• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Forum Section - Workshop and Maintenance.

hello

not sure if this is the right place to post so please move to the correct area if not

any chance we could have another section or sub-section on the forum tilted

Workshop & Maintenance

any chance??

I know that some folks post these / those types of questions in the "Bikes & Gear" section, but a dedicated area for this would be great
huge sticky potential and a sweet online resource

there are plenty of knowledgeable members and I'm sure there's plenty of home mechanics itching to work on their bikes etc, but not quite sure where to start

just a thought

Would love to have this kind of sub-forum myself, especially since I'm currently working on this 80s Motobecane 12-speed. (Initially I thought it was a 10-speed, but upon looking more closely it's actually a 12-speed.)

We could share pictures and stuff (of the bikes, of course, not of our nude bodies), and all kinds of hilarity could ensue.

Re:

42x16ss said:
That would be cool, and might draw out posters such as BustedKnuckle and Beppe Magnetico more often. Those two have great knowledge that the forum is better for having.

yes
there appears to be numerous posters with a wealth of knowledge to offer

i think there are many folks out there who are too scared to ask some basic questions
we all were at some stage in our cycling lives

hence the idea of a comprehensive sticky section which could have the potential to be an excellent online resource in the one place that is always evolving as the industry does

Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
Would love to have this kind of sub-forum myself, especially since I'm currently working on this 80s Motobecane 12-speed. (Initially I thought it was a 10-speed, but upon looking more closely it's actually a 12-speed.)

We could share pictures and stuff (of the bikes, of course, not of our nude bodies), and all kinds of hilarity could ensue.

nude ti is very acceptable

nude humans
perhaps not in this section

JackRabbitSlims said:
hello

not sure if this is the right place to post so please move to the correct area if not

any chance we could have another section or sub-section on the forum tilted

Workshop & Maintenance

any chance??

I know that some folks post these / those types of questions in the "Bikes & Gear" section, but a dedicated area for this would be great
huge sticky potential and a sweet online resource

there are plenty of knowledgeable members and I'm sure there's plenty of home mechanics itching to work on their bikes etc, but not quite sure where to start

just a thought

+1 to all of this!

Fantabulous idea!

Re: Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
nude ti is very acceptable

nude humans
perhaps not in this section
Nude? Why, I never!

Actually, here's more of what I had in mind - us at our most greasy and unglamorous, working on stuff.

truing.jpg

(The dogs were of absolutely no help while I was trying to true this old wheel, btw.)

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
This is great idea, I agree no snobs allowed. It's got to be about help and advice and tips and not about how much better Campy is.
Lets get this on up and running.

Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
ray j willings said:
This is great idea, I agree no snobs allowed. It's got to be about help and advice and tips and not about how much better Campy is.
Lets get this on up and running.
Sounds good, might have to have a sticky saying to keep all requests for opinions in the "Bikes and Gear" thread though :D

ffs ray
who said campy was better

kidding

yeah just like keeping all the doping chatter in the asylum
oh
i mean the clinic

same could apply in the workshop
ask questions
get answers advice suggestions help etc

nothing wrong with stating
i like and use this because etc etc

but taking the militant stance that (insert brand of choice here) is the only choice
and all the rest is schitt

probably won't fly for too long

not everyone can afford
top shelf italian bling

we get quite a few rough guys and gals coming into our shop who haven't got $50 to spend on their bike
but it's their only mode of transport
it gets them from home to work and back again
and we do our best to keep them on that bike

sometimes we put cheap crappy parts on to replace even cheaper crappier parts

anyways
mods
admin

how do we get this up and running??

TRENDING THREADS