• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New doping affair in Spain

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
riobonito92 said:
That's what I meant by being dogmatic. I don't see why a non-pro, non-elite older rider should not be able to take something to perk up their sex life, even if it is technically a PED, AND ride officially sanctioned races.

That's when they don't take out a license and ride non-sanctioned races. The ability of locally "sanctioned" bodies/promoters to monitor who has a boner pass and who doesn't is not part of the sport. Make a choice...tune your bike or tune up the missus.

riobonito92 said:
That's what I meant by being dogmatic. I don't see why a non-pro, non-elite older rider should not be able to take something to perk up their sex life, even if it is technically a PED, AND ride officially sanctioned races.
Problem is, they're not simply recreational races, are they? I imagine there's prizes and stuff.

By the way, I'm pretty sure it's these guys (that's the 2010 roster though). Their use of Comic Sans means they deserve whatever is coming to them.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Problem is, they're not simply recreational races, are they? I imagine there's prizes and stuff.

By the way, I'm pretty sure it's these guys (that's the 2010 roster though). Their use of Comic Sans means they deserve whatever is coming to them.

Jeez loueez, these guys take themselves way too seriously. They have coaches n' everthin'. No wonder they consider us naive.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
Jeez loueez, these guys take themselves way too seriously. They have coaches n' everthin'. No wonder they consider us naive.

Mmm... what's everyone being so surprised about?

Older men with cash play out their phantasies and live like Pro's, including Epo. I'm amused that you guys are so naive. In the veteran ranks there are quite a few. In fact I know two Doctors who do quite well, even internationally. And they "joke" about prepring for the season :eek:

I'll be honest. If I could rule the veteran ranks up to a world title (and could afford it^^),... I might be tempted. Sure beats to be pack fodder like I'm doomed to remain forever. Problem is that Epo doesn't help lost causes like me :p

Oldman said:
It smells like an middleman bust, doesn't it? As for Fester's belief this somehow reduces the Pro profile of use...how do you draw that conclusion? This is just one drug ring of many and the Pros have their own sources. Only Popo would be dumb enough to buy it online.

It's a two way thing though. The rings need to find clients just as the dopers need to find the rings. What of those guys that got busted by the Catalan police? The ones dumb enough to solicit business from the only Spanish male pro on BikePure?

(For the record there's also Dorleta Zorrilla, a friendly and entertaining Basque women's cyclist, though she's currently taking time out to complete her degree, but apart from her and Xavi, there's no Spaniards on the site at all)

Race Radio said:
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1781460/Spanish-police-bust-sports-doping-gangs

This has to be one of the larger PED busts in history. Spanish police have arrested 84 people in relation to the importation of 700,000 doses of anabolic steroids, EPO and growth hormones.

And a recent law change is mentionned. So the waited for the law to change and then went for the kill. Such great police, such horrible justice system...
Or are crinimals just lazy because they feelknow to be protected by the justice system?

May 26, 2011
Visit site
NYT picks up on the latest - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/w...ce-arrest-84-in-crackdown-on-doping.html?_r=0

The police have arrested 84 people and dismantled two criminal gangs accused of importing and distributing sports doping substances across Spain, the Interior Ministry said Sunday.

The raids were conducted over a period of months in 10 Spanish regions, the ministry said, with half the arrests in the country’s three largest cities: Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.

Over all, the authorities seized about 707,000 doses of anabolic steroids, blood boosters and growth hormones. The substances were distributed through Spanish sports centers and private homes, the ministry said in a statement. One of the gangs imported the illegal products from Portugal, and the other imported its substances from Greece and China, the ministry said.

The ministry did not disclose the identities of those arrested but said they included a pharmacist. The Italian police were also involved in the operation because some of the products from Greece had traveled through Italy.

TRENDING THREADS