• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBC SN Coverage

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't like putting people down but what is going on this year with the TDF coverage. I have read some of the members post blasting Phil and Paul. But come on Bob and the others in the booth are killing me. I mean talk about nonsense all it is, is filler and dumb plugs for products. The only thing they are doing decent is having riders come in after the end of the race. But less Bob and gang and more of Phil and Paul. They have experience they know the sport and they are giving years of experience of talking. so again LESS BOOTH and more Phil and Paul.

superfitcanine said:
I don't like putting people down but what is going on this year with the TDF coverage. I have read some of the members post blasting Phil and Paul. But come on Bob and the others in the booth are killing me. I mean talk about nonsense all it is, is filler and dumb plugs for products. The only thing they are doing decent is having riders come in after the end of the race. But less Bob and gang and more of Phil and Paul. They have experience they know the sport and they are giving years of experience of talking. so again LESS BOOTH and more Phil and Paul.

Less Booth, Less P&P---MORE Racing!!!

Moviefan1203 said:
That must have been one awesome experience! Do tell! :)

Not really, I just worked in the production facility, which was in Connecticut at the time. Mostly just reviewed tapes for problems and marked down times for network graphics (next on Versus, watch a dude shoot a lion). That was when I got into cycling, actually, since cycling was not especially beloved by the staff there so I ended up doing the tapes for most of the TdF that year. It was 2008, I remember that Tour mostly as the year Kim Kirchen held the yellow jersey for a while (and also the whole Saunier Duval thing).

So, yeah, I basically got paid to watch TV. And frankly I could go the rest of my life without watching another fishing show, and I'd die a happy man.

Warhawk said:
Not really, I just worked in the production facility, which was in Connecticut at the time. Mostly just reviewed tapes for problems and marked down times for network graphics (next on Versus, watch a dude shoot a lion). That was when I got into cycling, actually, since cycling was not especially beloved by the staff there so I ended up doing the tapes for most of the TdF that year. It was 2008, I remember that Tour mostly as the year Kim Kirchen held the yellow jersey for a while (and also the whole Saunier Duval thing).

So, yeah, I basically got paid to watch TV. And frankly I could go the rest of my life without watching another fishing show, and I'd die a happy man.

Thanks for sharing. That is a very unique way to get into cycling :).

TRENDING THREADS