• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New bike day thread

I think I found my dream bike! 2024 Santa Cruz Megatower, just finished the build a couple weeks ago. Been raining cats and dogs in Nor*Cal so I haven't really been able to put it through its paces in the gnar, but everything I've ridden is telling me it's the best fit I've ever had on a bike. Not a fast climber by any means, but gets over EVERYTHING in a way I've never experienced. Clearing stuff I've never gotten over before, never even close. Eats up the downs. So comfortable. I think the three big things are the size-specific chain stays which put me in the perfect position, the overall geometry at a 77.5° seat tube and a 63.5° head tube, and the stack, which is really high and perfect for a long-torso, short-arm kinda guy. I love this thing!

Anyone else get a new MTB or Gravel bike recently?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jmdirt
I think I found my dream bike! 2024 Santa Cruz Megatower, just finished the build a couple weeks ago. Been raining cats and dogs in Nor*Cal so I haven't really been able to put it through its paces in the gnar, but everything I've ridden is telling me it's the best fit I've ever had on a bike. Not a fast climber by any means, but gets over EVERYTHING in a way I've never experienced. Clearing stuff I've never gotten over before, never even close. Eats up the downs. So comfortable. I think the three big things are the size-specific chain stays which put me in the perfect position, the overall geometry at a 77.5° seat tube and a 63.5° head tube, and the stack, which is really high and perfect for a long-torso, short-arm kinda guy. I love this thing!

NICE ride!

Reactions: red_flanders
I bought the new Canyon Lux Trail CF 9 in the winter, the weather is very unfavourable here but it doesn't stop me putting the kilometres in.

image-67514625.jpg

Nice workshop.