle on Diggs??

I didn't see the game but saw this on the highlights. It was really weird. I don't fully understand the rules on when they can hit a player and when they can't. It almost looked like the defender arrived too early, couldn't hit him blindside in the air so decided to get out the way and hope someone else was there to tidy up. That or he was trying to get the receiver to land on him and totally misjudged it.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

King Boonen said:
Archibald said:
movingtarget said:
Glad to see the Vikings progress.
damn, talk about cutting it fine!
but what the hell was that attempted tackle on Diggs??

I didn't see the game but saw this on the highlights. It was really weird. I don't fully understand the rules on when they can hit a player and when they can't. It almost looked like the defender arrived too early, couldn't hit him blindside in the air so decided to get out the way and hope someone else was there to tidy up. That or he was trying to get the receiver to land on him and totally misjudged it.

Hitting the receiver early would have drawn a foul but the Saints may still have won the game the Vikings woulda had time for one play a long range field goal

Agree the defender arrived too early then compounded the error by putting his head right down so he couldn't see the player he was trying to tackle

Crazy end to the game. Jags v Steelers was also a great game

Incredible finish. Saints nor their fans should blame Williams. Games aren't won and lost on one play, and this is a team sport. He played a great game, even season, up to that point.

I imagine the NFC game will be a close, low scoring affair. In the AFC, I can't see Belicheck not having a plan to eventually figure out how to get through and beat the Jags.

that vikings TD :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had been going for them and was so close to just switching it off thinking the saints were going to win, those last couple of vikings plays before the TD were anything but convincing, it just seemed like it was going to be such a meek end to a brave season - and then.....

I bet there were quite a few fans that missed the TD because they tried to beat the traffic.

Re:

leftover pie said:

I had been going for them and was so close to just switching it off thinking the saints were going to win, those last couple of vikings plays before the TD were anything but convincing, it just seemed like it was going to be such a meek end to a brave season - and then.....

I bet there were quite a few fans that missed the TD because they tried to beat the traffic.
Haha. Saints coach Sean Peyton probably missed the TD too, seeing as how his back was turned to the field, facing Vikes fans, while mocking their SKOL chant (tho prolly not at the exact moment Diggs scored)! What a giant "L" Sean is. Karma baby. SKOL that!

on3m@n@rmy said:
leftover pie said:

Haha. Saints coach Sean Peyton probably missed the TD too, seeing as how his back was turned to the field, facing Vikes fans, while mocking their SKOL chant (tho prolly not at the exact moment Diggs scored)! What a giant "L" Sean is. Karma baby. SKOL that!

And the skolling and trolling continued into the night...............

Nomad said:
This isn't sounding too good right now. Maybe it's nothing and TB will be good to go by Sunday. Otherwise you'd hate to see the Patriots chances hinge on Hoyer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-bradys-hand-injury-mystery-patriots-playoff-game-2018-1

Others have said it's probably fake new s but if it's not, the Patriots are done even if Hoyer plays half a game. I watched every game he played for the 49ers this season and he's a back up and not even a very good one. He was replaced with rookie who won one game and then Garoppalo arrived and they haven't lost a game since. Hoyer's win record with the 49ers..........zippo. I'm surprised the Patriots picked him up but they probably had no choice after trading Garoppolo when they did.

repre said:
Nomad said:
This isn't sounding too good right now. Maybe it's nothing and TB will be good to go by Sunday. Otherwise you'd hate to see the Patriots chances hinge on Hoyer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-bradys-hand-injury-mystery-patriots-playoff-game-2018-1
hah, that's classic patriots thing. Brady has no injury, they just trying to make opposing DC do two game plans against two different QBs. Belichick being Belichick - king of marginal gains in NFL.
That was my first though too, ts a mind game for the JAX D.

When asked if TB is a game time decision, BB responded: "today is Friday". :lol:

EDIT: Marrone about TB's hand: "I'm sure he could probably throw left-handed if he has a problem with his right hand and throw just as well," Marrone told reporters on Thursday morning."

Apparently he was cut on this right thumb and required stitches (maybe just 1). "Questionable"? Yeah, right. If Brady can stand, and throw a football 10 yards, he'll play.

But I agree with you guys, as much as anything this will get used to distract the Jaguars, especially their stellar defense. Even if Doug Marrone, Todd Walsh, and Tom Coughlin are telling the entire Jags staff and players to completely ignore the report, that Brady is likely barely hurt, and to just prepare like normal, if this can get into one single player's head, on one single play, Belicheck has succeeded.

So much excitement about the upcoming draft, I think because it's loaded with potential starting QB's. You have to go back to 2012 to see such a field. That was the year that 4 QB's were taken in the first round. Luck, RG3, Tannehill, and Weeden. But that's also the season Russell Wilson, Brock Osweiller, Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles were drafted. Kellen Moore and Case Keenum also came out that year, but went undrafted. And that's quite the story in itself, all those QBs with stacked talent, and look at which two are in the NFC championship?

Did anyone hear the story Tony Dungee told last week about coaching a road game against the Eagles his first season in TB? He said a player on the team who was very quiet told him he was from Philly and wanted to address the team. He stood up and said that this was an extremely hostile place to be, and to tell their families and friends attending to not wear any Bucs stuff, nothing red even. Tony thought it may have been overkill. But as they were coming out onto the field one fan yelled really loud at Warren Sapp, "Hey fatso! We only allow one player per jersey here, get that other player out of there!". Even Sapp had to chuckle at that one.

Jon Gruden's press conference for the Raiders was downright inspiring. He said he never wanted to leave Oakland, had huge respect and admiration for the organization, former players, and Raider Nation fans, was 100% all in on returning, and felt he had unfinished business to take care of. Amusing shirts out there:

il_340x270.1394844926_bnzd.jpg

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Apparently he was cut on this right thumb and required stitches (maybe just 1). "Questionable"? Yeah, right. If Brady can stand, and throw a football 10 yards, he'll play.

But I agree with you guys, as much as anything this will get used to distract the Jaguars, especially their stellar defense. Even if Doug Marrone, Todd Walsh, and Tom Coughlin are telling the entire Jags staff and players to completely ignore the report, that Brady is likely barely hurt, and to just prepare like normal, if this can get into one single player's head, on one single play, Belicheck has succeeded.

So much excitement about the upcoming draft, I think because it's loaded with potential starting QB's. You have to go back to 2012 to see such a field. That was the year that 4 QB's were taken in the first round. Luck, RG3, Tannehill, and Weeden. But that's also the season Russell Wilson, Brock Osweiller, Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles were drafted. Kellen Moore and Case Keenum also came out that year, but went undrafted. And that's quite the story in itself, all those QBs with stacked talent, and look at which two are in the NFC championship?

Did anyone hear the story Tony Dungee told last week about coaching a road game against the Eagles his first season in TB? He said a player on the team who was very quiet told him he was from Philly and wanted to address the team. He stood up and said that this was an extremely hostile place to be, and to tell their families and friends attending to not wear any Bucs stuff, nothing red even. Tony thought it may have been overkill. But as they were coming out onto the field one fan yelled really loud at Warren Sapp, "Hey fatso! We only allow one player per jersey here, get that other player out of there!". Even Sapp had to chuckle at that one.

Jon Gruden's press conference for the Raiders was downright inspiring. He said he never wanted to leave Oakland, had huge respect and admiration for the organization, former players, and Raider Nation fans, was 100% all in on returning, and felt he had unfinished business to take care of. Amusing shirts out there:

il_340x270.1394844926_bnzd.jpg
That breakdown is exactly why the Brown should try to get an established QB (Cousins, Smith, Bradford...) because their odds of getting a good one in the 1st round are slim, and their odds of getting a diamond out of the later rounds (or undrafted) is even slimmer.

I really hope that Luck can make a full recovery, but I have some doubts.

Note: if you didn't see the news, Moore is the DAL QB coach now. Mentally he is one of the best QBs in the game, but physically he is not, so this is a great move for him.

I'm going to get a Chucky shirt! :)

So do I get this right:
Sam Bradford was drafted by the St.Louis Rams in 2010 but in 2015 he was traded to the Eagles. The Rams got Nick Foles in return, while Case Keenum went from Houston to the Rams as a backup for Foles. Neither Foles nor Bradford were very successful with their new team, which is why the Eagles drafted Carson Wentz while the Rams drafted Jared Goff. After Vikings qb Teddy Bridgewater got injured they traded for Sam Bradford, which is why the Eagles needed a new backup, Nick Foles. Although the Rams drafted Jared Goff, case Keenum got the chance to start a few games, but disappointed. He therefore also went to the Vikings to be Bradfords backup. Then this year both Bradford and Wentz got injured which meant that Keenum and Foles suddenly became starters of their new team and they'll meet again at the freakin NFC championship. This whole story is so absurdly strange :D