• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
#15 St. Peter's run came to an unfortunate end in the Elite Eight (!), but they gave it all they had, so much respect to them. I just love these Cinderella teams because they know they've got nothing to lose, so they play their hearts out in each and every game.

Not much left for me to root for, so I'll be pulling with the Tar Heels. The duel between them and Duke should be epic.

Saturday will have two amazing games with storylines
Kansas vs Villanova(Lesser of the two games, but how will Villanova deal with the loss of one of their best players)
Duke vs UNC(Tobacco Road Rivalry, Coach K final game potentially against UNC, first ever tournament meeting, etc.)

I predict it will be Duke vs Kansas battling it out on Monday night.
My only prediction right now is Duke v. UNC will be the most watched game this entire tourney (amongst those who actually watch and follow college hoops, not just the bracket masters), on paper Duke should be able to win. But who knows... hopefully it'll be a great and memorable game.

Good luck to your team, at any rate!

I imagine they would try to promote within. Think North Carolina - the legendary Roy Williams retires last year & long-time assistant Hubert Davis gets the job. Davis also played at NC (1988 - 92). Though they went only 23-8 in the regular season, they're in the finals & that's all you can ask of a top-tier iconic basketball program.

I'd be surprised if there isn't any qualified assistants at Duke to take over the reigns of Coach K.

Last edited:
I imagine they would try to promote within. Think North Carolina - the legendary Roy Williams retires last year & long-time assistant Hubert Davis gets the job. Davis also played at NC (1988 - 92). Though they went only 23-8 in the regular season, they're in the finals & that's all you can ask of a top-tier iconic basketball program.

I'd be surprised if there isn't any qualified assistants at Duke to take over the reigns of Coach K.
If it's not too personal, which school in the US have you attended and graduated from? (I'm a UW Husky, so I will readily commit to the mere idea that we usually suck at basketball.)

Having said that I think Kansas has the upper hand in the final, but am still pulling with the Tar Heels. (Just because I remember and feel sentimental about watching Michael Jordan play way back when.)

If it's not too personal, which school in the US have you attended and graduated from? (I'm a UW Husky, so I will readily commit to the mere idea that we usually suck at basketball.)

Having said that I think Kansas has the upper hand in the final, but am still pulling with the Tar Heels. (Just because I remember and feel sentimental about watching Michael Jordan play way back when.)
Army
Lewis-Clark State (ID)
University of Idaho
Idaho State University

LC has 20+ NAIA World Series Baseball titles, but other than that none of my alma maters have 'big time' sports teams.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider