• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 518 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ruggs should be prosecuted for everything. Second player within a month that had a DUI. If that was a none player they’d get the book thrown at them. Already bad enough but it could have been worse. Just last Friday someone drunk drove off the main rode through someone’s backyard wall and into their kitchen across the street from where I live.

I think Skip and Shannon summed Rodgers up nicely. Whether his team new the whole story at the time is up for debate but he avoided a direct answer and then talked about his teammates that aren’t vaccinated. Now that could cost them the number 1 seed and game against Chiefs and he and the team are most likely going to be fined heavily.

View: https://youtu.be/Z6t0AGW9Vwc

View: https://youtu.be/eiAMkDaV_O4

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
I guess the thing that I understand the least about any player deciding not to get vaccinated is that these guys do everything to win, but they are willing to risk what AR is dealing with now to side-step being vaccinated? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Or the fact they knew he was lying and just hoped he wouldn’t get sick or anyone else finds out. With everything he’s done against the rules and Packers allowing it they all should be fined heavily.

Bit awkward for the league though to be dishing out punishments now. Not only did they have his vax status on record of course but there were also reportedly lengthy communications about it before the start of the season. So at least some league officials knew he was lying too. If there was one player they would have had an eye on it was Rodgers. The league can certainly say that what happens at team facility is the responsibility of the team and that's fine. But their own strict rules were being publicly broken on gameday, particularly those regarding masks yet no action taken which looks a bit odd after all the large fines dished out to coaches last season for forgetting to put their masks back on or not wearing them properly. It's hard not to come to the conclusion that at least some at league HQ were turning a blind eye

Or the fact they knew he was lying and just hoped he wouldn’t get sick or anyone else finds out. With everything he’s done against the rules and Packers allowing it they all should be fined heavily.
That's an entirely different story and I agree with the opinion in the story linked by Alpe on that. I'm looking at it from the standpoint of the things they are willing do to their bodies to prepare to play, and to play week in and week out, year in and year out, but they risk success by choosing not to get what is just another shot for them.

they cant punish rodgers or packers, even tho rodgers technically speaking lied he only lied to media and fans - nobody cares about that

for Packers and NFL he was considered unvaccinated right from the start, so if they whipp out some hilarious slap on the wrist 25k dollar fine or something, its just gonna expose NFL and their inability to handle the situation, because they are reviewing footage from cameras in facilities - so if they wanted to fine somebody that should have been done so in september

i guess a realistic expectation will be some sort of punishment, NFL will protect itself afterall, but if rodgers comes back next week and they beat seattle, nobody will care anymore

as far as why not just get a vaccine, i dont know why players dont do it, if it was offseason be my guest, dont get it, but during season it can cost you games and later even playoff games, it would be a pretty big deal if packers were fighting for playoffs, but since they are leading a terrible division this situation is actually a good oportunity to see jordan love...hilarious outcome would be if rodgers got himself wally pipped by his own (in)actions :D

That's an entirely different story and I agree with the opinion in the story linked by Alpe on that. I'm looking at it from the standpoint of the things they are willing do to their bodies to prepare to play, and to play week in and week out, year in and year out, but they risk success by choosing not to get what is just another shot for them.
Absolutely should be suspended and that’s what my mom thinks will happen.

What I don’t get is people defending Ruggs or Rodgers actions. In Ruggs case saying he is young and didn’t mean to kill anyone. You might not mean to kill someone but you know driving while intoxicated is dangerous, especially in Las Vegas. Every day there is a DUI story. He deserves every repercussion from his actions.

Rodgers deliberately lied and tried to make it look like he was vaccinated and played it off violating the rules and protocol set by the NFL. They are too blame as well with Rodgers and Packers of knowing he is unvaccinated and seeing what he is doing. He has every right not to get vaccinated but he still has to follow the protocol which guaranteed he did not. We don’t even wear the masks all the time in the hospital, no way they are wearing them in the facility and keeping to 3 in a room. On top of him being at parties. There’s no, oh he didn’t lie to the media since they never asked if he was vaccinated or went to clarify. He was straight asked if he was vaccinated and he replied with he is immunized, which you can only be if you are vaccinated. He’s a liar, and that isn’t fair to the opposing players he hugs and talks in their ear that believe he is vaccinated. Wentz, Cousins, etc. all put on masks before seeing the other team, he does not. He does not wear a mask on the indoor media conferences when he is supposed to do it via zoom. All the other players across sports, at least they were honest about not receiving it. And I think Skip said it best, he didn’t get the vaccine for him but for those around him and his job. To protect his wife, family, Shannon and his family, Jenny and her family, and his coworkers at Fox. Rodgers deserves to be fined and if he is suspended, it should be for 8 weeks. The amount of time he has violated the rules. I don’t like it, I like him as a quarterback, but the rules are the rules.

Last edited:
they cant punish rodgers or packers, even tho rodgers technically speaking lied he only lied to media and fans - nobody cares about that
He didn’t just lie to the media, he lied to other teams. When he is in their face and ear talking to them they believe he is vaccinated when he is not. He didn’t even have the respect to protect those around him. Other unvaccinated players wear masks outside or when talking to the other team. Then goes and talks to the media in the room when he is supposed to be over zoom. He broke many rules and there’s not a chance he wore one in the facility if he comes into media meetings with it around his neck or without one.

Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt
I don’t see how anyone can be very forgiving of Ruggs. Getting drunk, falling over and breaking your nose in a bar is something you do when young and dumb. Getting behind the wheel of a car, knowingly drunk, and driving some 100mph over the speed limit, in a residential area, and killing someone in the process cannot possibly be justified in such a manner. In any manner.

We have laws for a reason.

Facts and we just had a NFL player deal with having a DUI and you live in Las Vegas, the city that probably gets the most DUIs or the very least officers looking for it. Everyone knows the negative things that can happen driving under the influence, there is no excuse. Then on top of that going 156 or however fast in a residential, like wtf. Just last Friday a car drove off the main road and crashed through someone’s backyard wall and drove all the way into their kitchen while intoxicated across the street from my community. My parents community, there is a 4 way intersection that every single person has had a car drive through their backyard wall at least once. It’s inexcusable for him and his “friends” or whoever he was with. I get it, you’re supposed to wait two hours per alcohol beverage you drink, no one wants to do that. But there is ride share services, almost any of our friends would come get us if we needed it, heck he could have got a hotel room there.

Last edited:
Absolutely should be suspended and that’s what my mom thinks will happen.

What I don’t get is people defending Ruggs or Rodgers actions. In Ruggs case saying he is young and didn’t mean to kill anyone. You might not mean to kill someone but you know driving while intoxicated is dangerous, especially in Las Vegas. Every day there is a DUI story. He deserves every repercussion from his actions.

Rodgers deliberately lied and tried to make it look like he was vaccinated and played it off violating the rules and protocol set by the NFL. They are too blame as well with Rodgers and Packers of knowing he is unvaccinated and seeing what he is doing. He has every right not to get vaccinated but he still has to follow the protocol which guaranteed he did not. We don’t even wear the masks all the time in the hospital, no way they are wearing them in the facility and keeping to 3 in a room. On top of him being at parties. There’s no, oh he didn’t lie to the media since they never asked if he was vaccinated or went to clarify. He was straight asked if he was vaccinated and he replied with he is immunized, which you can only be if you are vaccinated. He’s a liar, and that isn’t fair to the opposing players he hugs and talks in their ear that believe he is vaccinated. Wentz, Cousins, etc. all put on masks before seeing the other team, he does not. He does not wear a mask on the indoor media conferences when he is supposed to do it via zoom. All the other players across sports, at least they were honest about not receiving it. And I think Skip said it best, he didn’t get the vaccine for him but for those around him and his job. To protect his wife, family, Shannon and his family, Jenny and her family, and his coworkers at Fox. Rodgers deserves to be fined and if he is suspended, it should be for 8 weeks. The amount of time he has violated the rules. I don’t like it, I like him as a quarterback, but the rules are the rules.
I would not want to be judged on my life between 18-22 because I was an arshat. I did a lot of sh*tty things that an older me regrets, and while stationed at Ft. Knox I tried to drink enough bourbon for all of Idaho, but I never did that and drove, nor did I ever kill anyone with a car (drunk or sober). I drank at home (mine and others), grabbed taxis, called people for rides, or slept it off before driving. Those decisions were made while sober so that my addled brain didn't even have to think. He didn't mean to? If I load a gun, point it at someone, pull the trigger, and they die, does it matter if I meant to kill them?

I feel sorry for the life lost. EDIT: her name was Tina.
I feel something for Ruggs too though. I hope that he can survive prison and his demons, come out the other side, and do something good for society.

Last edited:
He didn’t just lie to the media, he lied to other teams. When he is in their face and ear talking to them they believe he is vaccinated when he is not. He didn’t even have the respect to protect those around him. Other unvaccinated players wear masks outside or when talking to the other team. Then goes and talks to the media in the room when he is supposed to be over zoom. He broke many rules and there’s not a chance he wore one in the facility if he comes into media meetings with it around his neck or without one.
Also participated in indoor team meetings, parties, etc.
He was basically breaking rules on a daily basis since that interview.

Also participated in indoor team meetings, parties, etc.
He was basically breaking rules on a daily basis since that interview.
Absolutely, and the Packers allowed it knowing he wasn’t vaccinated at all. I’d agree with Shannon and Skip that they allowed it because they were trying to reconcile their relationship. The NFL is complacent as well considering they knew he wasn’t vaccinated and doing those things. It’s like they didn’t want to punish one of their star quarterbacks and all parties just hoped he didn’t get sick. Sure the NFL can say it’s the Packers responsibility to police Aaron, but after weeks of not seeing that happen they have to step in as the governing body. Who ever is in charge of that side, should be punished as well as Aaron and Packers. Shannon said a million dollar fine and 2nd and 3rd round pick, not just for how long it has been going on but showing the NFL won’t tolerate it then Rodgers getting fined half a mil and being suspended a game or two. It can’t just be a slap on the wrist for both, otherwise that will cause massive outrage with teams previously punished and those following protocol. Heck, how do we know he isn’t the one that got Adams and Lazard sick?

Edit. According to reports today from Rob Demovsky a Packers reporter, the team was asking Rodgers to wear a mask but he ignored them.

In other news, OBJ rumored to Bucs if he is released. I don’t see how that would be possible to play Evans, Brown, Godwin, and the others in the addition of OBJ. Of course it adds great depth and dynamics as well as keeping the players fresher but at that point there is too many chiefs.

Last edited:
rodgers just said he cant get vaccinated because he is alergic to something in mRNA vaccines, and cant get J&J vaccine because of clotting issues

i dont know why he didnt lead with that, it would be totally understandable

edit: lmao he went full scorched earth, i love it ... always appreciate when athletes stop giving a f***

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
I would presume he would have medical documentation that he presented to the NFL that he was one of the hyper rare individuals who could have an anaphylaxis reaction to either mRNA vaccines. If not, he's lying, still. Same with the clotting.

Next, I know someone who has a history of several allergies, and raised concern about anaphylaxis to all three vaccines here in the US. It turns out, a LOT of people are prone to anaphylaxis from many things, but that doesn't translate directly to mRNA vaccines. So if Rodgers tries to blow smoke saying he's severely allergic to bee stings, peanuts, egg yokes, penicillin, prickly pair, and other things, that does not translate into a link to mRNA vaccines. He'd have to have a medically documented severe reaction to (straight off Moderna's website and fact sheet, Pfizer is similar, but not entirely, if someone wants to look them up): SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate trihydrate, and sucrose.

Even then, there is debate on the issue, with some websites saying it's acceptable to receive the vaccine in a medical facility, and be closely monitored. If the person has a reaction, there is staff seconds away ready to administer epinephrine, oxygen, or other drugs, or even in the absolute rarest of situations, be taken to the ER.

How rare is it? According to the CDC, in initial studies, there were 21 cases were determined to be anaphylaxis in over 2 million injections. Put another way, less than one in a million. It may actually be lower. In phase 3 trials for Pfizer, less than 1% of people suffered a severe reaction in the entire pool, while some of those people had received a placebo. By pure numbers, that's one in two million people.

Then there's the issue of clotting. Nearly every case with the J&J vaccine of clotting was in women on birth control, of which nearly all birth control medication has a higher % of clotting than the J&J vaccine otherwise. A surprising amount of things can cause a higher level of clotting reported in the J&J vaccine. Clotting can be life threatening, but not like it was 30 years ago. The patient must be monitored, but rapid treatment works well. Even with all this, the statistics are so very low, you're far more likely to be hit by lightening, killed in a dog attack, eaten by a shark, or killed in a plane crash than get a clot from the J&J vaccine. It's insanely low.

Not only would Rodgers have lead with this, the NFL would have likely mentioned it as well. Right now, I don't buy what Rodgers says, and if he magically shows up with documents, it's going to appear a bit like a post-dated cycling TUE.

So, what do you suppose the odds are that not only does Rodgers fall into the one in two million stat with the mRNA vaccines, but also has such a severe history of clotting....

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

https://www.fda.gov/media/144638/do...d-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine#additional

I mean, if he has clotting issues he has no reason to play a contact sport like football. Any of his breaks, fractures, or concussions could have led him to bleed out with his body not being able to clot. Internally and externally. Heck, any normal tackle could cause massive damage inside his body if it’s not able to clot.
Of course the clotting issue could have happened this off-season.

I'll just say it straight up: AR is an fn liar!

Facts, and he literally could have just gave actual reasons why he didn’t want it and was seeking alternatives. Vast majority would not have had a problem with it. All he did was raise his WBC count.
And no, if he can’t wear a mask in the media room that is attached to the facility there is no way he is constantly wearing one inside.

View: https://youtu.be/K3jM13A7OEw

Then he talks about how it’s good he got covid because his immunity will be stronger and he can’t get it again. Pat and AJ almost laughed in his face when he said he consulted Joe Rogan about what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt
Well, I will agree with what he said at the end. While he did not follow protocol and deceived people, the NFL (and Packers) can determine any fines or suspensions, it truly is his business between himself and his doctors how he's treated. Whether that's with proven, or unproven medication, it's his body. I just hope he's more responsible and follows rules better in the future.

This isn't however like the flu, because it's more deadly, and far more contagious. Though he didn't say that specifically.

Glad he's supporting Jordan Love.

Of course you can get Covid twice. Tens of thousands of people have.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Aaron should have hired me as his PR agent. Here's what he should have said:

During one of the many Covid-19 tests I take, I tested positive the other day. This was both unfortunate, and surprising. I currently have no symptoms, will quarantine under doctor supervision, and expect to recover soon.

I am not anti-vaccine at all, but have been hesitant for several personal reasons. I believed it was quite possible that I was infected by the virus, and recovered in the early days of the pandemic, before there was widespread testing, let alone a vaccine available. I also have taken extensive steps to improve my immune system as much as possible naturally, as my body and health are very important to me. This caused me to believe that I was highly unlikely to contract the virus, let alone get ill from it. I regret using the word "immunized" when asked about this previously. There are also many past cases of severe allergies, as well as blood clotting in my family, which added to my hesitancy in getting a vaccine.

My apologies to fans, the team and league, especially my fellow players for all the confusion during this time. I was as forthcoming as possible to those around me, but if anyone was unaware of my situation and feels as though I was not open, or put them at risk, I apologize to them.

Granted, part of this may not be factual, or true. I still haven't found out if he felt he had Covid before. It appears not. I don't know his family history. But PR isn't about that. It's very often about spinning things, like it or not.

Had he released something akin to this, the entire thing would have pretty much blown over pretty quickly, replaced within hours with the next next football news cycle.

Well, I will agree with what he said at the end. While he did not follow protocol and deceived people, the NFL (and Packers) can determine any fines or suspensions, it truly is his business between himself and his doctors how he's treated. Whether that's with proven, or unproven medication, it's his body. I just hope he's more responsible and follows rules better in the future.

This isn't however like the flu, because it's more deadly, and far more contagious. Though he didn't say that specifically.

Glad he's supporting Jordan Love.

Of course you can get Covid twice. Tens of thousands of people have.
Absolutely, he can treat his body how he wants to but that isn’t the issue people have with him right now. He misinformed opposing players and those he interacted with outside the facility thinking he is vaccinated and having less odds of getting covid.

Aaron should have hired me as his PR agent. Here's what he should have said:

During one of the many Covid-19 tests I take, I tested positive the other day. This was both unfortunate, and surprising. I currently have no symptoms, will quarantine under doctor supervision, and expect to recover soon.

I am not anti-vaccine at all, but have been hesitant for several personal reasons. I believed it was quite possible that I was infected by the virus, and recovered in the early days of the pandemic, before there was widespread testing, let alone a vaccine available. I also have taken extensive steps to improve my immune system as much as possible naturally, as my body and health are very important to me. This caused me to believe that I was highly unlikely to contract the virus, let alone get ill from it. I regret using the word "immunized" when asked about this previously. There are also many past cases of severe allergies, as well as blood clotting in my family, which added to my hesitancy in getting a vaccine.

My apologies to fans, the team and league, especially my fellow players for all the confusion during this time. I was as forthcoming as possible to those around me, but if anyone was unaware of my situation and feels as though I was not open, or put them at risk, I apologize to them.

Granted, part of this may not be factual, or true. I still haven't found out if he felt he had Covid before. It appears not. I don't know his family history. But PR isn't about that. It's very often about spinning things, like it or not.

Had he released something akin to this, the entire thing would have pretty much blown over pretty quickly, replaced within hours with the next next football news cycle.
The ghost writer we all need.

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS