• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Astana boss named, hates Armstrong

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
mikeNphilly said:
Mellow Velo said:
Ummmm, care to name when these multiple bans occurred?

They occured the same year the Lance tested positive...which was never...guess you can be called a Pantani "fan-boy" since you like to use that term for anyone who goes by the facts with Lance.

First, lets tidy the mess up.

Nice assumption and inaccurate to boot.
Sure he used the big "D", just like the rest.

No, I just like folks to lay off the dead guy,
especially when they make crap up..
The sport gave him a ban from life.

Any more of this shit and the thread will be booted to the clinic.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Kazakh kredibility gap

peloton said:
Rini Wagtmans thinks Astana will lose the PT license.
http://www.nusport.nl/wielrennen/2089121/wagtmans-stapt-bij-astana.htm l

because the license holders ethics must be impeccable.
And the Astana situation is already precarious due to this springs' payroll crisis.
Add to that; Vino's management coup d'etat, dirty history, lack of repentance, fallout with Kasheckhin, etc and I don't foresee smooth sailing for the KCF.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
sgreene said:
Though no one knows for sure, there are rumors that he has been doing just that. May be nonsense, but it sure seems logical with this being his best bet at placing high, and with his connections being second to none.

Last I heard, ASO hates LA. Why would they listen to him?[/QUOTE]

They may not like him, but he is worth a lot of money to them.

A

Anonymous

MavicMoto said:
because the license holders ethics must be impeccable.
And the Astana situation is already precarious due to this springs' payroll crisis.
Add to that; Vino's management coup d'etat, dirty history, lack of repentance, fallout with Kasheckhin, etc and I don't foresee smooth sailing for the KCF.

Okay, THAT is funny!

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Looking more likely that Astana gets their license pulled. UCI seems tired of management's shenanigans and Vino coming back is probably just the icing on the cake. I wonder if Johann isn't lobbying behind the scenes too. His recent comments about Astana holding Contador hostage make me wonder.

Also, given all of the departures, they don't even look like a pro-tour caliber team outside of AC. Continental at best, Pull the damn license and give it to someone serious about fielding a competitive team.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Last I heard, ASO hates LA. Why would they listen to him?

They may not like him, but he is worth a lot of money to them.[/QUOTE]

+ 1. This man is a winner.

Love or hate LA, he generates the dollaros. And dollaros > most everything else.

TRENDING THREADS