• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Excited to see Boston vs likely Brooklyn(as a Celts fan I hope to crush them) and Golden State vs Denver which can be the most interesting series in my opinion.
Celtics fan here too, always believed the J's would put it together and very happy Marcus is finally getting the recognition he deserves. People completely ignored the fact his play was dictated by other players love of iso.

Reactions: Jumbo Visma Fan :)
Excited to see Boston vs likely Brooklyn(as a Celts fan I hope to crush them) and Golden State vs Denver which can be the most interesting series in my opinion.
We're not very optimistic here in Denver since Murray has been officially ruled out for the playoffs. This means Murray has missed the entire 21-22 season due to the ACL reconstruction (there was speculation that he would be ready by playoff time but his progress has been slower than anticipated).

This leaves the Joker to carry the team & that looks like an insurmountable burden against the likes of the Curry-Thompson-Green trifecta.

Nuggets probably go down in the 1st rd.

Some stellar performances by different youngsters on the first day of the play-offs. Minnesota continuing their good spirit.

Doncic likely to miss game 2 as well. I hope he gets back soon. Dallas has little chance without him against Utah.

Really enjoying how Trae Young is strugling right now against the Heat. He has to be one of the most annoying players in the league.

Game one Boston vs BKN was insane, I thought Smart was going to pull up from three and I was about to yell. If these games go like this one I’m going to have a heart attack.
Yeah, what a crazy 4th quarter. Boston with a big lead, Kyrie seemingly getting more and more motivated by the booing and going crazy, but very poor last minute by the Nets and well executed possessions by the Celtics.

The Nets clearly seemed to miss length on the defensive side. Either they need to insert Aldridge in the rotation, or possibly even better hope that Simmons can play soon. Best defender in the league in my eyes when healthy.

Yeah, what a crazy 4th quarter. Boston with a big lead, Kyrie seemingly getting more and more motivated by the booing and going crazy, but very poor last minute by the Nets and well executed possessions by the Celtics.

The Nets clearly seemed to miss length on the defensive side. Either they need to insert Aldridge in the rotation, or possibly even better hope that Simmons can play soon. Best defender in the league in my eyes when healthy.
That crowd is loud, I was at game 4 last year and the anger towards Kyrie was yelled out the whole game, which most Boston fans including myself feel. I’m surprised how you can concentrate with the noise.

• Love
Reactions: Bonimenier
That crowd is loud, I was at game 4 last year and the anger towards Kyrie was yelled out the whole game, which most Boston fans including myself feel. I’m surprised how you can concentrate with the noise.
That's awesome. One day I need to plan a trip to the US during the playoffs and go watch a game. Atmosphere always looks and sounds crazy.

It's remarkable how often players who are getting boo'ed the full 48 minutes are playing crazy good.

With his 38-point performance on Saturday, Tyrese Maxey became the first 76ers' player with the most points in their first postseason game since Allen Iverson and he also joined LeBron James (three times) and Magic Johnson (once) as the only players in NBA playoff history to score at least 38 points at 22 years old
The bolded part is formulated weird, no idea what you mean with it.

The second part is completely untrue. Just last year both Doncic and Young scored more than 38 points on multiple occasions at the age of 22. A lot of other players have as well. After a quick search Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, DRose and possibly others are amongst active players who also scored more than 38 at the age of 22. And then we're not even looking at players who did it before turning 22, like most recently Ja Morant last year, or Doncic in his first playoff game ever both at the age of 21.

The bolded part is formulated weird, no idea what you mean with it.

The second part is completely untrue. Just last year both Doncic and Young scored more than 38 points on multiple occasions at the age of 22. A lot of other players have as well. After a quick search Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, DRose and possibly others are amongst active players who also scored more than 38 at the age of 22. And then we're not even looking at players who did it before turning 22, like most recently Ja Morant last year, or Doncic in his first playoff game ever both at the age of 21.
Jayson Tatum did it 3 times, twice scoring 39 points and once 41 points.

Celtics go up 2-0 while still not playing their best basketball and with Peyton Pritchard the best player on the floor wearing number 11. 20 FTA for Durant, 20!! The NBA really want that Antetokounmpo match up... Hopefully the Celtics can take at least one in Brooklyn. Will we see Ben Simmons return and can he make a difference? People are saying he won't need to shoot, but based on last night that's not true and the Celtics are clearly good enough on defense to force the ball towards him as much as possible as the clock runs down. I'll be surprisewd if they try it in the first game, but maybe if they go 3-0 down they'll give it a go. Chicago get a game against the Bucks, still not convinced they'll offer much resistance over the series but anything to make the Bucks play more is good. Embiid dropped the clutch 3 and the Raptors are going to be really unhappy. 2-1 looked interesting, 3-0 and it looks like they're done.

I'm dissapointed that the Nuggets are getting rolled by the Warriors. I know Jokic likely can't carry the team to a series victory, but I'd hoped it'd at least be closer. The other westmatch-ups are looking tight, especially now Booker is likely out for a couple of games.

Last edited:
So after other teams tanking so they didn't have to face them and everyone still picking the Nets in 5 or 6, now the Celtics have swept them suddenly it was obvious that they'd beat a 7 seed team and everyone is saying that it's Kyrie and KD who lost, rather than the Celtics and their incredible defence that won. The disrespect for this team ridiculous.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS