• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 517 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think it goes:
Bronco
Ram
Banana Slug
and one of my favorites
Scottsdale Community College Artichokes
David Spade went there..
or Dirt 's team that plays on blue carpet..
I hope Von Miller doesn't get traded to Idaho for draft picks..
One strange thing is the level of specialization in the NFL..I always assumed that a punter could kick off..or punch through an extra point..guess I was wrong..also curious about kicker injuries..do you get a guy from the practice squad? Go after a recently retired or cut kicker? Or there a big grassy area w goal posts..like a bullpen for kickers..

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
Crazy game in KC and Giants gave it their all and Chiefs got lucky with the Giants hurting themselves and refs on their side. And KC got lucky they got away with a forward pass. With GB’s return to form it should be a win for them.

The taunting call is getting crazy as well, they’re calling it for everything.

Last edited:
Von needs to get back to at least close to what he once was. LAR is a good place for him to do that because Os won't be able to focus on him since there are other (obvious and no so obvious) threats on that D. Unchained, I'd love to see him play on the blue! :)

The taunting rule emphasis is out of hand. There isn't a single player, coach, or fan who likes this so why is the NFL doing it?!

DH's HUGE power has to be tough on those feet! I hope that he will be good to go for next year. I wonder how AP will look?

EDIT: Ingram could really help tighten up the KC D (it wouldn't hurt to get another solid DB). They still have the potential to end up in the big game if they can just tighten up a few areas. GB this weekend!

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
Von needs to get back to at least close to what he once was. LAR is a good place for him to do that because Os won't be able to focus on him since there are other (obvious and no so obvious) threats on that D. Unchained, I'd love to see him play on the blue! :)

The taunting rule emphasis is out of hand. There isn't a single player, coach, or fan who likes this so why is the NFL doing it?!

DH's HUGE power has to be tough on those feet! I hope that he will be good to go for next year. I wonder how AP will look?

EDIT: Ingram could really help tighten up the KC D (it wouldn't hurt to get another solid DB). They still have the potential to end up in the big game if they can just tighten up a few areas. GB this weekend!
I don’t get having the taunting rule but still allowing team celebrations like the, I think Bucs, full team rowing celebration they had. If they calling everything for taunting, that’s taunting too. Only time it should be called if it is physical, , hand motioning, or the refs hear derogatory statements. It’s getting ridiculous like when they changed the catch rule and everything was getting overturned.

I think Chiefs need to focus more on the run and short passing to get the teams out of two deep safeties since they do it for a little and then go back to their bread and butter. Most of their turnovers has been happening on long drives though.

he is gonna look great in Miami next to deshaun watson in 2022

slightly more conservative take : he is gonna look great in Miami next to deshaun watson in 2023
The way things are going with Miami this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't draft another QB with all of the uncertainty around Watson's legal status and probable ban. They are in two minds it seems about Tua and Watson. They should still have plenty of picks left for the next draft but I don't know what the proposed QB class will be like. The Niners will moveJimmy G after this season and I think a few QBs like Cousins will be coming off contract. Some people thought the Saints would be calling Rivers re the Winston injury but so far they haven't. GB has also told Rodgers they will let him seek a trade next season if he wants one. Russell Wilson's next contract could become interesting as well.

actually two fatalities, victims dog died as well
Most of what I read and watched about the Raiders,sprinkled in something like " they have not missed a beat, despite the coaching chaos "..We will have to see if but yet another hand grenade tossed into the locker room has them distracted enough to screw up.
from what I read it was a Corvette, I have driven one on the Silver Strand which is a thin sand land bridge that leads from Imperial Beach to Coronado Island..not very long and completely straight..I jumped on it a couple of times..impressive G forces but didn't do anything to break the thing loose.. This guy was high, was driving fast and recklessly..and may have had mods to the car to increase already a high level of performance..this was a deadly recipe from the start.
I was in NYC when Plaxico Burgess shot himself in the butt in a nightclub..ultra dumb..Ray Lewis, add to dumb list..obviously the NFL and teams overall are not getting the message out about guns, personal conduct..it looks like being places w guns, booze and drugs,and "the element" is the rule not the exception..player getting hit by a "stray bullet"..at a" party " ..
I have thought this for a long time..head injury fiasco and the rest..NFL needs new management( commissioner and staff) and the players union needs to step up instead of shuffle or 2 step,side step player conduct..should not be so much due process w guns,drugs and BS..don't get me started on domestic violence and drug protocols..these guys are playing with fire and the NFL brand..hearts and prayer ain't cutting it

Does anyone have any links to what treatment Rodgers claimed he had to make himself “immunized” before the season, without getting a vaccine? Did he have Covid months ago? I can’t seem to find anything. It’s all vague.

Love has yet to have more than a consistent drive in his career so far. With KC’s experience, and needing to win, I fully expect them to do so, as some of GB’s wins have resulted almost entirely from Rodgers heroics, and some of KC’s losses are from sloppy play and lack of focus, and poor line play on both sides of the ball. Yes, their D is porous, but I’d be surprised if Love can exploit that. Also, I don’t care how many bad plays he has, even with a disjointed OL, Mahomes is still one of the best, most explosive players in the league.

Nevada is not a blue state, soft on crime, nor is Vegas. I’ll be surprised if Ruggs spends less than five years in prison. He could get sentenced even more. Respect to the Raiders for cutting him as soon as he was charged.

he got something to raise his antibodies from his personal doctor, whatever that means - might be something like joe rogan who despite being vaxxed also took bunch of other stuff all prescribed, so no horse medicine as media would have you believe

ruggs can get 2-46 years plus more if they decide to charge him with gun possesion, it would be shocking if he didnt serve at least few years

I’m pretty sure Rogan took everything (mostly valid prescriptions, plus Ivermectin- unproven) after getting Covid? Agree the media got a bit hysterical about it. Better to overdo it, he felt. So be it.

Or are you saying Rodgers probably had Covid before, and had similar treatment? I’d like to read links on that.

I do know one person who had Covid, and got well with a similar treatment to Rogan. Both actual prescribed medicine, plus various natural herbs and such in his case, no controversial stuff. He has yet to be (also) vaccinated, though would not consider himself anti-vax. I wonder if Rodgers falls into this camp? I just can’t find anything that says he had Covid in the past, whether he tested positive for it, or was sick at one point and personally certain he had it, even without a positive test. That’s all. The whole thing lacks details.

Back to Ruggs, I believe he’s looking at two felony charges. One for the DUI death. But also the illegal gun. That carries another sentence. They could likely charge him with several misdemeanors (speeding, reckless driving, endangerment, etc.), but will likely drop those during a plea, or just convert them to heavy fines and license suspensions. There is also a chance they’ll lesser the gun charge, but don’t count on it. Here are two laws to read, and why I say he’ll likely spend a good 5 years behind bars. On top of a bevy of high fines, as he has the cash to pay (for now).

I’m pretty sure Rogan took everything (mostly valid prescriptions, plus Ivermectin- unproven) after getting Covid? Agree the media got a bit hysterical about it. Better to overdo it, he felt. So be it.

Or are you saying Rodgers probably had Covid before, and had similar treatment? I’d like to read links on that.

I do know one person who had Covid, and got well with a similar treatment to Rogan. Both actual prescribed medicine, plus various natural herbs and such in his case, no controversial stuff. He has yet to be (also) vaccinated, though would not consider himself anti-vax. I wonder if Rodgers falls into this camp? I just can’t find anything that says he had Covid in the past, whether he tested positive for it, or was sick at one point and personally certain he had it, even without a positive test. That’s all. The whole thing lacks details.
Agreed...it lacks a lot of details. Back at training camp on August 26, Rodgers was specifically asked by a journalist if he was "vaccinated" and he replied that he was "immunized."

To me "immunized" means vaccinated. I haven't heard the term ever used to imply natural immunity from prior infection. For example, I had a bout of the Delta variant back in Sept experiencing moderate symptoms that self-resolved requiring no medical intervention whatsoever (I posted my story on the coronavirus thread). I don't go around telling people I've been "immunized," I say I've had Covid & explain that have naturally acquired antibodies from prior infection.

And I would think if Rodgers is implying that he's been "immunized" from prior infection that required some type of threatment, he would have gone into further detail. Instead, he's abrupt & ambiguous with his answer and usually Rodgers isn't at a loss for words when addressing the media. Lol. (There have been a few players who refused the vaccine stating on the grounds that they've had prior infection and therefore natural immunity). Rodgers doesn't state this. Did Rodgers have prior infection and therefore natural immunity or did he mislead the journalist implying that he was vaccinated? And what does the GB organization really know about this?

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
he got something to raise his antibodies from his personal doctor, whatever that means - might be something like joe rogan who despite being vaxxed also took bunch of other stuff all prescribed, so no horse medicine as media would have you believe

ruggs can get 2-46 years plus more if they decide to charge him with gun possesion, it would be shocking if he didnt serve at least few years
Joe said that he isn't vaccinated when I saw him talkin with one of the TV docs.

TRENDING THREADS