• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 470 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bears offense looked bad early. Brady had a couple of misses, one could have led to a TD. One horrible throw from Foles certainly cost them a TD when the Bears WR was in the clear.
20-19 Bears. Their defense was on point with the Bucs having plenty of opportunities to win regardless of refs. The injuries keep piling up for teams.
Bears at 4-1 sitting in a good position for wild card or the north. Foles should theoretically get better as he plays more.

I saw a rumor that the Titans and players would receive a heavy fine but only one article reported it. It makes you wonder how far it's actually spread. With abother thought, I know that the NFL banned jersey swapping but I don't know if they said anything about the handshakes and talking to each other. That could cause it to jump teams and keep spreading.

Last edited:
20-19 Bears. Their defense was on point with the Bucs having plenty of opportunities to win regardless of refs. The injuries keep piling up for teams.
Bears at 4-1 sitting in a good position for wild card or the north. Foles should theoretically get better as he plays more.

I saw a rumor that the Titans and players would receive a heavy fine but only one article reported it. It makes you wonder how far it's actually spread. With abother thought, I know that the NFL banned jersey swapping but I don't know if they said anything about the handshakes and talking to each other. That could cause it to jump teams and keep spreading.
Bears almost blew it late by continuing to throw the ball. Announcers couldn't understand it neither could I. Luckily the Bears defense made plays to stop the Buccs getting into field goal range. Usually 85 seconds is more than enough for Brady and he got confused on the last play and only seemed to think it was third down ! Arians didn't seem too happy with the performance overall.

I have noticed at the end of games some players and coaches are running straight off the field which makes sense. Brady did it today while Foles didn't.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Bears almost blew it late by continuing to throw the ball. Announcers couldn't understand it neither could I. Luckily the Bears defense made plays to stop the Buccs getting into field goal range. Usually 85 seconds is more than enough for Brady and he got confused on the last play and only seemed to think it was third down ! Arians didn't seem too happy with the performance overall. He also got criticized on his sportsmanship leaving early by some but there is a dang pandemic going on and players are starting to come up positive. What if Mahomes gets covid from Gilmore.

I have noticed at the end of games some players and coaches are running straight off the field which makes sense. Brady did it today while Foles didn't.
I thought they could do it but it'd be close. The Bears D really started turning it up. Brady missing Hudson on the open td then Hudson dropping the 3rd down pass and Evans short deep were killers. Brady was hit on 2 of those. Arians said he knew it was fourth with others saying he was arguing about a helmet hit. If he did forget, it happens and he also had the timeout forget against Miami before the half, I think last year. Bears beat him up with a few on twitter saying maybe concussion.

Disappointed in the lose but they happen. A tough game against Packers while Bears should beat the Panthers. Before the seasom I had TB at 11 or 12 wins and CHI at 10. Both on pace for that. What's crazy is one of these 2 teams could miss the playoffs if both go positive over 10 while an NFCE team could make it with a negative record potentially.

A Niner's loss to the Dolphins this week won't help their cause as the easiest part of their schedule is over. A Cowboys loss to the Giants could mean job losses for some people ! Colts and Browns should be a good one. Vikings and Seahawks could be interesting if the Vikings get their run game going. Bills should avenge their playoff loss to the Texans but the Texans don't need a 0-5 start to the season ! Saints and Chargers should be a decent game. Herbert has been pretty impressive so far.

It was fn ugly!
I put it on not as much playing time as normal, coaching discipline, and referees position vision. Penalties happen but some are avoidable. Discipline should be inexcusable on every team and makes you appreciate BB more. He doesn't play with that and lets his players know. Not only that he is constantly in the refs ear challenging their calls. Could you imagine the hell fire if his players jumped offsides on 4th and short, ran into each other on a kickoff, or stared at an onside kick. Heck the GB onside kick blunder in NFCGC. They'd probably get chewed the f out in front of everyone and than cut the next day. That's the draw backs from a players coach to a hard ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
Not totally surprised that the Chiefs lost. Even though they have been winning, they haven't looked that good. Hawks game is close as expected but Cook getting injured took the momentum out of the Vikings it seems.

Falcons coach and GM are gone, 49ers took a beatdown from the Dolphins. Their season is just about done with the schedule to come. Browns won again, Cowboys lost Dak for the season. Cards have lost Chandler Jones for the season.

That Dak injury was bad. Good sport of Garrett to check on him. Hopefully he's able to recover. I was suprised Dolphins put up as much points as they did. Some crazy games this week.
49ers o line is terrible at the moment and they have no corners , the secondary has been affected by injuries. Plus the QB conundrum continues . 49ers have the Rams next week then the Patriots. Seattle make a late escape. Vikings left Russell too much time on the clock. Vikings probably should have taken the kick instead.

SEA 5-0

That being said, the O-line sucked and the secondary was fifthdary tonight. A win is a win though.

Dak...F! My thought after he was carted off was, strange that Smith finally played again today and Dak suffered a similar injury. Hopefully Dak doesn't get the infections that REALLY complicated Smith's recovery (it doesn't appear that it was exposed to the 'elements' so that's good). The initial report is that the surgery went well so that's a good start.

It was good to see Alex play again!

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93
SEA 5-0

That being said, the O-line sucked and the secondary was fifthdary tonight. A win is a win though.

Dak...F! My thought after he was carted off was, strange that Smith finally played again today and Dak suffered a similar injury. Hopefully Dak doesn't get the infections that RERALLY complicated Smith's recovery (it doesn't appear that it was exposed to the 'elements' so that's good). The initial report is that the surgery went well so that's a good start.

It was god to see Alex play again!
I really thought Smith was done after that horrendous injury and the complications. I heard that he took a few sacks in the game. Sounds like the Raiders played well, I haven't watched the highlights yet. Dak has a compound fracture of the ankle. Not good. See if Dalton can step up now. Seems like the Cowboys defense are still having issues. Seattle should be pretty happy with that win after what happened in the first half. They are now three wins ahead of the Niner's who need a miracle of sorts.

Some crazy and sad injuries this week. Bears deserved the win. Raiders fans saw a few funny coaching moves that had the Chiefs in it until the end. Something has got to be done to get the ball from being kicked out of the end line. I don't know any numbers but kickoff run backs have to be down over the last couple of years..

I really thought Smith was done after that horrendous injury and the complications. I heard that he took a few sacks in the game.
He took about 6 sacks and looked somewhat gimpy, IMO. But hey - Wash has one of the worst O-lines in the league, so maybe 6 sacks is expected.

The problem with Wash is they've got a mess at QB. Haskins was benched last week for Kyle Allen which was a gigantic setback considering Haskins is supposed to be the franchise QB. For this game, Haskins stays home with a stomach virus (at least it wasn't Covid) and that elevates Smith to #2. Allen gets hurt and insert Smith.

And trade rumors are circulating now with Haskins. So, if Haskins goes then it'll be the Allen - Smith rotation show. Or maybe they'll pursue Darnold - I hear there's also trade rumors with him. Lol. What a debacle with the QB situation at the Jets & Wash.

Reactions: movingtarget
Say what you will about Seattle's defense but Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright have come up big in almost every win in spite of several key players being injured for weeks. While that first half was frustrating for them; it quickly turned around when the officials actually started penalizing the Vikings O-line for holding. Watch how many times that happened in the first and second halves.
As for the Seahawks offense; they came out playing in another gear in the second half and pushed Wilson into that short zone. Once they had some momentum the Vikings secondary was prime for what Russell and the receivers have done for 34, late game come-from behind wins. It is shocking but it almost seems like some teams are resigned to what Russell does to them in those final drives.

Watching Alex Smith come back to the field was gratifying but looked like it scared the sh*t out of his wife. Hope he continues to get better. Maybe SF can hire him back next season?

Reactions: jmdirt
Now that teams are starting to take their normal byes, it is going to be even harder to get every game played. Look at all the rearranging that they had to do this weekend to satisfy the recent positives.

TRENDING THREADS