• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 372 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wonder how those guys that take a lot of hits (and must know in the back of their minds that long term brain damage is on the table for them in later life) feel about their team owners overlooking Kaepernick for some of these back-ups that you know were never good enough to be 1st string.

It would be disheartening to know that they're bringing in a QB that barring a miracle they'll be lucky to be anything more than competitive.

Believe it or not, it's week 14, and the season is winding down, while numerous teams are still mathematically still alive (even Arizona at 3-9!), that will change with this week. No teams are on a bye anymore either.

NYJ@BUF - Going to stick with the Bills and Allen at home.
NYG@WAS - Only went with the home team, and Peterson back at full strength.
NO@TB - Bit of a revenge game for the well rested Saints.
NE@MIA - Pats historically challenged in Miami, but I went with the better team.
BAL@KC - Flacco not likely to play, but that's not a bad thing, the Ravens need the dynamic Jackson here, expect a wild game.
IND@HOU Texans keep rolling.
ATL@GB - Really hard game to predict. Who knows how the Packers will respond? However, their secondary is completely banged up, while the Falcons are somewhat healing on defense, specifically Deion Jones.
CAR@CLE - Last week's sting was a good lesson for Browns, now back home.
DEN@SF - My upset pick. Why? I think the Broncos are riding too high, they are missing a handful of defensive players, and the Niners have a solid defense.
CIN@LAC Chargers keep rolling.
DET@ARI - Ignore the win over the Packers.
PIT@OAK - Once a great rivalry, now a doormat for the Steelers.
PHI@DAL - Another upset pick of sorts. My personal feeling is that the Eagles are starting to come together, and the Cowboys are solid but have vulnerability.
LAR@CHI - Trubisky is back for the Bears, at home, stinging after last week's loss. Sub freezing Chicago temps.

MIN@SEA - Seahawks continue to quietly win.

To those of us who lived in NYC. .suffered through how handsome. .completely cool Sanchez was as the Jets new Joe Namoth.including that fur coat wearing
NYT mag cover..the guy couldn't and can't play football at an NFL level. .good looking. .great dancer. .easy on the eyes for ladies. .absolutely. .QB ..no chance. .Colin is better playing padless in street clothes than Sanchez could imagine

Re:

Unchained said:
To those of us who lived in NYC. .suffered through how handsome. .completely cool Sanchez was as the Jets new Joe Namoth.including that fur coat wearing
NYT mag cover..the guy couldn't and can't play football at an NFL level. .good looking. .great dancer. .easy on the eyes for ladies. .absolutely. .QB ..no chance. .Colin is better playing padless in street clothes than Sanchez could imagine
Boy, you're right there. I didn't expect Washington's defense to collapse the way they have, but Sanchez is just spectacularly bad! Nate Peterman bad. Maybe worse than Nate actually.

Makes you realize just how good Alex Smith was, his stability and leadership were grossly underrated, even by people like me, who generally supported him.

Re:

Unchained said:

You're right about Sanchez. However, I'd take him over Tebow any day. Yeah, Colin is definitely the better option. I'm also trying to figure out why they signed Johnson of TJ Yates as well.

Did you all see the final play of the Miami-NE game? That was crazy.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Believe it or not, it's week 14, and the season is winding down, while numerous teams are still mathematically still alive (even Arizona at 3-9!), that will change with this week. No teams are on a bye anymore either.

MIN@SEA - Seahawks continue to quietly win.
I'll pick SEA also to win, but it won't be easy: 1) MIN has a really strong front 4 D-Linemen, 2) SEA starting RG (Fluker) is out, and 3) the game plan by Seattle's Shottenheimer could be iffy. Regarding the Seattle's offensive game plan, that could make this a very interesting game. Shotty likes to establish the run, which could be difficult against the Vikes front 4. Last week, the Pats used the passing game to neutralize the MIN front 4, got the lead, then used the run game to close it out for their win against the visiting Vikes. So, will Shotty use that as a blueprint to beat the Vikes? Or will he stick to the plan to establish the run first? Those are my questions. But while mauling guard Fluker is out, backup Simmons has been solid. So, well see.

Dolphins are my favorite team while the Patriots are my second favorite. That ending was insane. I'm happy for the dolphins that it increases their playoff chances while sad about the pats losing their grip. I hope they both win their last games. If only the dolphins didn't choke against Colts and Bengels.

Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
Dolphins are my favorite team while the Patriots are my second favorite. That ending was insane. I'm happy for the dolphins that it increases their playoff chances while sad about the pats losing their grip. I hope they both win their last games. If only the dolphins didn't choke against Colts and Bengels.
You got that right - that last play was INSANE! Even the announcer said after the catch and lateral; "this will end it." It ain't over until it's over - this is why we watch the game.

https://youtu.be/t7XDAN_mox4

Re: Re:

Nomad said:
SHAD0W93 said:
You got that right - that last play was INSANE! Even the announcer said after the catch and lateral; "this will end it." It ain't over until it's over - this is why we watch the game.

That final Fins play to win it was exciting, shocking, cool, unbelievable, outstanding... just to name a few adjectives. I have to say though, the Achilles heel for the Pats on that play was using Gronkowski as a defender, using his height to guard against the Hail Mary. As it turned out, Gronk was just too slow to catch anyone on the run.

What's up with Carolina?

on3m@n@rmy said:
Nomad said:
SHAD0W93 said:

That final Fins play to win it was exciting, shocking, cool, unbelievable, outstanding... just to name a few adjectives. I have to say though, the Achilles heel for the Pats on that play was using Gronkowski as a defender, using his height to guard against the Hail Mary. As it turned out, Gronk was just too slow to catch anyone on the run.

What's up with Carolina?

That was an amazing play to state the bleeding obvious. Carolina seems to have hit the wall. Don't know what to make of the Steelers.

Re:

jmdirt said:
Has anyone else been getting fishing pop-up windows on the forum? Hopefully the IT crew can flush them out.

IMO, lots of sloppy football this weekend, but still mostly entertaining.
I'm not getting pop-ups of any kind. I am using Google Chrome with Adblock, which was blocking 11 sites while logged into the Forum and 6 sites while in the post editor. I'd be curious if you are using Chrome and Adblock, and if so something else is going on.
Edit: Note that the Cyclingnews homepage will not let devices using Adblock view that homepage. Their IT guys make you stop/pause adblock. But the Forum has no restriction on Adblock usage. So on my primary device I do not visit the CN homepage or other CN sites anymore, except for the Forum. I get the same Adblock request on other non-CN sites, but for my internet travels those are few and far between and most are what I'd call trusted sites. Sorry CN.

on3m@n@rmy said:
Raiders fire GM Reggie McKenzie.
Not sure what that means for Gruden going forward.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...mckenzie-fired-after-6-plus-seasons-with-team

Raiders probably a step behind the 49ers at the moment as far as the future goes. While the Cardinals will be next for the makeover and maybe the Packers. Rams and Seattle look relatively stable in comparison as far as the NFC West goes. Browns are finally making inroads and the Giants have turned their season around. Bengals and Carolina hit the wall and Washington was crippled by Smith's injury. Texans and Colts have done better than I expected. Jags have been awful.

on3m@n@rmy said:
jmdirt said:
Has anyone else been getting fishing pop-up windows on the forum? Hopefully the IT crew can flush them out.

IMO, lots of sloppy football this weekend, but still mostly entertaining.
I'm not getting pop-ups of any kind. I am using Google Chrome with Adblock, which was blocking 11 sites while logged into the Forum and 6 sites while in the post editor. I'd be curious if you are using Chrome and Adblock, and if so something else is going on.
Edit: Note that the Cyclingnews homepage will not let devices using Adblock view that homepage. Their IT guys make you stop/pause adblock. But the Forum has no restriction on Adblock usage. So on my primary device I do not visit the CN homepage or other CN sites anymore, except for the Forum. I get the same Adblock request on other non-CN sites, but for my internet travels those are few and far between and most are what I'd call trusted sites. Sorry CN.
Chrome, but no adblock. The last time it happened, it tarted to take me to a new window, but I was able to get out and then ran malwarebites and avast.

on3m@n@rmy said:
Raiders fire GM Reggie McKenzie.
Not sure what that means for Gruden going forward.
It means more power for him as far as personnel decisions, and more pressure.

Not to be outdone, the Vikings fired John DeFillipo, which is a little surprising considering he was once considered a rising star. Plus Adam Theilin said it wasn't him, but the players who weren't executing with consistency. But the team couldn't handle the way they lost to Seattle being the last straw on a disappointing season.

If you ask me, the Seahawks look plenty good now, like, we could see a deep playoff run from them. They are built to run, have a stout defense, and an experienced QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000998746/article/vikings-fire-offensive-coordinator-john-defilippo

Now for some good news, Derek Newton, an excellent OT who suffered what seemed to be a career ending knee injury for the Texans two years ago, passed his physical and has signed with the Saints.

TRENDING THREADS