• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 462 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Maybe they thought they were playing NE at home instead of away. I don't know how much the stadium holds but as long as like 3 or 4 chairs away on all sides for non-groups and masks they could be okay, They defiantly need to disinfect before and after the game so hopefully enough staff. Here in Vegas stores have started slacking heavily on disinfecting between individuals. I would think no or very limited concession stand usage. Maybe allow people to bring in small foods and drinks, nothing crazy.

Maybe they thought they were playing NE at home instead of away. I don't know how much the stadium holds but as long as like 3 or 4 chairs away on all sides for non-groups and masks they could be okay, They defiantly need to disinfect before and after the game so hopefully enough staff. Here in Vegas stores have started slacking heavily on disinfecting between individuals. I would think no or very limited concession stand usage. Maybe allow people to bring in small foods and drinks, nothing crazy.
Big stadium, I think it will be only 20 % full...........still..........

Likely around 60,000 to 65,000.

You are talking about Floridians behaving in a non-risky way in groups? Seeing the KC fans ignoring protocol at a practice doesn't provide a lot of hope.

Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin
Well...at least they get some fans. Here in Denver for the big opener on MNF against the Titans we get a big fat 0! And if any team benefits a lot from homefield advantage it's the Broncos between the altitude & crowd noise (at least we still have the altitude. Lol).

On various lists, the Broncos are considered to be in the top 10 for most difficult venues to play at due to crowd noise with CenturyLink #1 (that might cost Seattle a couple of wins?).

10 days. I'm happy TB vs NO is in the time slot it is so I can watch as long as Vegas is shown the coverage.
If Brady plays well they're allowed to lose but TB might be underrated. Brady has been practicing a ton with his team. I wish I had half his work ethic.
I'm also not happy I'm stuck with the RIder games.

Reactions: jmdirt
HOFer Michael Irvin described his bout with COVID as "three weeks of hell".

Though he’s faced numerous brutal injuries in his playing career — he tore his ACL once and even suffered a herniated disc that left him temporarily paralyzed — the coronavirus was a far worse experience.
“I pray for anybody who has it, I really do,” Irvin said on the show. “The headache, I said to myself, honestly I’m not lying, I wanted out of here. I was like, ‘Man, there’s no way I can even endure this.’ The only thing I kept saying is, ‘You’ve only got two weeks of it. Two weeks. Two weeks.’
“I pray for all the people that have those migraines, because it’s severe like a migraine, and they have it all the time. That would be the hardest thing in the world to live with, because I just went through it. It was the hardest thing in the world I’ve ever dealt with.”

Rumor has it Clay Mathews is circling Seattle....again.
Not sure I like that possibility that much. Depth / rotational guy I guess.

Seattle did resign Josh Gordon to return once he's reinstated. https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ected-to-sign-seahawks-contract-if-reinstated

Saints are pushing to sign Clowney, but with only $7M cap room must restructure contracts of other players to create some cap space for Clowney. Maybe Saints are taking TB more seriously now with Brady & Fournette in the backfield.

• Wow
Reactions: jmdirt
Not sure I like that possibility that much. Depth / rotational guy I guess.

Seattle did resign Josh Gordon to return once he's reinstated. https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ected-to-sign-seahawks-contract-if-reinstated

Saints are pushing to sign Clowney, but with only $7M cap room must restructure contracts of other players to create some cap space for Clowney. Maybe Saints are taking TB more seriously now with Brady & Fournette in the backfield.
That is good for Gordon as long as he doesn't do any heavy stuff. If the Saints staff really underestimated Tampa Bay during the off-season that is their own fault.

I'm in two minds about the Buccs. it seems many in the media are the same although more favourable than not. Making the playoffs or just missing out would not surprise me. I just get the feeling that some teams that were hyped last season and didn't do well like the Browns might pick themselves up this season. I still favour the 49ers in the NFC along with Seattle. The Cowboys I guess have to put it together some time but I wouldn't put money on it ! I think GB had their chance last season and the Saints don't convince me too much. In the AFC I think Kansas again with the Ravens, the Titans I'm not sure about even though they hit the playoffs in good form last season. The Ravens need to start converting some playoff wins. The Colts might be an interesting one also, possibly one of the big improvers. As for the Patriots never say never but I don't see them going too far this season.

Reactions: on3m@n@rmy
53 man roster cuts have been made to meet the 4p.m. Saturday deadline. Quite a few QB hopefuls were let go, along w with some surprises. https://www.nfl.com/_amp/player-cut...ampaign=Twitter_atn&__twitter_impression=true

SURPRISES-
Mohamed Sanu (NE, acquired from ATL last season for 2nd round pick, but had off season ankle surgery). His early release gives him more time to find a new team, but also hints NE has no plans to resign him. He was due to make $6.5M for NE this year. For that cash his stats last year were underwhelming (26 receptions, 207 yards and a TD). Maybe his release should not be surprising after all.
Fournette (cut by JAX, lands in Tampa), but all that happened well before the deadline.
I was a bit surprised Seattle brought back Paul Richardson (last week I think) only to cut him.

QBs - Other than Rosen, mostly there are no big surprises:
MIA Josh Rosen, PIT Paxton Lynch, INDY Chad Kelly (nephew of Jim Kelly), JAX Mike Glennon, TEN Trevor Siemian, DEN Brett Rypien (Boise State & son of former NFL QB Mark), VIKS Jake Browning (2019 UDFA from WA Huskies), SEA Anthony Gordon (2nd last season in NCAA passing from Wash State).

53 man roster cuts have been made to meet the 4p.m. Saturday deadline. Quite a few QB hopefuls were let go, along w with some surprises. https://www.nfl.com/_amp/player-cut...ampaign=Twitter_atn&__twitter_impression=true

SURPRISES-
Mohamed Sanu (NE, acquired from ATL last season for 2nd round pick, but had off season ankle surgery). His early release gives him more time to find a new team, but also hints NE has no plans to resign him. He was due to make $6.5M for NE this year. For that cash his stats last year were underwhelming (26 receptions, 207 yards and a TD). Maybe his release should not be surprising after all.
Fournette (cut by JAX, lands in Tampa), but all that happened well before the deadline.
I was a bit surprised Seattle brought back Paul Richardson (last week I think) only to cut him.

MIA Josh Rosen, PIT Paxton Lynch, INDY Chad Kelly (nephew of Jim Kelly), JAX Mike Glennon, TEN Trevor Siemian, DEN Brett Rypien (Boise State & son of former NFL QB Mark), VIKS Jake Browning (2019 UDFA from WA Huskies), SEA Anthony Gordon (2nd last season in NCAA passing from Wash State).

I think the writing was on the wall for Sanu last year. He wasn't making blocks when he could have or fighting for first downs. I forget which game but on either a 3rd or 4th he had a 1st down but didn't fight for it, had position and everything.

Rosen probably knew his time was up after the draft.

Rypien has been signed to the practice squad. He was unable to beat out Jeff Driskel, who will be the backup. One thing that hurt Rypien was the loss of OC Rich Scangarello who was replaced by Pat Shurmur. Scangarello was a big supporter of Rypien and liked the way he fit in with his offensive scheme. But Shurmur is running a different scheme that he feels better suits Driskel (for now anyway).

Reactions: on3m@n@rmy

TRENDING THREADS