• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What a blow to the Thunder:

Holmgren, the 7 ft center from Gonzaga, and 2nd overall draft pick, will miss the entire 2022-23 season with a lisfranc injury. Just when you think the Thunder might start turning it around with a player of this caliber something like this happens.

• Sad
Reactions: movingtarget
This is concerning for the Nuggets who currently hold the #1 seed.

But so far...so good: The Joker is on fire with his triple doubles almost every game. Murray's recovery from the ACL surgery is progressing very well as he's averaging around 30 mins a game & pumping in 20.2 pts a game. Aaron Gordon has really stepped up his game averaging 16 pts & 6 boards.

This is a championship caliber team. And with GS & the Lakers down this year it looked very promising for the Nuggets until these trades with Durant & Irving. We'll see how the Nuggets match up with Dallas & Phoenix in the forthcoming games.

The Nuggets did get some help with a needed backup center in a trade with the Lakers:

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
This is concerning for the Nuggets who currently hold the #1 seed.

But so far...so good: The Joker is on fire with his triple doubles almost every game. Murray's recovery from the ACL surgery is progressing very well as he's averaging around 30 mins a game & pumping in 20.2 pts a game. Aaron Gordon has really stepped up his game averaging 16 pts & 6 boards.

This is a championship caliber team. And with GS & the Lakers down this year it looked very promising for the Nuggets until these trades with Durant & Irving. We'll see how the Nuggets match up with Dallas & Phoenix in the forthcoming games.

The Nuggets did get some help with a needed backup center in a trade with the Lakers:

Rather see Denver win the title this season than anyone else. Bucks and Celtics will be hard to hold out.

Reactions: jmdirt and Nomad
Round one done.

I don't know what al the shock is about FDU, I had them going all the way to the championship game. ;) Honestly though, P was not sharp, and as has been much discussed, it was a match up nightmare for P. FDU and FA should be a fast paced game.

Princeton over AZ is another HUGE upset/BIG win. Princeton's woman won too.

Furman over Virginia is another BIG win.

Montana State looked better than I thought they would, but too many turnovers in the first half, and poor shooting in the second sank 'em (well, and a solid K State).

Round one done.

I don't know what al the shock is about FDU, I had them going all the way to the championship game. ;) Honestly though, P was not sharp, and as has been much discussed, it was a match up nightmare for P. FDU and FA should be a fast paced game.

Princeton over AZ is another HUGE upset/BIG win. Princeton's woman won too.

Furman over Virginia is another BIG win.

Montana State looked better than I thought they would, but too many turnovers in the first half, and poor shooting in the second sank 'em (well, and a solid K State).
Yes, Arizona, Purdue, aaand UVA totally blew up my bracket, at least I still have Gonzaga to root for. Otherwise I have Alabama and Houston in the final with Houston winning it all just because they'll be playing in Houston, that's about as much thought as I have put into this. :D

Reactions: jmdirt