• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 474 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Unfortunately, Jamaal Adams is still out this week.
PlayerInjuryWedThuFriGame status
Jamal AdamsGroinDNPDNPDNPOut
Quinton DunbarKnee/RestingDNPLPLP(-)
Jordyn BrooksKneeLPLPFP(-)
Benson MayowaKneeLPLPFP(-)
Anthony RushKneeLPLPLP(-)
Brooks who was out last week was replaced last week by Cody Barton, who played poorly and was pushed around all day long vs the Viks, but made one great play on that final 4th and inches situation. I'd hope to get Brooks back. But for the long haul, Seattle has signed Mychal Kendricks back to the practice squad. Kendricks will have to go through C19 protocols etc and won't be available vs the Cards. But it appears clear Seattle was not satisfied with Barton.
Horrible way to lose last night. The Seahawks will need all of these guys next weeks to manage the 49ers and Buffalo.

Play of the season: DK running down Buda! Most receivers wouldn't even make an attempt from were he was standing. He went from standing still, while Buda was in full stride, closed 15sih yards, and saved a TD!

Even though I'm a SEA fan, I enjoyed watching Murray play. Partly just because he is so athletic (like Rus), and partly because so many people said that he couldn't play at a high level in the NFL.

I can't believe that SEA lost that. I'm not even going to type my analysis, I'm just moving on to next week.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Play of the season: DK running down Buda! Most receivers wouldn't even make an attempt from were he was standing. He went from standing still, while Buda was in full stride, closed 15sih yards, and saved a TD!

Even though I'm a SEA fan, I enjoyed watching Murray play. Partly just because he is so athletic (like Rus), and partly because so many people said that he couldn't play at a high level in the NFL.

I can't believe that SEA lost that. I'm not even going to type my analysis, I'm just moving on to next week.
That was a great play. Haven't watched the highlights yet but I expected that sort of game with the Seattle defense and the Cardinals improving offense. this season. Maybe the NFC West will have three teams in the playoffs this season. Bit early to tell yet. Big one next week with the Niner's and Hawks. More injuries won't help the Niner's but hopefully they will have a few players back and their defense seems to be improving.

Reactions: jmdirt
Good win for the Rams showing they're not dead yet. Would be crazy NFCW gets all of there teams into the playoffs. Maybe 1 should replace the NFCE divisional winner if they finish 8-8 or worse.
Yes the Niner's are bottom of the division on four wins and you would think they will get better as their players return from injury although they do have a tough schedule. I thought the Bears would have done better against the Rams. Next three games are vital for the 49ers. Hawks, GB and Bills. The bye before the Bills game should help them.

Metcalf's effort was fun to watch, except for Budda. He probably heard him after looking up at the Jumbotron...
The QB lineup was the equivalent of NFL Smurfball. I loved it!

Hawks add Carlos Dunlap from Bengals...maybe get Jamal Adams back this week too. They may get better, much better for second half of season or however much season remains.
But is it going to be enough to help the pass rush? At least it's an attempt, and fair one at that. I've heard Everson Griffin might be available, but the Cowboys just might have been asking too much. Seattle got Dunlap for a 7th round pick and also sent 2nd string backup center BJ Finney to Cincy. The only problem in this trade, it now leaves Seattle a bit thin at backup center (Finney's position), where former 3rd string center Kyle Fuller now gets promoted to the backup role. Former Seattle backup center Joey Hunt, now with the Colts, was released by Seattle last July.

Brady is playing well..everyone is running great routes..a couple of plays the receiver was running full out for a number of seconds,turns around to discover that Brady has hit him in the hands w the ball.excellent.
Patriots are looking pathetic.
Bears got shocked,just never got anything going.
The last 5 minutes of the Lions game is guaranteed to put a smile on any football fans face regardless of what team you like..
New Orleans was good..
Seattle is a very very good team on both sides of the ball..
49ers were good and there running game helps there passing game and there passing game helps the running game..lots of plays were because of pass coverage schemes, the San Francisco run blocking really opens things up..
I think that the Cowboys should call Doug Flute..or Colin Kap..or Will Ferrell..any quarterback..I forgot the name of the 40+ year old guy that was on the Eagles last year..call him

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Rumors that NE might shop Gilmore, Edelman, and Thuney if they lose to the Bills Sunday.

And according to YouTube comments on Mcafee's video Gilmore's house just went up for sale.
Looks like the Patriots are on the rebuild. Edelman is barely touching the ball when he isn't dropping it. Gilmore wants out it seems. Something obviously wrong with Cam. Patriots will probably draft a QB next season if they can find a suitable one, not sure what Stidham can amount to going forward. Should be some free agents floating around as well. Falcons will probably go the same way and start again. The Cowboys are a mess.

Looks like the Patriots are on the rebuild. Edelman is barely touching the ball when he isn't dropping it. Gilmore wants out it seems. Something obviously wrong with Cam. Patriots will probably draft a QB next season if they can find a suitable one, not sure what Stidham can amount to going forward. Should be some free agents floating around as well. Falcons will probably go the same way and start again. The Cowboys are a mess.
I wouldn't trade for Edelman, he's getting too old and banged up. Funny all 3 are rumored to TB but I doubt BB will give them any without a high asking price.
NE more than ever needs to reload and maybe BB should step down as gm and just coach. His offensive choices leave a lot to be desired and the team is old at the skill positions. Crazy that they could have got DK instead of Harry or even both during the draft. The opt outs haven't helped but next year they'll only be older. If they beat the Bills though they still have hope to win the division but I feel highly likely they will get bounced first game.
Falcons and Texans I feel are in the same boat and just need a coaching reset. Heck rumors are Packers want Will Fueller which if Bill O'Brien was still there they'd probably have. I don't think Texans can allow any of their receivers to leave after losing Hopkins if they're not replaced. Falcons are just undisciplined and running around with their heads chopped off with good players. The onsides kick and Gurley touchdown should have never happened.
Cowboys might be a LAVA HOT mess but can still make the playoffs. I don't know of it was mentioned here but it was very suprising not to see any OL defend Dalton after the hit. Their trouble runs from ownership all the way down to personal at all levels.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trade for Edelman, he's getting too old and banged up. Funny all 3 are rumored to TB but I doubt BB will give them any without a high asking price.
NE more than ever needs to reload and maybe BB should step down as gm and just coach. His offensive choices leave a lot to be desired and the team is old at the skill positions. Crazy that they could have got DK instead of Harry or even both during the draft. The opt outs haven't helped but next year they'll only be older. If they beat the Bills though they still have hope to win the division but I feel highly likely they will get bounced first game.
Falcons and Texans I feel are in the same boat and just need a coaching reset. Heck rumors are Packers want Will Fueller which if Bill O'Brien was still there they'd probably have. I don't think Texans can allow any of their receivers to leave after losing Hopkins if they're not replaced. Falcons are just undisciplined and running around with their heads chopped off with good players. The onsides kick and Gurley touchdown should have never happened.
Cowboys might be a LAVA HOT mess but can still make the playoffs. I don't know of it was mentioned here but it was very suprising not to see any OL defend Dalton after the hit. Their trouble runs from ownership all the way down to personal at all levels.
I was shocked by this! By all accounts AD is well liked so that would mean that the O line just doesn't give a rip about anything.

Reactions: Oldermanish
Brady is playing well..everyone is running great routes..a couple of plays the receiver was running full out for a number of seconds,turns around to discover that Brady has hit him in the hands w the ball.excellent.
Patriots are looking pathetic.
Bears got shocked,just never got anything going.
The last 5 minutes of the Lions game is guaranteed to put a smile on any football fans face regardless of what team you like..
New Orleans was good..
Seattle is a very very good team on both sides of the ball..
49ers were good and there running game helps there passing game and there passing game helps the running game..lots of plays were because of pass coverage schemes, the San Francisco run blocking really opens things up..
I think that the Cowboys should call Doug Flute..or Colin Kap..or Will Ferrell..any quarterback..I forgot the name of the 40+ year old guy that was on the Eagles last year..call him
I don't know how "very good" their D is. They can't put any pressure on the QB, nor cover receivers for longer than 3 seconds...put those two things together and Russ and he O have to score a lot of points to keep up with other good Os like AZ. Some of the issue is injuries obviously, and having Adams back is key. Dunlop might help?

Reactions: SHAD0W93
So who was it that brought the wins, Brady or Belichick..?
Brady absolutely carried Belichick the GM.
Both brought out the best in each other as head coach and player.
Belichick brought the schemes, discipline, knowledge, and personal (no matter how good or bad they were).
Brady brought the leadership, tenacity, will to win, and quarterback play that he showed in his college days though not as refined.
If we go back to 2001 and Bledsoe wasn't injured, Belichick would have most likely been fired and have a losing record. Brady might not have any record as he could have stayed a backup or not even picked up by a team. Brady might be the first player to invest into him as a head coach that helped bring others in and take the aggression. Players always say that you go to New England to play for championships and with Tom Brady. Another troubling thing is Belichick's coaching tree isn't very good as head coaches. It's hard to judge Belichick now because the team stinks on multiple player levels but he is the GM as well. You can't win with no quality at skill positions, no matter what schemes you have.

Seattle needs a little running help, too. Carson is slightly nicked and we haven't heard from Procise, etc in awhile.
Yes! Their run game is good, injury, good, injury, injury, good,.... Penny has been a bust just because he can never put two weeks together between injuries, Carson is only slightly better. They need to get a back with better soft tissue!