• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 511 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That's probably a deceiving record playing such lousy teams (NY Giants, Jacksonville, NY Jets/0-9 combined record). The Jets looked pathetic on both sides of the ball. Wilson looked terrible and I don't think he's ready - he needs to sit a year. He looked downright scared and under/over through so many receivers.

Here in Denver, the sports media is euphoric over the 3-0 record. You'd think the Broncos are guaranteed a playoff spot starting off undefeated. Lol. The real season starts now & we'll see what this team is made of. Their next four games will tell it all:

Baltimore
@ Pittsburgh
Las Vegas
@ Cleveland

If they can split these games - particularly winning the home games I might be more inclined to jump on the bandwagon.
Let's see how they handle the Ravens.
Schedule has been kind to the Broncos thus far but they look on the right track defensively.

Was there supposed to be some kind of emoji after that?
No but the Bears are running short of QBs and Foles has been injury prone himself. Fields will be happy to put that game behind him. What's going on with the Hawks ? They have been getting good starts and then they crumble. But the 49ers run defense has been nothing special either and they have no good RBs left anyway. One of the guys they just signed was from the XFL ! They won't get Jeff Wilson back till mid season or so. I knew it was a mistake when the let Gallman go but they had too many RBs on the roster and they had to make some cuts.. No good having speedsters when they can't last more than two games. Give me a durable RB who can play regularly and get some yards on most plays. But Shanahan seems to prefer the small fast RBs..............

Reactions: jmdirt

The man of many lives has returned to another contender. Honestly this is a huge pick up for Chiefs offense if he plays like he did in NE and SEA. With focus on Kelce and Hill, it opens things for him and he can line up anywhere and play every side of the field. I don’t know how much it helps them overall because of their defense but it helps the offense tremendously. I wish Chiefs and Rams played the other this year.

The man of many lives has returned to another contender. Honestly this is a huge pick up for Chiefs offense if he plays like he did in NE and SEA. With focus on Kelce and Hill, it opens things for him and he can line up anywhere and play every side of the field. I don’t know how much it helps them overall because of their defense but it helps the offense tremendously. I wish Chiefs and Rams played the other this year.
Lack of ball security killing the Chiefs and some silly throws from Mahomes.

Lack of ball security killing the Chiefs and some silly throws from Mahomes.
At least Gordon hasn't fumbled a ball since 2012. Maybe Reid should have them practice ball security like Belicheck. If anything this shows how Reid focuses on offense and the big plays more then running and defense as is his history. It would be like if TB acquired another number 1 receiver and kept all of their other personnel while neglecting the defense.

In my opinion the offense trying to overcompensate and cover the defense is killing them on top of Mahomes used to his "sillness" working. While not having many interceptions, he has had many dropped or close ones from his heroics. Now they're actually being caught. That no look pass was pure believing in his hype, which happens to everybody. You start getting cocky when it works and then it doesn't.

I think if the defense gets better, that will help the offense as they are not trying to either overcome a deficit, score with their less time of possession, or play hero ball. Which further kills their defense since they are unable to rest. It's a double edged sword. They can score so fast but then give no rest to their defense.

Sherman to the Bucs. I know they’re short but I don’t know what he can add besides zone coverage. He is too slow to be on the quick receivers now in my opinion. But should be better then what they have.
He will make plays but also get burnt when he has to turn around. Cost the Niners a few times. That achilles injury took some of his speed. But he will also be good at keeping the secondary disciplined.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt

No way Gronk misses this game.
Should be an interesting one. Looking forward to that one plus the two NFC West divisional games.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Don't disagree. Just like to see how far coaching gets the Patriots. Obviously the Bucs have the superior team.
Honestly I don’t know. I feel like McDaniel’s has been pretty dry and basic in play calls for awhile and Patricia is his own cup of tea. Obviously discipline and situations is second to none from Belicheck. I think the more the team loses, if they lose and don’t come close to Brady’s success with the Patriots, the less players will put up with.

In the book that’s being released, who know how much is true. But if Malcolm Butler was benched for arguing with Patricia that’s petty.

Reactions: movingtarget

No way Gronk misses this game.
Must be a pretty serious rib injury for him to miss this game:

Bad day in Bronco land. Teddy B is knocked out of the game in the 2nd qtr with a concussion. Drew Lock gets his chance to shine but instead plays terrible solidifying why he the lost the starting job in the first place. I think Rypien could have played better. Lol. Teddy B's status for next week's game @ Pittsburgh is unknown - clearly the Broncos are not playoff contenders without him.

7-6 NE at the half. Belicheck and the NE defense bringing a lot of different looks each Bucs drive and the rain is definitely hampering the Bucs offense. They missed a field goal and lost on a fumble recovered that was than ruled incomplete after receiver took 2 steps. If the defense can keep it up, Belicheck walking away with a win.

SEA won. It is absolutely shocking that it was tied at half after they sucked so bad for 29 of the first 30 minutes.
As I said a few days ago I expected a bizarre game. If you look at the stats you wonder how the Niners lost. Neither team at the moment can put together four good quarters it seems. The turnover from the Niners seemed to be the turning point. Why he didn't just fall on the ball is anyone's guess and then you had the punter trying to kick field goals for the 49ers as they had no reserve kicker ! Now they have to start Lance with Jimmy injured again. The Cards trounced the Rams. The NFC West war just started, it will be up and down all season as any of the teams can beat the others on any given day but the Hawks and 49ers better get their act together if they are thinking playoffs.

The Texans got thrashed and the Patriots almost pulled off an unlikely win. Beaten by a doink and the kicker was kicking in driving rain

As I said a few days ago I expected a bizarre game. If you look at the stats you wonder how the Niners lost. Neither team at the moment can put together four good quarters it seems. The turnover from the Niners seemed to be the turning point. Why he didn't just fall on the ball is anyone's guess and then you had the punter trying to kick field goals for the 49ers as they had no reserve kicker ! Now they have to start Lance with Jimmy injured again. The Cards trounced the Rams. The NFC West war just started, it will be up and down all season as any of the teams can beat the others on any given day but the Hawks and 49ers better get their act together if they are thinking playoffs.

The Texans got thrashed and the Patriots almost pulled off an unlikely win. Beaten by a doink and the kicker was kicking in driving rain
Yeah Patriots defense came to play and was changing up their plays and schemes like crazy. Patriots offense was smoking a bad Tampa defense that keeps getting worse. Though the defense did almost have 2 other turnovers that would have flipped the game with the fumble in the beginning and a potential pick 6. Tampa offense didn’t play well in the rain and missed Gronk. You could tell in some situations Brady missed Gronk being there, then he either had throws he was off or receivers dropped in the rain.

Reactions: movingtarget

SEA first half offense stats were: Russ on the ground or running for his life...until he took over for a drive near the end of Q2.

I realize that there is something immeasurable..Brady is that thing. I am also glad that the NFL has not entirely eliminated weather as a factor..I have understand the dome..but seeing snow,rain and used to be mud in American football is a tradition I enjoy..I hope that they don't schedule only the video game version or stationary trainer version of the Paris Roubaix..dirty is essential

TRENDING THREADS