• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Armstrong Team Sponsor?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
gjdavis60 said:
Oracle? Well, if you think Armstrong has a big ego, just wait until you get a taste of Larry Ellison.
Given the way Ellison sponsored his Oracle/BMW America's Cup syndicate, I suspect he will expect to ride in the races as well.:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

The title sponsor should be "As the World Turns" or "Britney Spears" because they are all little divas dripping with self created drama.

A

Anonymous

Larry Ellison made my aunt a multi-millionaire.

Via firing her at the wrong time.

Just saying...

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
The title sponsor should be "As the World Turns" or "Britney Spears" because they are all little divas dripping with self created drama.

Oracle-Twitter-Trek-Nike-Livestrong-Britney Spears does have a certain ring to it.:D

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
Oracle-Twitter-Trek-Nike-Livestrong-Britney Spears does have a certain ring to it.:D

I think they should put a picture of Britney on the shirt as large as the one Vino has on his personal jersey.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I think they should put a picture of Britney on the shirt as large as the one Vino has on his personal jersey.

That famous beaver shot might be pretty motivating if you're staring at it in front of you for long enough.:p

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
That famous beaver shot might be pretty motivating if you're staring at it in front of you for long enough.:p

Not to me, did you see that thing. Looked like a couple of ships of sailors dropped by and spent a month in it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Not to me, did you see that thing. Looked like a couple of ships of sailors dropped by and spent a month in it.

Yeah I heard it was quite the motley crew that dropped anchor there for a while...

(and i didn't mean the 'urban dictionary' definition, but now I looked it up, you might as well use its meaning instead...)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
If it is indeed Oracle as a sponsor . . . I can see it now . . . . the new nickname for Armstrong by the haters and lovers alike will be "The Oracle" . . . in reference to "The Matrix".

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Oracle and Larry E surely have deep enough pockets and has a world wide presence and relevance to pick up sponsorship of a team.

dimspace said:
i dont see the problem?

The name oraclecycling.com was registered back in February, probably by someone who registers a bunch of names for practically nothing, hoping to cash in on some small percentage of them that somebody eventually wants to buy from them. I suppose it's possible this idea has been cooking that long, but I doubt it. If it had been registered in the last week or so, that would be much more convincing.

TRENDING THREADS