• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Naturally high hematocrit levels

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

karlboss said:
I thought cadel held the record at the AIS at or just over 90 for Vo2. Not that it makes much difference.

Yeh that's what I originally thought too!

They talk to a guy at the AIS about Cadel, and they said when he came in as a teenager he pulled out some extraordinary results. I think they said that his results are still the best ever, and I was expecting them to reveal the number of 90, but they just said he has consistently posted high 80s. Perhaps Cadel was not to keen to say that ONCE he posted over 90, becoz he discusses how the test can be quite variable

The more I read, the more it suggests to me he is clean, because the guys they 'interview' in that book said that his natural ability was just out of this world as a teenager... and who dopes when they are 15 without much money...?

Interestingly, when he placed 3rd in the Junior Worlds TT in 1995, he rode Robbie McEwen's TT bike, and he only rode that TT bike a few days earlier and decided he wanted to enter the TT... pretty amazing stuff. No training, and 3rd place.

I recommend the book to any cycling fan wanting an in depth read about how he got to where he is

TRENDING THREADS