• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Native American or First Nation Cyclist

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I am researching on ethnic cyclist and was looking for professional cyclist that may be from an American Indian or Canadian Indian backgrounds. Any help or direction would be great.

Many thanks,

Alfeo

A

Anonymous

According to Vaughters, Tommy D. I think they are putting him on a free range seal meat diet this year, and evidently, Tommy thinks he will win the tour because of it.

After the entire Garmin team was stricken with celiac disease this year, I'm sure that will lead to great results, especially for someone like Tom who on any given day can beat anyone in the world. :rolleyes:

Was Alcala of indigenous blood, or Mestizo? Let me see if I can put my thinking cap on, and do some research.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Hey I don't care if Tom Danielson is Inuit, please refrain from racism. Poor taste mate.

????...uhhh.....okay

Plus, I hear that seal meat is quite tasty, so nothing poor about it.

Oh, and take your PC Gaypublic of Dopeafornia (not original, I heard it on TV last night) sensibilities and shove them up your...well, you get the picture.

Thoughtforfood said:
????...uhhh.....okay

Plus, I hear that seal meat is quite tasty, so nothing poor about it.

Oh, and take your PC Gaypublic of Dopeafornia (not original, I heard it on TV last night) sensibilities and shove them up your...well, you get the picture.

So anyways .... what is the forum record for how few posts it takes to get locked?

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Hey I don't care if Tom Danielson is Inuit, please refrain from racism. Poor taste mate.

And don't call me "mate." I am not Australian. You can call me "dude" though.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
????...uhhh.....okay

Just pure comic genius, that one was.

A

Anonymous

filipo said:
Just pure comic genius, that one was.

And I misquoted, it is "The Peoples Gaypublic of Dopeafornia"...My wife is from Cali and lived in San Fran, and she almost fell of the couch laughing.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
It has to take more to lock it than this! I found TFF's post quite good about the seal meat.

Sorry OP I got nothing for you, I live in the southwest where everyone is Hopi and Navajo. All of famous native americans I know of were runners.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't remember his first name, but there was a strong flat-lander who used to race the Southeastern US circuit back in the mid 1980's named "Lips" Jimmerson. I can't remember the tribe, but he was Native American. That guy wore some cool jerseys with custom beadwork done by some of the women in his family. Cool dude.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
native cyclist

Hincapie and Freddie Rodriguez are Colombian. Many Natives race in the southof border.
Here we have some good Latin riders. Most have some native blood.
Cycling in U.S. is pretty much a white mans sport.
I figure the typical 1.2o/o# cycling participation in natives or breeds typical in Canada U.S.
Many Native Americans choose not to give their race.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The boss

I choose not to eat marine animals. I live by the ocean but I do eat chicken.
If I was with the Shackelton party I would indeed enjoy a large sea leapard.
I don't know why people make fun of Tom Danielson because he is Inuit.
If you want to make fun of me it is OK to hurt my one feeling.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I choose not to eat marine animals. I live by the ocean but I do eat chicken.
If I was with the Shackelton party I would indeed enjoy a large sea leapard.
I don't know why people make fun of Tom Danielson because he is Inuit.
If you want to make fun of me it is OK to hurt my one feeling.

Dolphin is very high in protein. You are missing out. I don't think anyone was insulting Tommy so much as pointing out a comment about his alleged mixed heritage and referring to stereotypes about Inuit/Eskimo diet. Like suggesting a Maritime cyclist was fueled by lobster.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Cut the crap and stay on topic.

Susan

You're right. Sorry. I don't know of any Canadian First Nations or Inuit road cyclists, there likely are some in the mtb scene but I don't know many names below the upper echelon. Plenty of hockey players though, including Jordin Tootoo who hails from a tiny remote Inuit village in Nunavut. Awesome story. Tough kid. I'm off topic again. He has probably eaten plenty of seal though.

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:
Dolphin is very high in protein. You are missing out. I don't think anyone was insulting Tommy so much as pointing out a comment about his alleged mixed heritage and referring to stereotypes about Inuit/Eskimo diet. Like suggesting a Maritime cyclist was fueled by lobster.

Thank you. My point was entirely a rhetorical comment on the ridiculous nature of the Vaughters "we just eat better" brigade and Tommy D's most recent interview. Flicker got his panties in a wad about it, but that is his deal. Its funny how many people I see pointing out prejudice in the minute details of everything, but never examining their own.

I am also a bit unmoved by Flicker's "hey, I can take the bullet, but leave Tommy alone" post. Way to take a big risk there Gandhi.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The best

I don't really like Danielson nor Garmin team. They can eat what they want but they are so pretentious.
I like to joke to but heres a funny one. This year in Northern Canada in a remote Indian village they radioed that they needed help. I aussume they needed doctors and swine flu vaccine. The villagers were sent a care package of body bags.
The way I hear it in the Dakotas and Canada if you are native american you are treated worse then a piece of cattle. Not the bovines from India.
Joke on Maynard.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
I don't really like Danielson nor Garmin team. They can eat what they want but they are so pretentious.
I like to joke to but heres a funny one. This year in Northern Canada in a remote Indian village they radioed that they needed help. I aussume they needed doctors and swine flu vaccine. The villagers were sent a care package of body bags.
The way I hear it in the Dakotas and Canada if you are native american you are treated worse then a piece of cattle. Not the bovines from India.
Joke on Maynard.

...uh.....okay.......hey, Debbie Downer, you got any sad stories about clowns?

TRENDING THREADS