• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 476 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hawks/Bills, Ravens/Colts, Buccs/Saints and Dolphins/Cardinals seem to be the pick of the games this week. I expect the Hawks to be too good for an inconsistent Bills. Ravens to overcome the Colts, Buccs and Saints could turn into a shootout, Buccs to edge it, and the Cardinals will have their hands full with an improving Dolphins. Dolphins to win, their defense is playing well.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Hawks/Bills, Ravens/Colts, Buccs/Saints and Dolphins/Cardinals seem to be the pick of the games this week. I expect the Hawks to be too good for an inconsistent Bills. Ravens to overcome the Colts, Buccs and Saints could turn into a shootout, Buccs to edge it, and the Cardinals will have their hands full with an improving Dolphins. Dolphins to win, their defense is playing well.
SEA v BUF will either be within 7 or a blowout.
I'd expect BAL to beat IND.
I think NO v TB will be close but TB to pull ahead towards the end of it from tiring out the defense. Be interesting in what personal they have on the field. I'd think having Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Millar swapping during drives to load manage injuries with Gronk and than rotating RBs. NYG killed TB's aggressive defense so they'll have to be on top of it with Thomas and Kamara but I think they should dare Brees to go deep. No dumb penalties or kickoff blunders!
Come on MIA this is a must win!

Coach Mike McCarthy must be wondering what he has got himself into.........................

The Cowboys' quarterback depth chart is taking shape.
Dallas plans to start Garrett Gilbert on Sunday at home against the Steelers, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
It would be start No. 1 for the seventh-year journeyman. His last month alone has been an adventure.
Gilbert was on the Browns' practice squad when he was surprisingly signed by the Cowboys in the aftermath of Dak Prescott's injury. Gilbert was brought in to be QB3 behind Andy Dalton and rookie Ben DiNucci. After Dalton also went down and DiNucci struggled, Gilbert took the majority of reps in practice this week ahead of Cooper Rush, who's backed up Prescott since 2017.
Gilbert, who's been with seven teams since the Rams selected him in the sixth round of the 2014 draft, has attempted just six passes in the NFL. Now the former Alliance of American Football star is in line to start for America's Team.

Another team that wants Trevor Lawrence ?

Reactions: Nomad
Didn't see much of the Cowboys game but I was surprised they were so close in the 4th quarter.
I only saw the 4th quarter and the penalties racking up against them.

I'm not sure if TB know they have a game tonight. They are getting destroyed 28-0. Of course the first Sunday night I have off and it's a murdering. This is about to turn into the Monday Night Massacre of KC v NE.

31-0 halftime. One team showed up ready to play and the other took the night off. At this point second half they should just go hurry up and see what happens.
Saints playing very well, Bucs and Refs being terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koronin
SEA WTH?! BUF played well, but SEA was poor in most phases of the game. I can't even begin to count the number of times that I have posted negatively about SEA's poor O line play, their D was super a few times but porous mostly.

DAL actually played WAY better than I (or anyone I think) expected.

Who is the Jr High B team wearing the red pirate uniforms on SNF?!

Reactions: Oldermanish
I only saw the 4th quarter and the penalties racking up against them.

I'm not sure if TB know they have a game tonight. They are getting destroyed 28-0. Of course the first Sunday night I have off and it's a murdering. This is about to turn into the Monday Night Massacre of KC v NE.

31-0 halftime. One team showed up ready to play and the other took the night off. At this point second half they should just go hurry up and see what happens.
Saints playing very well, Bucs and Refs being terrible.
Of course the Niners play the Saints next week...........................horrible defeat for the Bucs.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
SEA WTH?! BUF played well, but SEA was poor in most phases of the game. I can't even begin to count the number of times that I have posted negatively about SEA's poor O line play, their D was super a few times but porous mostly.

I sat in a Seattle chat room for a while waiting for the 49ers one to start and it seems many fans and the chat hosts were really going after Pete Carroll's decision making. Dallas put a scare into the Steelers.Panthers also gave the Chiefs a game.

It was a total team loss. And Russ got cooked.

Reactions: jmdirt
Kyle Allen badly dislocated and fractured ankle on the same field where Smith had his 2 yrs earlier:

View: https://youtu.be/8jSt_xQj3mM

And Smith named the starter:

This deserves more accolades. If you watched the "Project 11" documentary that chronicled Smith's adversity with this injury that involved a life-threatening infection, a near amputation and 17 surgeries, who would have ever thought he'd set foot on the field again let alone start.

An amazing story!

Last edited:
I sat in a Seattle chat room for a while waiting for the 49ers one to start and it seems many fans and the chat hosts were really going after Pete Carroll's decision making. Dallas put a scare into the Steelers.Panthers also gave the Chiefs a game.
As the chatters should have. Hawks started out with an effective blitz pattern that worked...at first. Then the secondary conceded anything within 8 yds of scrimmage for the rest of the game. Sheeeyut that was bad. Hawks having an anemic run game only made it more chaotic for them.
Seahawks played poorly and Buffalo got very lucky to see this version. Josh is good but he looked like MVP material with Hawks defense.

Reactions: movingtarget
Colts ran all over the Titans. Hines was even better than Henry. Titans really need some special teams re punter and FG kicker.
Crazy how many punters they've had this year and Gostkowski hasn't been the same since his hip injury. Puts it in perspective how long Vinatieri played for.

Another Sunday off and potentially another day of disappointment in the 3 games I'm interested in, TB v CAR, BUF v ARI, and LAC v MIA. The 2 Florida teams need to step up, win, and seize control of their playoff destiny while BUF needs to concede the division to MIA. Also rooting for Smith to have a good game. He had WAS in control of the NFCE before he was injured, maybe with how lethargic the division is he can lead them back to it and snipe Big Ben of CPOTY.

Crazy how many punters they've had this year and Gostkowski hasn't been the same since his hip injury. Puts it in perspective how long Vinatieri played for.

Another Sunday off and potentially another day of disappointment in the 3 games I'm interested in, TB v CAR, BUF v ARI, and LAC v MIA. The 2 Florida teams need to step up, win, and seize control of their playoff destiny while BUF needs to concede the division to MIA. Also rooting for Smith to have a good game. He had WAS in control of the NFCE before he was injured, maybe with how lethargic the division is he can lead them back to it and snipe Big Ben of CPOTY.
All interesting games. Carolina have a real shot I think after I saw their game with the Chiefs. Pretty well balanced team and now with CMC back. The Arizona game could be the fun game of the week with both offenses playing well, I would tip Miami to win the other one, they have stepped it up a gear this season and their two wins over the Rams and the 49ers were impressive. Speaking of the Rams their game with the Hawks should also be good. Rams offense has been disappointing and the Hawks have the edge there but the Hawks defense has been very average at best. Both teams know each other so well but the Rams have to keep Wilson and Metcalf out of the game as much as possible to have any hope. The Hawks run game looked better last week. I will go with the Hawks in a close one.

The Bucs game against the the Saints I think was a one off. Nothing went right for the Bucs. Even with the 49ers wounded I don't seem them getting completely trashed by the Saints and the Saints form before the Bucs game wasn't that great with lots of close games. Skip Bayless thinks the Bucs game last week could be season defining for both teams with the Bucs on the slide especially if they lose to the Panthers and the Saints getting better. I'm not really buying that take on the game or the rest of the season. A loss by the 49ers means they virtually have to win all of their remaining games to have a chance at the playoffs which is improbable with the team struggling to find momentum with so many players coming and going regularly. Losing Kittle for the season was probably the last straw. Their post season should be a busy one with so many players coming off contract, QB questions and the limits on available cap space to retain their best players. Dee Ford is surely gone, there will be questions about re-signing Sherman, Fred Warner will be looking for a pay day and has earned it among other contract issues.

Last edited:
All interesting games. Carolina have a real shot after I saw their game with the Chiefs. Pretty well balanced team and now with CMC back. The Arizona game could be the fun game of the week with both offenses playing well, I would tip Miami to win the other one, they have stepped it up a gear this season and their two wins over the Rams and the 49ers were impressive. Speaking of the Rams their game with the Hawks should also be good. Rams offense has been disappointing and the Hawks have the edge there but the Hawks defense has been very average at best. Both teams know each other so well but the Rams have to keep Wilson and Metcalf out of the game as much as possible to have any hope. The Hawks run game looked better last week. I will go with the Hawks in a close one.
CMC is still out last I checked. If so that's a big breaker for the Panthers but last week TB defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.