• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 566 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Are you effing kidding me? Unbelievable! :eek:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jmdirt
Apparently it's a meniscus tear and bone bruise. Unknown the extent of the tear, but it's likely he'll be out at least a month, maybe three or longer. Unlike an ACL, the meniscus can be protected better with a brace. NBA players usually suffer more from such injuries as the meniscus comes into play more when jumping and landing. Zach would be less mobile, but may be okay.

If they wanted to take more of a risk, at a very low cost, they could sign Colin Kaepernick. NY is one city that would mostly accept the signing. They could then start Joe Flacco, and when he (inevitably) fails, if they don't want to play Mike White, see what Kaep could do.

I think Jimmy G is a much more likely move though at this point if Zach is out for an extended period of time.

there’s been some saying he got it from jumping on and off all the cougars he sees.

The only teams I see taking Colin are the ones in Madden in order to trade him for draft picks or players. He’s 34 now and 6 years removed from playing when he relied more on his athletic ability and mobility for passing vs the pocket passing. I think he could be a good coach for newer players if he wanted to. NY would definitely be a big market for him. I wouldn’t want him to come back though and get injured from his body not being used to game day and the punishment.

Apparently it's a meniscus tear and bone bruise. Unknown the extent of the tear, but it's likely he'll be out at least a month, maybe three or longer. Unlike an ACL, the meniscus can be protected better with a brace. NBA players usually suffer more from such injuries as the meniscus comes into play more when jumping and landing. Zach would be less mobile, but may be okay.

If they wanted to take more of a risk, at a very low cost, they could sign Colin Kaepernick. NY is one city that would mostly accept the signing. They could then start Joe Flacco, and when he (inevitably) fails, if they don't want to play Mike White, see what Kaep could do.

I think Jimmy G is a much more likely move though at this point if Zach is out for an extended period of time.
Wilson certainly dodge a bullet on the initial fear of an ACL tear. It looks like they're going to do a meniscectomy (2-4 weeks) vs meniscal repair (season ending). We'll have to wait & see if the injury has a significant effect on his mobility throughout the season.

there’s been some saying he got it from jumping on and off all the cougars he sees.

The only teams I see taking Colin are the ones in Madden in order to trade him for draft picks or players. He’s 34 now and 6 years removed from playing when he relied more on his athletic ability and mobility for passing vs the pocket passing. I think he could be a good coach for newer players if he wanted to. NY would definitely be a big market for him. I wouldn’t want him to come back though and get injured from his body not being used to game day and the punishment.
Bizarre situation with Kaep. When some teams were interested in watching him work out a few seasons ago, he put all these conditions on the workout. He gave me the impression he was only 75% into a real comeback once he realized that no one wanted him as a starter. He could probably find a media role even though he isn't really a TV type personality but that hasn't stopped others getting a job.......... after almost 6 seasons I think he's done unless the league sees an avalanche of QB injuries in s short space of time.

So far nothing serious from the injury.

• Wow

So far nothing serious from the injury.
Probably downplaying it to avoid a media rush, still nothing too serious though.

flacco.....? Wait! YOU DON'T MEAN JOE FLACCO!

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
flacco.....? Wait! YOU DON'T MEAN JOE FLACCO!
I sure do! Super Bowl XLVII MVP!!! :hushed:

And the same guy who's had a QBR and/or passer rating somewhere about the 20-25th best in the NFL ever since, a winning record of 26-38 over the last seven seasons, and 2-11 in his last three. He's never won a game as a Jet over the last two years.

That Joe Flacco.

After his SB win, I thought he was one of the best QBs in the league. And maybe at that time he was, but that sure didn't last long. His time in both Denver and NY have been quite frankly awful.

I sure do! Super Bowl XLVII MVP!!! :hushed:

And the same guy who's had a QBR and/or passer rating somewhere about the 20-25th best in the NFL ever since, a winning record of 26-38 over the last seven seasons, and 2-11 in his last three. He's never won a game as a Jet over the last two years.

That Joe Flacco.

After his SB win, I thought he was one of the best QBs in the league. And maybe at that time he was, but that sure didn't last long. His time in both Denver and NY have been quite frankly awful.
At least Osweiler had the decency to retire.........cashed up........

And Geno needs to calm down. Feet start getting happy too early but he's also not confident about the line just yet. Lock did have a few good passes but the running game set that up.
Any chance Lock starts or does it look like headset & clipboard? This is the guy that Elway said he reminded him of himself. From the archives: :smile:

Any chance Lock starts or does it look like headset & clipboard? This is the guy that Elway said he reminded him of himself. From the archives: :smile:

Elway was a slower study even with the coaching he'd hand since the womb IMO. If that's the case; Drew might get some Administrative time to learn the offense and blend. Neither QB looked 100% tuned in but they're playing with a wild roster of good running backs and new receivers so more weeks will help.

Neither QB looked 100% tuned in but they're playing with a wild roster of good running backs and new receivers so more weeks will help.
Keep in mind Seattle still has one of the weakest OL's in the league. Every analysis you look at says they are completely re-building, after being a mess for the last five years. That doesn't help Geno, or Lock, but my gut tells me with a fairly good QB class likely in the 2023 draft, that's where the Seahawks are looking, headed. The way the NFL works, this team could be set-up pretty well for 2024-2027, by which Pete Caroll will likely retire.

Brock Osweiler has to be one of the most financially savvy players in NFL history. That huge contract, mostly paid for by Houston, to have him not even play in Cleveland, then go back to Denver, the one team where he did play fairly well, was a stroke of planning, and luck (he netted about $20m for it). Dude also got a ring, playing well during the season for that SB winning team, the one that Peyton Manning started, and played, against Carolina. Was smart enough to keep his mouth shut, not complain, not piss anyone off. Not a great player, at all, but as time passes, people will remember him for some good games in a SB winning season in Denver, with that ring on his finger. That was his career. Oh, and he retired making over $40m, in the limited time he did actually play. Not bad.

Keep in mind Seattle still has one of the weakest OL's in the league. Every analysis you look at says they are completely re-building, after being a mess for the last five years. That doesn't help Geno, or Lock, but my gut tells me with a fairly good QB class likely in the 2023 draft, that's where the Seahawks are looking, headed. The way the NFL works, this team could be set-up pretty well for 2024-2027, by which Pete Caroll will likely retire.

Brock Osweiler has to be one of the most financially savvy players in NFL history. That huge contract, mostly paid for by Houston, to have him not even play in Cleveland, then go back to Denver, the one team where he did play fairly well, was a stroke of planning, and luck (he netted about $20m for it). Dude also got a ring, playing well during the season for that SB winning team, the one that Peyton Manning started, and played, against Carolina. Was smart enough to keep his mouth shut, not complain, not piss anyone off. Not a great player, at all, but as time passes, people will remember him for some good games in a SB winning season in Denver, with that ring on his finger. That was his career. Oh, and he retired making over $40m, in the limited time he did actually play. Not bad.
Local scrimmage reports that Lock is taking the first string snaps. What that means is anyone's guess other than he may play the first two quarters rather than the last. It may also mean Seattle wants to showcase talent for a trade or mean nothing at all.

Deshaun Watson suspended 11 games and fined $5m in a settlement. What a debacle for the NFL. It's just incredulous that Sue Robinson, a former federal judge, in her independent ruling felt he only needed to be suspended six games, with NO fine at all. This was such a huge, egregious lapse in judgment, even Watson and the Browns knew this was absurd, and pushed them to the bargaining table with Goodell and the NFL where they accepted nearly double that.

Because of their bye week, Watson won't be available until week 13, against Houston, his old team. Sefanik said he won't play again this preseason. I have to believe this has more to do with outrage, than simply getting Brissett the needed snaps.

The Browns schedule for the first 11 games looks like this:

@carolina
Jets
Pittsburgh
@ Atlanta
Chargers
Patriots
@Baltimore
Cincy
Bye
@Miami
@Buffalo
Tampa

This team is loaded with talent, and may have the best OL in the league. Maybe the best run game in the league. That schedule starts somewhat friendly, but ends after that. They could easily start 3-1, only to wind up 5-6 by the time Watson plays. After he does arrive, rust and all:

@ Houston (imagine the boos then!)
@ Cincy
Baltimore
New Orleans
@Washington
@Pittsburgh (if either team is still fighting for a WC spot at this point, this will be one of the most hostile environments in memory)

Shame a team stacked now, is planning for 2024, hoping things pan out. The exact opposite of how everything De Podestra, Barry, and Stefanik supposedly operate (deep planers).

Osweiler playing well against NE in the regular season and helping lead the team to victory secured DEN as the one seed. Maybe the game goes differently in NE and Gostkowski doesn’t miss the PAT, but the Broncos DL still would have been fierce while NE’s OL was close to none existent. Osweiler then passed off DEN by leaving and making his money, tot hen return to DEN. You honestly can’t be sad about a career he had in my opinion. Made a lot of money, helped the team to a Super Bowl, and didn’t take as many hits.

Deshaun Watson suspended 11 games and fined $5m in a settlement. What a debacle for the NFL. It's just incredulous that Sue Robinson, a former federal judge, in her independent ruling felt he only needed to be suspended six games, with NO fine at all. This was such a huge, egregious lapse in judgment, even Watson and the Browns knew this was absurd, and pushed them to the bargaining table with Goodell and the NFL where they accepted nearly double that.

Because of their bye week, Watson won't be available until week 13, against Houston, his old team. Sefanik said he won't play again this preseason. I have to believe this has more to do with outrage, than simply getting Brissett the needed snaps.

The Browns schedule for the first 11 games looks like this:

@carolina
Jets
Pittsburgh
@ Atlanta
Chargers
Patriots
@Baltimore
Cincy
Bye
@Miami
@Buffalo
Tampa

This team is loaded with talent, and may have the best OL in the league. Maybe the best run game in the league. That schedule starts somewhat friendly, but ends after that. They could easily start 3-1, only to wind up 5-6 by the time Watson plays. After he does arrive, rust and all:

@ Houston (imagine the boos then!)
@ Cincy
Baltimore
New Orleans
@Washington
@Pittsburgh (if either team is still fighting for a WC spot at this point, this will be one of the most hostile environments in memory)

Shame a team stacked now, is planning for 2024, hoping things pan out. The exact opposite of how everything De Podestra, Barry, and Stefanik supposedly operate (deep planers).
I never understood the Robinson recommendation. Don't see them making a play for Jimmy G now somehow. Jimmy's shoulder op was bad timing as well but he is throwing the ball at the moment just not with his team. Jets QB won't be out too long. Still hard to place Jimmy on another roster at the moment unless the Hawks and Giants wait until he's cut and see how their seasons are progressing. McVay also seems quite concerned about Stafford's elbow tendonitis which he played with last season.

Last edited:
Araiza punted the laces off of the ball in college so this isn't too surprising, but still impressive. If he can learn to kick it 80 yards and check up before the goal line, that would really be something. If the Bills offense is what it should be this year, Matt won't have enough field in front of him very often to repeat this.

EDIT: the NFL blocked sharing the link, but you can find it all over the www.

Reactions: Nomad

TRENDING THREADS