• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Need a high-end strapless HRM

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
i have been using polar products for 20 plus years

same here. I have an RS800. But that doesn't change the fact that I am shopping for a STRAPLESS heart rate monitor with similar features to the RS800. I appreciate any product suggestions because I cannot find anything but low end strapless HRMs. Thanks.

EDIT: I am OK with using stick-on electrodes like the FirstBeat BodyGuard. Anything similar is OK.

As far as I know, RS800 does not support cycling. Good for runners. I had one and was not happy about it. Now I am using CS600 with Power Cycling Heart Rate Monitor. Much better. Got it for 329. It came with updated version of Power Output.
polar_07_cs600.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
On the biggest loser, they used ones that went around your arm (I guess they couldn't find straps big enough for them). I have heard mixed reports about them (that they aren't hightly accurate when compared to the strapped ones).

I have a Sigma Rox 8 (strapped). Picked up for 225 on ebay. Awesome. Has cadence, HRM, altitude, inclination amongst the normal things. The strap is actually quite comfortable. Best of all you can change the batteries yourself. Don't need to send them into polar.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you're going to find anything in the exercise market like that. Check the medical industry (sorry, no specific places to point you.)