• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2012 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

Page 56 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Why is it so hard to make a decent UK jersey? Just use something like this:
images

And Wiggins' jersey makes him look like he is Dutch or French champion. What are those designers thinking?

Cancellator said:
images

And Wiggins' jersey makes him look like he is Dutch or French champion. What are those designers thinking?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think the current British champion's jersey is way better than anything incorporating a full Union Jack.
The Union Jack (like the South African or the US flag) is just too complicated to be used on a cycling jersey in a good way.
I agree that the design used now (which has been around for decades, by the way, and thus is also something traditional) isn't very distinctive compared to a Dutch, French or Luxembourgish jersey. But I couldn't come up with anything better.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Cancellator said:
images

I hate jerseys that use the entire union flag in that way. Same feeling when they do it with the Stars and Stripes. To me it looks really cheesy.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
If it's for the consumer market, I guess more people watch the Tour de France than Formula 1 racing.

Going by the sponsors and money made - Forumula 1 wins by quite a lot imo. But you may be right. Geox was more popular for sponsoring Vettel's shoes than for the cycling team.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Going by the sponsors and money made - Forumula 1 wins by quite a lot imo. But you may be right. Geox was more popular for sponsoring Vettel's shoes than for the cycling team.

I don't think sponsoring shoes makes you more popular. Sponsoring shoes fits the company though, although you should consider the investment and the return on it. I don't think the shoes would do so great, since you don't really see them, it costs you a lot and 99 percent of the public probably doesn't care anyway...

Sponsorship deals often are more dependent on what company owners/directors like than on pure rational arguments and exact numbers.

Gloin22 said:
Sponsoring cycling is relatively cheap though. For less than 10 million euros you're a headline sponsor, and you're featured in the most watched annual sports event in the world. For the same money you'd be a tiny speck on an F1 car.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
GB champs jersey has a long history in many sports. It is the same design as the traditional GB athletics vest. Take a look at the classic Coe / Ovett / Cram photos

theyoungest said:
If it's for the consumer market, I guess more people watch the Tour de France than Formula 1 racing.

Might be true. The advantage of F1 is more in the business market, ideal for corporations to fly over some VIPs to a hospitality unit in a place far away. And of course pit babes are a bit more glamorous than skinny men with shaved legs :p

That's why I think Rabobank belongs in cycling and ABN Amro in a sport like F1.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Arnout said:
Might be true. The advantage of F1 is more in the business market, ideal for corporations to fly over some VIPs to a hospitality unit in a place far away. And of course pit babes are a bit more glamorous than skinny men with shaved legs :p

That's why I think Rabobank belongs in cycling and ABN Amro in a sport like F1.

But we have podium girls! Like that wonderful lady in this year's E3!

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
nobilis said:
Anyone noticed that the new Landbouwkrediet Colnago kit looks like the Phonak kit when seen from the back?

Yes, and I don't like it, makes me think about rats.
their old kit was a little darker green and much more classic looking, but they really don't have riders anymore (except cross), Accent and Topsport have been kicking their ***

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Has anybody seen any news about the Team USA kit for the Olympics? For the past few years, the national team jerseys have been identical to the national champs jerseys. The official champions jersey, that is. What riders end up actually wearing rarely looks like the one they won.

I think it would be awesome if it was a spin off on the original USA National Team jersey.

_40418279_roadrace203_270.jpg

Ed. Not to troll or anything, it's just that this is one of the best pics of that jersey.

TRENDING THREADS