• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 472 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The owner of my company is 81, 6ft3 and played 3 years of starting basketball at Northwestern..he says he didn't play football further because he didn't enjoy it..my one way post at punching employees is done using internet courage..If my old dusty boss starts throwing blows there are a few of us will get a beat down
Why stop there? I appreciate precision mechanisms, like a nice handgun, and sometimes don't have much self control, sooooo...

Edit: https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/ne...mid-domestic-violence-crisis---014810179.html

Last edited:
Packers/Buccs, Steelers/Browns, Bills/Chiefs and 49ers/Rams seem to be the pick of the games this week. A divisional win would be a godsend for the 49ers at the moment and the result of this game might define the rest of their season. A loss and going 2-4 in the NFC West with the 49ers schedule will make the playoffs look even more unlikely.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Packers/Buccs, Steelers/Browns, Bills/Chiefs and 49ers/Rams seem to be the pick of the games this week. A divisional win would be a godsend for the 49ers at the moment and the result of this game might define the rest of their season. A loss and going 2-4 in the NFC West with the 49ers schedule will make the playoffs look even more unlikely.
All should be good games though Bills vs Chiefs might turn into the Texans vs Chiefs game.

Steelers beat up the Browns, Buccs are doing the same to GB at the moment, good win for Denver over the Patriots. What's happened to the Vikings this season ? Giants get their first win, Eagles ran the Ravens close, Titans still unbeaten. Joe Flacco has alternating expressions on his face at the moment for the Jets : he either looks like a condemned man or profoundly bored.............

Niners got it done in a mistake riddled game. They played well in the first half but the offense stalled when Mostert went out of the game. Luckily for them Goff had a miserable game and the Rams had too many flags.
The Rams handed a season-saving win to the Niners in a game when neither QB seemed to be able to throw accurately beyond 10 yds. They did the Seahawks a big favor, too. The Cards and Niners, back to back will be interesting but hopefully not too interesting.

Reactions: jmdirt
If the Bills pull off the upset, they should 100% win the East with a 3 game lead over Patriots and Dolphins.
Undisciplined performance from the Bills. The coach won't be happy with that. Chiefs got one or two line ball calls which were important ones. Bills run defense has to be better that as were some of the ridiculous flags they gave up like shoving players that are already over the sideline and they did it multiple times. Just silly plays.

Last edited:
The Cowboys/Cards game was hard to watch. The broadcast could have had a "doink" sound effect for all of the Cowboy dropped passes and fumbles. It was tough to see Andy Dalton under siege although knowing Jerry is up in his box, in his new stadium passing a stone over that game gave some solace.
The Cards got lucky, too. Very. Their passing game was seriously flawed and they somehow managed the running game to win.

The Cowboys/Cards game was hard to watch. The broadcast could have had a "doink" sound effect for all of the Cowboy dropped passes and fumbles. It was tough to see Andy Dalton under siege although knowing Jerry is up in his box, in his new stadium passing a stone over that game gave some solace.
The Cards got lucky, too. Very. Their passing game was seriously flawed and they somehow managed the running game to win.
Eagles have the harder schedule than the Cowboys and I still think they can win the division but they have a lot of injuries. Still not convinced by the Cardinals. The NFC West is a tough division but if they make the playoffs I don't see them going far. I was bemused by how many TV talking heads were picking the Cowboys to make the SB. The Titans playoff form has continued into the new season.

Tua named the starter:

Out of the 4 QBs taken in the first round this year that leaves only Love as not starting nor getting any playing time yet. The plans for him are to sit one year, but if this continues...who knows:

Tua named the starter:

Out of the 4 QBs taken in the first round this year that leaves only Love as not starting nor getting any playing time yet. The plans for him are to sit one year, but if this continues...who knows:

Even with Fitz playing well they are thinking of the future. Rodgers had one bad game. Brady had one the week before. Cam had one this week as well but the Patriots practice was minimal.

Reactions: Oldermanish
Eagles have the harder schedule than the Cowboys and I still think they can win the division but they have a lot of injuries. Still not convinced by the Cardinals. The NFC West is a tough division but if they make the playoffs I don't see them going far. I was bemused by how many TV talking heads were picking the Cowboys to make the SB. The Titans playoff form has continued into the new season.
Injuries have a huge impact this season, seemingly more than other years. We've all speculated that lack of pre-season contact and conditioning has made for some vulnerability and SF, Eagles, Dallas are all hurting. Dak's injury was one of those don't-look-at-the-video moments for me and hardly a conditioning question but still a huge impact.

A. Brown to SEA? I hope not, but there is talk...
AB is suspended through week 8, and we're into week 6. I don't think Seattle really needs him, especially half way through the season. He'd be a def upgrade to David Moore, but but I'd stick with DM as he's come up with some big plays himself. And DM is not a potential cancer. I'm more interested to see Snacks fit in, which overall might help more than AB.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
AB is suspended through week 8, and we're into week 6. I don't think Seattle really needs him, especially half way through the season. He'd be a def upgrade to David Moore, but but I'd stick with DM as he's come up with some big plays himself. And DM is not a potential cancer. I'm more interested to see Snacks fit in, which overall might help more than AB.
AB probably can't play until week 9 or 10, and as you indicated will probably cause as much negative as positive. Plus let's keep in mind, he hasn't played for a while so it may take some time to get going again, and he may never get back to the level he was.

Reactions: on3m@n@rmy
Sad. Former 49er\Charger great Fred Dean passed away this week due to covid-19. He was age 68.

Dean was a huge factor in the 49ers first (and second) SB win. Everyone remembers Montana and the West coast offense, but by the numbers, that 1981 team was just average offensively. The defense was one of the best in the NFL, and Dean was a key reason. He was traded to the 49ers from SD early that season, and in his first game, the team had perhaps their signature win of the season, a 45-14 blow-out of Dallas. The year before, the Cowboys whomped the 49ers 59-14, so no one saw this coming.

The other defensive star on that team was rookie and future HOFer DB Ronnie Lott, who with two other rookies in the defensive backfield gave the team great pass coverage, allowing Dean to terrorize QBs who couldn't get rid of the ball quickly. Though not that large, he might be considered a forerunner of modern DL, who have an unworldly combination of power and speed. Dean rarely started for the 49ers, but wreaked so much damage on third and long situations that he was voted defensive player of the year. He finished his career with over 90 sacks, though most of them were unofficial, as records were not kept until well into his career.

Even with Fitz playing well they are thinking of the future. Rodgers had one bad game. Brady had one the week before. Cam had one this week as well but the Patriots practice was minimal.
First, big props to Fitz for taking the demotion so well even though Fits says news of the demotion hurt. Agree they are thinking of the future, including they need to know now if Tua can be their future franchise QB. But also, the Fins season is not over as far as playoffs are concerned. Tua's ceiling is so much higher than Fitz that he poses problems for defenses. https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/...nse-will-now-make-defenses-think-differently/

TRENDING THREADS