• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 503 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Same here. What I'd like even more is if the practice squad was doubled.

Also two bye weeks.

Thursday night games only after a bye week.

No OT in regular season games.

Give me a bit, I'll come up with more. :)
I still like my 19 games with the additional 3 against the opposite conference same division placement and 2 or 3 byeweeks. Maybe fair, everyone’s bye week is the same week and they just run highlights that week. Would extend the season but then they could make the preseason games more part of practice and otas a little earlier.

Reactions: jmdirt

Confirming what everyone already believed as he most likely would have taken the check down first down. I’m just surprised he lost track as he’s usually ice cold though he did have that dolphins blunder as well before the half in like 17 or 18.

Prefer two preseason games if they are going to have a 17 game season now. Also forget the byes and have a mid season break after week 8 of one week but two would be ideal.

That would be a good schedule. I understand why the NFL has alternating bye weeks but it’s hard on players and teams. This isn’t like other sports that have multiple games they can play so they don’t mean as much as football.

He has been practicing well, and being praised by his peers both on and off of the field so he will make the first roster cut for sure.

EDIT: Mangini and Cowherd don't think he'll make it, and they know what its like not to make it so...
---granted they've made a lot of money 'not making it', but they both suck.
From what I've seen Meyer has started to become very noncommittal about him.

As for his peers, are they likely to criticise him? Off the field all I've heard is good about him from everywhere so that seem genuine, but will players actively criticise the on-field ability of someone clearly brought in because he's best mates with the coach?

Has Tebow been cut yet..?
Meyer will probably wait until the final cuts to the 53 this preseason - so Tebow should he get his shot at one of the three TE positions they'll keep on the active roster.

Tebow is currently listed as #4 on the depth chart. Chris Manhertz, the starter at Carolina last season was signed to a 2-yr, 7.25 mil contract (4.25 guaranteed) - is listed as #1. The returning starter from last year, O'Shaughnessy, is #2 and their 5th rd pick this year; Luke Farrell, #3, is a 6-6, 260 lb stud from Ohio St (who would have thought. Lol) who can catch the ball. Tebow at #4 is ahead of the last two on the DC, Davis & Ellefson.

IMO, it'll come down to his performance in preseason. Can he catch the ball & make plays? Can he get open after being chucked at the line of scrimmage? Can he hold his blocks? I'm sure the TE coach is going to be very busy this preseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: King Boonen
From what I've seen Meyer has started to become very noncommittal about him.

As for his peers, are they likely to criticise him? Off the field all I've heard is good about him from everywhere so that seem genuine, but will players actively criticise the on-field ability of someone clearly brought in because he's best mates with the coach?
Yah, I think that UM said something like "he's one of 90...". I'm not sure what to make of that. Is that just easy cover for when he makes the team people can't say 'you've been telling us all along', or is TT really not going to make the 53? I wonder if he'll be OK being a practice squad guy if he doesn't make the 53?

You know that if the young guns didn't like him, or thought that he was junk, they couldn't help but post it on social media. Didn't one of their draft picks already post something about UM being a rookie too?

Like anyone who is for a roster spot as 3rd string TE, whether Tebow makes the team or not is going to be more dependent on how well he can play special teams than how well he can play his (current) listed position.

Also this offseason, he will need to be fully vaccinated because there is no way any team is employing any fringe players who are not (even though no team can publicly admit this)

TRENDING THREADS