• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Many people seem to think it's already over and Golden State can't be beat and definitely not by the Cavs anyway. Cavs defense is a worry. Toronto looked poor against the Bucks who have a very young team and probably have their best years ahead of them. If the Raptors lose the next game it's hard to see them getting out of this series. Bucks are doing well and without Jabari.

I'm barely paying attention, but my guess is unless SA can upset GS, then the Warriors will win it all. I can see another GS-Cle matchup, for the third year in a row (so much for the parity ol' Dan Stern was saying the new CBA would accomplish). If we do get GS vs. the Cavs, I see a 4-0 sweep by GS. Maybe 4-1 with the Cavs winning one game at home. Actually, I see GS maybe sweeping any team from the east in the finals.

The Bucks have the job ahead to square the series with the Raptors. Not finishing off Game 2 cost them so has their lack of playoff experience as acknowledged by Jason Kidd. Toronto made the right changes and seem to have the Bucks figured out now. I agree with what many are saying about the Bucks. They will be much better in a season or two and with a few additional pieces. Can't see the Raptors getting past Cleveland.

One of the more boring playoffs I've ever seen. Yeah, it appears that it will be Cleveland vs Golden State in the finals for the third straight season. Assuming that the Spurs finish off the Rockets, I think the Warriors will lose at least one game in the WCF, but more than likely they will go to the finals. After that it depends what the league decides and how friendly (or unfriendly) the refs are.

BullsFan22 said:
One of the more boring playoffs I've ever seen. Yeah, it appears that it will be Cleveland vs Golden State in the finals for the third straight season. Assuming that the Spurs finish off the Rockets, I think the Warriors will lose at least one game in the WCF, but more than likely they will go to the finals. After that it depends what the league decides and how friendly (or unfriendly) the refs are.

The Spurs injury issues won't help them but a Cavs v Golden State final looks a foregone conclusion.

Semper Fidelis said:
After that performance from James Harden last night vs the Spurs,,,, I don't think Harden has what it takes to be a winner. That was embarrassing.

No Leonard (the best player on the Spurs and one of top players in the NBA), no Parker, Duncan retired last year, a 90 year old Ginobili, and the Rockets still lose by 40? Yeah, Harden will not be a winner. Can't play defense and can't inspire his teammates.

BullsFan22 said:
Semper Fidelis said:
After that performance from James Harden last night vs the Spurs,,,, I don't think Harden has what it takes to be a winner. That was embarrassing.

No Leonard (the best player on the Spurs and one of top players in the NBA), no Parker, Duncan retired last year, a 90 year old Ginobili, and the Rockets still lose by 40? Yeah, Harden will not be a winner. Can't play defense and can't inspire his teammates.

His support is minimal compared to the Spurs. Where the Spurs can lose Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker, they still have LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol, two all-star big men, strong in the area that the Rockets are the weakest.

Of course Harden plays defense sporadically but considering the burden he carries, it's understandable. I think he just hit the wall after a season of big minutes and big responsibility. The Rockets need to bring in another elite player to lessen the load on Harden. Teams can easily load up on the Rockets by focusing on Harden knowing that with him neutralized the Rockets are a substandard team. His impressive stat line for the season was good for pr and ticket sales, but just like Westbrook, a more balanced team will always come out ahead in a 7 game series as both teams become more familiar with the other's tendencies, strengths and weaknesses.

BullsFan22 said:
Semper Fidelis said:

And the Spurs have a coach who knows how to win.

Celtics win on the road in Cleveland without star point guard Isaiah Thomas. How about that? So what does that tell the Celtics in relation to the upcoming NBA draft, where the Celtics have the number one overall pick? I know that was just one game and LeBron played poorly but still you have to wonder if the Celtics front office might be looking for a long-term situation at point guard. And with the number one overall pick might the Celts just take UCLA's Lonzo Ball? Yesterday's win by the Celtics just might upset helicopter dad Lavar Ball's plan for son Lonzo to be drafted by the Lakers at the number 2 overall pick.

Re:

on3m@n@rmy said:
Celtics win on the road in Cleveland without star point guard Isaiah Thomas. How about that? So what does that tell the Celtics in relation to the upcoming NBA draft, where the Celtics have the number one overall pick? I know that was just one game and LeBron played poorly but still you have to wonder if the Celtics front office might be looking for a long-term situation at point guard. And with the number one overall pick might the Celts just take UCLA's Lonzo Ball? Yesterday's win by the Celtics just might upset helicopter dad Lavar Ball's plan for son Lonzo to be drafted by the Lakers at the number 2 overall pick.

The Celtics also had to overcome some unreal officiating. 36 FTA's for the Cavaliers, 12 for the Celtics, for starters. Yes Lebron didn't play well, but to say the Celtics deserved this game is an understatement.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

BullsFan22 said:
on3m@n@rmy said:

The Celtics also had to overcome some unreal officiating. 36 FTA's for the Cavaliers, 12 for the Celtics, for starters. Yes Lebron didn't play well, but to say the Celtics deserved this game is an understatement.
Wish there was a like button on here!
Nice take.

Lebron even close to MJ? NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

He is good and he is in the Legend room but MJ? No way

Hakeem the Dream would never have had a game like that. Charles no Champ Bklay..... would not have had a game like that. Carl overhallls malone nnnnnnno chance.

I was dumbfounded by that game. I made coin off of it and was still in shock.

Re: Re:

Semper Fidelis said:
BullsFan22 said:
on3m@n@rmy said:

Wish there was a like button on here!
Nice take.

Lebron even close to MJ? NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

He is good and he is in the Legend room but MJ? No way

Hakeem the Dream would never have had a game like that. Charles no Champ Bklay..... would not have had a game like that. Carl overhallls malone nnnnnnno chance.

I was dumbfounded by that game. I made coin off of it and was still in shock.

It's like comparing Contador to Merckx, in my opinion.

Lebron is a great player, one of the best athletes the NBA has had, but he's not even close to MJ.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
My prediction is holding up, and I'm sticking to it. Three sweeps in a row now for the Warriors. Next up will be Cleveland, who they will beat probably 4-1.
I don't know if that is going to hold up.

I thought last year was a walk and what happened?

But this year GS is deep. So could be as easy or easier than you say.

Cleveland's renaissance in last year's final coincided with Green's meltdown and resulting suspension and Andrew Bogut's permanent departure due to injury. No interior defense meant Cleveland had the freedom to reign in the paint and penetrating to the hole. They were down 3-1 at the point of these two departures.

Good post my old friend, I concur.

GS was also playing too loose, maybe too overconfident last year, and the bad officiating (against both teams, to be fair) threw them off as well. This year's Warriors seem to have a take no prisoners attitude. They are 28-1 in their last 29 games, and 12-0 in the playoffs. Their blowout of the Spurs looked like they were playing the Sixers.

TRENDING THREADS